Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Designing new light, projector mount, and camera for table
Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

01-05-2020, 04:19 PM

Name:  IMG_4632.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  32.2 KB
Camera and projector both mounted with final design mounts. Next step is to do the power wires, and signal wires.

Name:  IMG_4629.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  34.6 KB
Camera closeup.

Name:  IMG_4630.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  35.3 KB
Projector closeup. BTW the projector model number is ViewSonic PS501W and link is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 incase anyone wants to do the same.

Name:  IMG_4633.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  36.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4634.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  52.5 KB
Table is still full of crap until I do the wire routing and cable tunnels. I never cover the table in-between uses, but the cover has been indispensable the many times over the years I fooled around with things on the ceiling.

Old
  (#77)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

01-08-2020, 08:54 PM

I'm almost done the installation. In the mean time, I have some quick video samples. I think they are amazing! Less than 60 sec each for my short attention span They are 1080P, make sure you pick that option on youtube, and check out full screen for best result. No sound due to copyright music playing.

This one is with the DSLR on a tripod, at a low angle (and skewed). Lens is a 24mm prime lens. I really, really, really like this angle (not the skew part, the low part). I really like how big the balls are. The angles are different though, on one super thin cut shot in real life, the angle made it look easy (not shown in this clip). I'll have to experiment more with this.
https://youtu.be/-CkbO2fkRsI

Here is the overhead angle. This is with a 10-18mm wide angle zoom lens set at 10mm (widest). I can zoom this one in tighter, and will experiment later. The lines on the table look straight! A great sign. They should be straighter still if I zoom in slightly.
https://youtu.be/UEy6_WNImB4

Last edited by iusedtoberich; 01-08-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Old
  (#78)
Slickstick9
RKC TABLE
Slickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond reputeSlickstick9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000

01-08-2020, 10:44 PM

Really enjoyed this thread.

Old
  (#79)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-09-2020, 01:09 AM

Iusetoberich, you have done a great job.

I thought I was done with my table/room....but, you are forcing me to rethink things.

Again, great job and congratulations on getting to the finish line with your project. I can see where it would be a huge asset to anyone's game/room.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#80)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

01-19-2020, 05:25 PM

The physical install is all finished. Some fine tuning with the software to control the cameras, but it works well enough for now.

Name:  IMG_4639.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  61.7 KB
I screwed the transformers to the ceiling for a better job.

Name:  IMG_4693.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  35.9 KB
Ran the wires inside a plastic cable hider.

Name:  IMG_4694.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  42.8 KB
The black wire is power, the white wire is HDMI to record directly to my computer's hard drive (this did not end up working, I'll discuss it later). (all the wire ties I replaced later with same colored off-white ones).

Name:  IMG_4695.jpg
Size:  62.4 KB
I stuck the raspberry and the power strips on the back of the projector with double sided tape. (all the wire ties I replaced later with same colored off-white ones).

Name:  IMG_4696.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  31.4 KB
From the front view, the projector looks very clean, which was my goal. All the wires are hidden on its back side.

Old
  (#81)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

01-19-2020, 05:33 PM

Name:  IMG_4697.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  77.3 KB
The "new to me" Mac Pro is under this desk, and the HDMI cable dangling on the right side of the cue rack will fit in the channel there, and go into the Mac. That will happen later. Right now, I'm just using the camera card to record, and climbing up on the pool table to start and stop the recording.

Name:  IMG_4698.jpg
Size:  52.7 KB
Lots of holes to patch on the ceiling from the old light.

Name:  IMG_4710.jpg
Size:  72.9 KB
Holes on the wall too where the old camera was. This computer will probably go away, once the Mac Pro under the desk is all set up.

Name:  IMG_4705.jpg
Size:  70.7 KB
Off topic, I put bondo on the door edge to smooth it. The original edge was particleboard.

Name:  IMG_4831.jpg
Size:  66.0 KB
Here is the fished desk, with the bonded edge now painted white. The gf loved it. Oh, you can see the Mac Pro peeking out from under the desk.

Old
  (#82)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

01-19-2020, 05:36 PM

Name:  IMG_4853.jpg
Size:  43.8 KB
Here I went back and redid all the wire ties to be the off white, translucent ones, instead of those neon colored ones I had before. I also got the shortest wires I could find on amazon so there would be less wires in the coils. Yes, I'm anal

Old
  (#83)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

01-19-2020, 05:40 PM

Back to the camera on the wall (not the ceiling).

Name:  IMG_4712.jpg
Size:  62.7 KB
Marking bracket for drilling.

Name:  IMG_4713.jpg
Size:  89.3 KB
Pilot holes.

Name:  IMG_4714.jpg
Size:  87.6 KB
Clearance holes for screws.

Name:  IMG_4715.jpg
Size:  74.7 KB
Rounding corners.

Name:  IMG_4724.jpg
Size:  110.1 KB
Painting. This is actually my wall color. The maintenance people at my apartment gave me touch up paint.

Old
  (#84)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

01-19-2020, 05:48 PM

Name:  IMG_4726.jpg
Size:  69.8 KB
Here is the old mount from the old camera on the right, and the new one on the left.

Name:  IMG_4725.jpg
Size:  76.1 KB
Here I'm using a laser level to project the centerline of the table onto the blue tape on the wall. From there I used a traditional bubble level to go upwards.

Name:  IMG_4860.jpg
Size:  45.7 KB
Angle channel mounted on the wall, with the bracket. You can see it can go up and down wherever I want.

Name:  IMG_4888.jpg
Size:  34.5 KB
Closeup of camera. A 24mm prime lens works great from this distance. Once I figure out the software situation on the camera, I will run power and HDMI to this camera also. Right now, this one is running on the battery and recording to its camera card. That will be later.

Name:  IMG_4889.jpg
Size:  60.9 KB
Here is a wider shot so you can see the whole thing. I don't know how often I'll end up using this location, as I really like the overhead shot. (I have 2 cameras, one for each location). For now, I'm keeping them both. Oh, I can also put my original Panasonic camcorder on top of this canon, and put it higher up close to the ceiling. That way I would have 3 cameras. Again, probably overkill. But, that camera is sitting doing nothing right now.

Old
  (#85)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

01-19-2020, 06:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UGM...ature=youtu.be

Here is the final output. 1 rack, recorded with both cameras simultaneously. 5 min total length. The first 2.5 min is the overhead camera, the second 2.5 min is the wall mounted camera.

The overhead camera the lines are all straight, but the balls get non-round as you get further from center. You can see I have lines drawn on the cloth with marker, and the lines closest to the top and bottom of the screen are slightly further apart than the lines in the center of the screen. Still, I think it is a pretty good representation of the table, and the angles of the shots look about right. Its also the best I've personally seen with an overhead camera that was not one of the big boys.

The wall mount camera for some reason the picture quality looks better. I think this might be a youtube thing, as they both look great from a quality standpoint on the video saved to my computer before uploading to youtube. This view, the balls are all round. Of course, its harder to see the angles of the shots and if balls clear each other. On the other hand, this view is more "human", as you can see more of the shooter, and I think the view itself is more interesting due to that.

I definitely like them both. What is your favorite?

Old
  (#86)
pab
Center ball can do it all
pab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond reputepab has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-19-2020, 10:16 PM

You sir are one incredibly talented individual. I hope you enjoy your setup as much as I've enjoyed this thread. Everything looks amazing and the functionality is phenomenal!

Playing Cue - Jacoby, Edge Hybrid shaft
Break Cue - Jacoby, Heavy Hitter

Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: