Best tip for a Break/ Jump cue

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently acquired a break/jumper- Gilbert, with a built in rear extension. I have never liked phenolic break tips because i felt, for me, I had little control over the cue ball. Any suggestions on a very good break/jump tip out there now that gives decent control and does the job as a break/jumper? Thanks!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently acquired a break/jumper- Gilbert, with a built in rear extension. I have never liked phenolic break tips because i felt, for me, I had little control over the cue ball. Any suggestions on a very good break/jump tip out there now that gives decent control and does the job as a break/jumper? Thanks!

Bulletproof tips give me a chub.

Am I the only one?

Wtf?

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Taom and White diamond Ultra 2 very good tips

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Bulletproof tips give me a chub.

Am I the only one?

Wtf?

I love the Bullet Proof tip I put on my jump cue, I have yet to break much with it soI really dont have an opinion yet. I bought 5 more tips to put on jump cues, I think I am going to put one on my break shaft and try it out.

What I like about this tip is: I can jump with ease and have great control. it has a great feel to it (to me). I can jump with ease without chalking the tip.

My break shaft and jump shaft are purple heart, the couple times I used my jump shaft to break with to test out the Bullet Proof tip I had pretty much the same result as using my Andy Gilbert Gator tip.

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Outsville Hammerhead on my Gilbert J/B and I wouldn't change it for anything. Hits hard and has great control!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My two cents - white diamond, Samsara, hammerhead. If you do a forum search, you’ll find out more info on break/jump tips than you’ll ever need, and you’ll never get a consensus on any single one or two of them. As in the case with most product info threads on here, they seem to repeat every couple of months. I assume some on here just aren’t aware of the topic search feature.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
I can't say which is the best, but I can tell you I really like the BK Hybrid tip that came stock on my BK Rush break cue.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone for the advice- I have been out of 9 ball competition for 3 years and sort of lost touch with the latest break/Jump stuff out there. I just know that i did not like my old phenolic break tips from years ago bc I never knew where the cue ball would end up on the table.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless your using a cut style break, you shouldn't be having an issue unless your miss hitting the cue ball.

Either way, any hard leather tip should suit you.

Jeff

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Just wanted to give my endorsement on the white diamond

Ihad a fancy break cue with a phenolic tip and special shaft that did well

But I have this ugly home made breaker with a conical taper and just installed a 8 dollar white diamond and the damn thing is breaking better for me than anything I've used before
Granted I'm also breaking better but the white diamond is hittin em hard and I'm loving it

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before I switched to dedicated break and jump cues, the tip I liked best was the samsara. Good control on the break but still a very good jumper.

I have 2 buddies who love the bulletproof, but I don’t have much personal experience with it beyond a few test hits...

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 2012 came with a standard Le Pro, per Andy. He also told me at the time the entire cue was the same as his playing cues except for the jump joint. And the others may have inlays, rings etc.

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another vote here for the Bulletproof. I have one on my BK Rush and on my Air2 Jump Cue, They grip the ball almost well enough to use on a playing cue, but also get up in the air nearly as well as phenolic. Pretty amazing tips. Also, it's almost like they don't need chalk. I use chalk, but they don't really hold it well. I don't think I've ever miscued with this tip though.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
add me to the white diamond endorsers camp. been using the same one with *zero* maintenance for over 10 years. It is phenolic though. I love the power.

Best non-phenolic I've used is Samsara's break tip.

gl

best,
brian kc

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BlueBook cue builder Joseph Picone
Joe makes these "White Diamond" tips in his lab, very grippy tip.
Holds chalk, performs well, makes the cue look good, I like them.

Attachments

• WW B.jpg
    WW B.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 172
  • WW S.jpg
    WW S.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 183

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
the one im using now is 11mm and its hurting my ears
i was making a ball on every break monday at league with this small one that had a medium leather on before my wd installed

AZB member KOINNKID sells nice looking breakers with these tips on them
im ordering one from him
at 13.5mm with white diamond, look out!

Last edited: