Old
  (#32356)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-19-2020, 11:44 AM

Attached Images

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#32357)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

01-19-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
I've got a lifted JKUR and I watch a ton of you tube stuff on Jeeps. Never seen anything even close to that.

Balls of steel.

What you don't see in the vid is the spotter.

The rail is your best friend.

Last edited by strmanglr scott; 01-19-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Old
  (#32358)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-19-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Balls of steel.
Made me pucker a little...

pj
chgo

Old
  (#32359)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-19-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I've got a lifted JKUR and I watch a ton of you tube stuff on Jeeps. Never seen anything even close to that.

Balls of steel.

What you don't see in the vid is the spotter.
Can you elaborate on that? What does a spotter do to make a 2500+ lb stop falling? Where would the spotter be and it he gonna die?

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#32360)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

01-19-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Can you elaborate on that? What does a spotter do to make a 2500+ lb stop falling? Where would the spotter be and it he gonna die?
The spotter stands in front of the vehicle and uses hand gestures and often a CB in contact with the driver. The spotter is telling the guy in the Jeep exactly where to put his tires.

They are critical and mean the difference between rolling your rig and other possible damage, like sliding into a tree or rock.

If you don't know what the Lion's Gate(back) or Black Bear pass is out west, look that up on YouTube. Great scenery. Crazy driving.

That Jeep is around 5000lbs.

Edit: Most intense offroading I watch is 4WD Action out of Australia. These guys are always at the risk of breaking something, frequently use a winch to pull their vehicles out of the worst spots.

Last edited by strmanglr scott; 01-19-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Old
  (#32361)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-19-2020, 08:23 PM

Oh, now I see the difference if you have a spotter. I thought it was scary but if you have a spotter, it's easy peasy! Yeah, right.

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#32362)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus

01-19-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post
Oh, now I see the difference if you have a spotter. I thought it was scary but if you have a spotter, it's easy peasy! Yeah, right.
Never said it was easy.

I've stressed hard in stuff thats chidrens candy compared to anything anywhere close to that. You couldn't pay me enough to drive that w your Jeep.

Rule one of offroading is, you don't go alone. If you're doing anything challenging, depending on your ability and experience, you should have a spotter.

The other thing about that video is, it's been speed up. Even on flat ground, no ledge, with rocks like that you're are at a crawl. That whole video was easily 5 minutes plus I'd bet. Just crawling the driver's side tire up that wall, probably was a couple minutes.

Old
  (#32363)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-19-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Never said it was easy.

I've stressed hard in stuff thats chidrens candy compared to anything anywhere close to that. You couldn't pay me enough to drive that w your Jeep.

Rule one of offroading is, you don't go alone. If you're doing anything challenging, depending on your ability and experience, you should have a spotter.

The other thing about that video is, it's been speed up. Even on flat ground, no ledge, with rocks like that you're are at a crawl. That whole video was easily 5 minutes plus I'd bet. Just crawling the driver's side tire up that wall, probably was a couple minutes.
Thanks for the posts on the matter.

Spotter in crawling is a lot different than in gymnastics...uhh weightlifting, I mean

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#32364)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

01-19-2020, 09:37 PM

IMO, that vid looks like it was not speeded up, at least not 25x or more. The bounce after it stops temporarily looks real time.

Impressive. More so without a spotter.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#32365)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus

01-19-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
IMO, that vid looks like it was not speeded up, at least not 25x or more. The bounce after it stops temporarily looks real time.

Impressive. More so without a spotter.
I don't have experience rock crawling myself. I've probably got a couple hundred hours in watching others do it.

Watch a few shows of 4WD Action, some videos of people doing the Rubicon Trail. You'll get the idea.

That guy drove that like it was paved. When that Jeep dropped, that guy had his brakes on the whole time and was doing his best to keep his pants clean.

I'd bet when that thing dropped he took a few to gather his thoughts. I've watched many drive far less intimidating stuff, who do it regularly, and take much more time.

You can think all you want about how fast he went through there. I'll think what I know.

Old
  (#32366)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2020, 01:57 AM

Quote:
I don't have experience rock crawling myself. I've probably got a couple hundred hours in watching others do it.

Watch a few shows of 4WD Action, some videos of people doing the Rubicon Trail. You'll get the idea.

That guy drove that like it was paved. When that Jeep dropped, that guy had his brakes on the whole time and was doing his best to keep his pants clean.

I'd bet when that thing dropped he took a few to gather his thoughts. I've watched many drive far less intimidating stuff, who do it regularly, and take much more time.

You can think all you want about how fast he went through there. I'll think what I know.
Vid is real speed. No spotter needed. No real danger. Not real Jeep.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#32367)
strmanglr scott
All about Focus

01-20-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
Vid is real speed. No spotter needed. No real danger. Not real Jeep.
Would not surprise me, how'd you find out?

Old
  (#32368)
8cree
AzB Silver Member

8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2020, 05:32 AM

... behind every good man, there's a woman rolling her eyes

Old
  (#32369)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

01-20-2020, 06:37 AM

Royal Pro

Old
  (#32370)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline

01-20-2020, 06:38 AM

Royal Pro

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: