Pictures of hackwork section!

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
We need some good laughs around here,and I'm sure everyone has some good pics of weirdness or just nasty work found on a table....so lets see'em!

These came from the same table at a poolroom in DFW last done by one of the "reputable" guys.... with complaints about the rail for a couple of years, but nobody apparently looked at it...lol
8" split running from the side pocket all the way through the rail,top to bottom, and into the face holding on the cushions.
Sure sounded cool though-

Wish we could have gotten pics of the table last year taken apart to move by sawzall and landscapers in Sacramento....I still cringe at the visual!:eek:

Attachments

• Photo2619.jpg
    Photo2619.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 6,216
  • Photo2599.jpg
    Photo2599.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 6,198
  • Photo2600.jpg
    Photo2600.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 6,191
  • Photo2621.jpg
    Photo2621.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 6,186

OTLB

Banned
just moved this table and when I started to strip the rails, OMG all of them were like this. wood liners loose on all of them. So today I am reparing them all and putting them back together. NO big deal but just another one of those things you run into. note, I didn't put the sheetrock screws in there

Attachments

• MVC-089F.JPG
    MVC-089F.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 6,098
  • MVC-091F.JPG
    MVC-091F.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 6,079
Last edited:

OTLB

Banned
While I repaired the above I went and started another job. Problem with some guy leaving staples in the rails. Again no big deal, probably take me another 10 minutes. Can't wait till they have tac strips in them so I don't have to use my electro magnetic staple puller(only kidding, am I?). The size of these staples is nuts, the wood is like pulling them from concrete as you all know how that is. Its ok, good for my arm wrestling competitions.

Attachments

• MVC-104F.JPG
    MVC-104F.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 6,040
  • MVC-105F.JPG
    MVC-105F.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 6,024
Last edited:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
good pics

While I repaired the above I went and started another job. Problem with some guy leaving staples in the rails. Again no big deal, probably take me another 10 minutes. Can't wait till they have tac strips in them so I don't have to use my electro magnetic staple puller(only kidding, am I?). The size of these staples is nuts, the wood is like pulling them from concrete as you all know how that is. Its ok, good for my arm wrestling competitions.

I moved a table this morning that when I took it apart, there were no slatescrews, 1-2 railbolts per rail (hand tight), and exactly 4 pocket bolts.
But other than that they did a good clean job of putting it back together. Spray glue and beeswax.
On the bright side, my extra hardware toolbox is lighter to carry now:D

LOL
Armwrestling competitions....hmmm....
You know I just MIGHT be headed your way between the Texas Open and Galveston....:thumbup:
Unless I end up doing the poolroom in Atlanta. Otherwise It's going to be around the 23rd before I can go pick up a couple of tables closer to you (,NJ).
King of AZB mechanics section Armwrestiling challenge!lol
Wait...Glen you're going to be on the West Coast about then RIGHT?lol

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I moved a table this morning that when I took it apart, there were no slatescrews, 1-2 railbolts per rail (hand tight), and exactly 4 pocket bolts.
But other than that they did a good clean job of putting it back together. Spray glue and beeswax.
On the bright side, my extra hardware toolbox is lighter to carry now:D

LOL
Armwrestling competitions....hmmm....
You know I just MIGHT be headed your way between the Texas Open and Galveston....:thumbup:
Unless I end up doing the poolroom in Atlanta. Otherwise It's going to be around the 23rd before I can go pick up a couple of tables closer to you (,NJ).
King of AZB mechanics section Armwrestiling challenge!lol
Wait...Glen you're going to be on the West Coast about then RIGHT?lol

Do you get L&I bennifits?:rotflmao1:

OTLB

Banned
well if I had attended a seminar like the one that just occurred you know I would have started something like that right then and there. Of course I always go last and only once. Don't want to give away any secrets

tread2004

We just recovered a table that was covered by the "billiard professor." OMG! I wish I would have taken pictures of those rails. They were horrible. I don't know what glue he used to put on the cushion rubber but, it was not good. They were laying loose under the cloth. I know the guy who owns the table and he would literally kill someone for sitting on his table. So, I know it didn't happen because of abuse.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
well if I had attended a seminar like the one that just occurred you know I would have started something like that right then and there. Of course I always go last and only once. Don't want to give away any secrets

hmmm....going first, or last...no matter, a loss is a loss, but I can see why you'd want to delay it, I guess some just like to be the last one to lose:D:rotflmao1:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
hmmm....going first, or last...no matter, a loss is a loss, but I can see why you'd want to delay it, I guess some just like to be the last one to lose:D:rotflmao1:

That settles it...I'm building an authentic AZB Mechanics armwrestling table to travel to all Mechanics gatherings everywhere!
With interchangeable left and right handed handles to grab onto....
Every Mech that wins can autograph it:thumbup:lol

And I have no problem going first, 'cause I plan to be there at the last!:wink:
When you coming back this way Glen? I discovered something kinda interesting this week while I was picking up some glue. Ever look across the street and see what headquarters are there...?
Might come in handy with the certification and Mechanics Union......

OTLB

Banned
well I guess I will keep working out at the gym then. I can curl a 5 lb weight 1000 times in a row, Glen can you do that? see its like 1p, you gotta make the game fair. There are guys in there that curl 120lb weight 6 times(1 arm dumbells), 3 sets and their toast. So who is stronger???????

or how about this, how many push ups can you do? pull ups? jumping jacks? can you climb 100 flights of stairs without stopping? can you sprint the 100 yd dash 10 times in a row? all kinds of ways to test. I am not the best arm wrestler but very good, and will take on anyone in these other categories too. or how about carrying a 9 ft piece of slate with one hand? be careful of the games you make

we better get back to the thread point or I will get yelled at, oh wait, Glen you can't say anything as your off track to. hahahahhahha

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
well I guess I will keep working out at the gym then. I can curl a 5 lb weight 1000 times in a row, Glen can you do that? see its like 1p, you gotta make the game fair. There are guys in there that curl 120lb weight 6 times(1 arm dumbells), 3 sets and their toast. So who is stronger???????

or how about this, how many push ups can you do? pull ups? jumping jacks? can you climb 100 flights of stairs without stopping? can you sprint the 100 yd dash 10 times in a row? all kinds of ways to test. I am not the best arm wrestler but very good, and will take on anyone in these other categories too. or how about carrying a 9 ft piece of slate with one hand? be careful of the games you make

we better get back to the thread point or I will get yelled at, oh wait, Glen you can't say anything as your off track to. hahahahhahha

I can dead lift 615lbs, never had a need to lift more...:rotflmao1:...off track:D

OTLB

Banned
how many pushups can you do in a row? how many one handed? off to go do another antique will post pics of what I repaired and completed per CUEP's request.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
how many pushups can you do in a row? how many one handed? off to go do another antique will post pics of what I repaired and completed per CUEP's request.

You've heard the story about the turtle and the hare haven't you?:D:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
With slate on your back or just a complete table?

Slate only 10 whole table just enough to get the lob done okay maybe 3.

Glen 615 ouch!!!!!

Craig

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member

If you want to armwrestle, we can armwrestle, if you want to make it a mechanics decathalon of sorts guess what.....
I'll match you while smoking a Marlboro! lmao!
I don't go to the gym, I work too much for that kind of time luxury, but I do however have a purty fair background in the Advanced Athletics Department at the University of USMC....
I believe Glen can remember back into those days of the School of Hardknocks Ft. Benning.
So while we're on the subject of stamina and strength excercises....How many flights can you carry a center or end slate from a 9' Brunswick?
How far across a football field can you go while carrying one over your head, or how many times around a city block?
Unfortunately I have had colleagues in the past that were willing to make small wagers with people to find out how far I could go...
And in the spirit of competition, I did armwrestle and BEAT a small 6 year old child this morning!:wink:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
I can dead lift 615lbs, never had a need to lift more...:rotflmao1:...off track:D

That's it! You and me in the street at noon..... Which is going to be....? Thumbwrasslin or rock, paper, scissors?:thumbup:
Loser has to wear a pink shirt for 24 hours that says.....Hack!:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::
But I gotta warn ya- I may be 220 lbs but I'm wiry!:grin-square::

OTLB

Banned
Take a regular scale that you stand on and squeeze as much as you can. Hold for 5 seconds. See what you can do