Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Sometime you just ask why - Phoenix, Az Police made a big mistake

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Sometime you just ask why - Phoenix, Az Police made a big mistake
Old
  (#1)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

Sometime you just ask why - Phoenix, Az Police made a big mistake - 01-17-2020, 07:17 AM

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-armed-robbery

Wonder how this happened, wonder how this misidentification happened, wonder how much this will cost the City to settle.

Should be intresting to see how Chief Williams handle this hot topic.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#2)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-17-2020, 04:42 PM

So.
Will qualified immunity apply?

Somebodies civil rights were violated.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#3)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 04:48 PM

When Cops goof, it like being in a traffic accident. Someone pays, Cops do make mistakes, because they are human. Problem get bigger when they try and idle ritzy cover up stuff with lies.

In this case they were not aware of the suspect brother having Sickle Cell, and they went after the WRONG BROTHER. The one who was not the wanted person wanted, but the one with Sickle Cell.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#4)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 04:49 PM

Paging BlackBalled.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#5)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-17-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Paging BlackBalled.
Sounds like the police responded to an urgent situation with the best evidence available.

Which was wrong and furnished by the ATF...they want you to know.

Based on the limited info, I'd think the PD has immunity.the atf, maybe not.

There is the statement the wrongly detained shares a room with the wanted brother. that warrants more detail, as in was it ever said by the detained that he had more than one residence, and does the wanted have an address of record that is where the incident occurred, or elsewhere?

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#6)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 07:08 PM

Did the police officer in question willfully act in an unreasonable manner?

Did he believe to have probable cause?

Has he established a pattern of unlawful detainment?

These are but a few of the questions a judge or jury must answer before a lawsuit can move forward.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#7)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-18-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
Did the police officer in question willfully act in an unreasonable manner?

Did he believe to have probable cause?

Has he established a pattern of unlawful detainment?

These are but a few of the questions a judge or jury must answer before a lawsuit can move forward.
Nice and succinct glimpse into the actual considerations that due process requires.

Obviously, it is a horrid thing that happened to the young man. I seriously doubt anyone would argue otherwise.

The public largely looks at these matters through an emotional frameset, with the event fully concluded and the position that the LEO and Court are 'the government'- a single entity- when in fact, they are very separate, by all measures.

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#8)
Sev

01-18-2020, 06:17 AM

BLM would say the cop acted precipitously because of race.
A white guy would not have been shot.

Just thought I would throw that in there for Kid.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#9)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.

01-18-2020, 07:17 AM

We have a local who is Phoenix's Jessie Jackson, I am sure old Rev. Jered Moffet is on the case holding hand, call legal begals, and laws dog to assist, he love these BLM cases.

Old
  (#10)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

01-19-2020, 12:59 PM

Ah yes, Barney Fife strikes again. Sounds like they were extremely eager and a little over the top, though that would be surprising.

Old
  (#11)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.

01-19-2020, 03:13 PM

Police made a split second decision, now the the people who will judge their actions have all the time in the they need.

Old
  (#12)
VonRhett
Friends Call Me "von"
VonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

01-19-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Police made a split second decision, now the the people who will judge their actions have all the time in the they need.
Exactly, CC.

In a nutshell:

ATF misidentified <DION> as KHALIL, an armed robbery and attempted murder suspect.

They used a harmless version of a flash-bang and DION runs away, which would further indicate he is the actual suspect.

2nd LEO vehicle blocks him, Dion continues to evade LEOs (again, indicating guilt) so they use a LESS THAN LETHAL baton round.

Now, the article referred to the baton round as NON-LETHAL but that's a misnomer. Rubber bullets and/or bean bags (both batons) can and have killed people. They are LTL, not NL.

Sounds like they hit him in the chest, which is the correct aim point. Now his heart is swollen and he's barely hanging on.

OK, fine. Misidentified Dion for Khalil.

Yo, Dion - WHY RUN FROM and EVADE THE COPS?????

He was NOT SHOT because he's black, but all kinds of infamous people, some with "Reverend" in their name, will soon claim that's exactly what happened.

Regardless of skin color, when you demonstrate guilt and run from LEOs, THEY MIGHT SHOOT YOUR ASS.

LEOs make life threatening decisions in the heat of the moment, but now a bunch of CIVIL REVIEW BOARDS will sit on their offices and second guess every decision these guys made.

DON'T FUKKIN RUN from cops, you stupid thug.

-von

- "Von"
Playing Cue: Paul Mottey, BOBBY HUNTER
Case: JACK JUSTIS
Other Cues: Bobby Hunter(s); JossWest(s); Mottey, Others

Where's Jimbo??
Hooyah!

Old
  (#13)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.

01-19-2020, 05:24 PM

Best way to deal with encounters with any law enforcement is respect, follow directions, and comply with lawful order. Most Cops have better thing to do then pick on people doing nothing.

Remember many nights in the 60's when we had curfew law in the city I grew up in being stopped on way home after hours.

Never had a problem as I was on way home from H/S School Game, Work, or Rollar Rink. It was not unusual for Cops to be looking for under 18 y/o kids out after 10P, just breaking curfew for no good reason.

Our City, and the ones around us were not infested with crime, so anything unusual stood out.

Today one of the worst job in Law Enforcement is Cops at local High Schools, just terrible problem in 2020. Drugs, Vaping, Gangs, Drug Dealing, and the list goes on.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: