Old
  (#16)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-17-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1712 View Post
Well I've PMed the question to both party's and haven't received a response. I understand fully that Mr. Potter has more pressing business but Dean's on all the time. Brian.
Decent chance it is a question those involved don't want to answer.

Not sure why though, the product is all the evidence needed to assess quality and by all accounts, they ain't crap.

LOOK! EVERYTHING'S SPINNING.

Old
  (#17)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-17-2020, 06:52 PM

As stated in one of our original post as i recall
Jack made the Libra cues with a machinest named Johnny Sanchezwho has
since passed away

Jacks idea and knowledge of playing characteristics has been a big help to
many newer cue makers who have sought advice over the years

Several of them have encouraged Jack to get back in the business and
have offered to be of hel to him with modern finishes ,machinery and different steps while
sticking to Jacks internal ideas etc.

As stated Jack plans to put out a few cues, inexpensive cues to demonstrate that
he can make a great playing cue,a dozen of you guys got the first dozen cues and reported that
he produces a great cue

Jacks plan is to see how you guys report back and then decide if he is willing to make
a large investment of time and machinery into making more.

So to be very specific,Jack is acting in the same capacity he did with the Libra cues, his is not a
hands on machinery operating function but one of supervisory,design and quality control,
This is what we mean when we said Jack made the cues,they are his designs,his creations,his specs
his responsibility,

But now he has actually married his pool cue knowledge with advanced production
and quality techniues. I think one thing you guys have seen is that the shafts were fabulous
and the cues play great,and this is our great concern

This is an expansion on one or more of my early post. It is more than is necessary,and if anyone
is unhappy with t the Zorro they have on order now, contact Dean for an immediate refund

We are confident that you will love your new cue,but if this controversy upsets you,call me for a
quick refund, Simply call and say I want my money back

I can guarantee you no hard feelings

Last edited by deanoc; 01-20-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Old
  (#18)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-17-2020, 06:53 PM

If Dean says Jack made them, why are you questioning it?

My cue plays good, no matter who made it.

Old
  (#19)
a1712
AzB Silver Member
a1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
If Dean says Jack made them, why are you questioning it?

My cue plays good, no matter who made it.
Can you please highlight the section were he says Jack is making them? Brian.

Old
  (#20)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
I can't tell .
Mine says Tascarella.
Got dang it, that's funny as hell. Sad but funny at the same time. I bet Dean will laugh at that.

Old
  (#21)
penguin
AzB Silver Member
penguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond reputepenguin has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 07:46 PM

Here is the important part for anyone who missed it in that wall of text
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
So to be very specific,Jack is acting in the same capacity he did with the Libra cues, his is not a
hands on machinery operating function but one of supervisory,design and quality control,

Old
  (#22)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 07:48 PM

no more orders,we are sold out and taking no more orders

Last edited by deanoc; 01-20-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Old
  (#23)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
tascarella jokes
will i never out live that

believe it or not i bought another tascarella and it is in the mail to me

has the same all black butt,but it is a merry widow

if i lose it,i will call it quits
Dean,

If it is an ebony Merry Widow, please don't confuse it with the Jackpot I have on order. I want a Jackpot. I want a cue that plays good.

Old
  (#24)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member

01-17-2020, 08:01 PM

i yield
now the hawaiian eye is enjoying my misfortune

az can be hard on a fella

Old
  (#25)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member

01-17-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
i yield
now the hawaiian eye is enjoying my misfortune

az can be hard on a fella
Dean,

I'm not enjoying your misfortune.

I'm hoping you get your Tasc back.

I'm just letting you know that, to me, the Jackpot cue plays as good as, if not better, than any Tascarella you or anybody else may have. So when you pack up my cue, make sure I'm getting the Jackpot.

It may not cost anywhere near the same, or be as fancy, but it hits as good as any high dollar big name cue.

Old
  (#26)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 08:06 PM

The guy building these doesn't know how to do some of the basics, like countersinking holes and facing parts off.

Jack should be sharing those "internal ideas etc" with his builder(s)

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#27)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-17-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:

He spent much time toying with ideas of construction ,design.taper technical stuff relating to how the cues play.. Jack didn't call the cues Libra becase he didn't have Johnny doing the hands on
If you posted the post below, and I bought a cue, then I read what you wrote above, you would lose my trust. Jack designed the cues and somebody else made them but you stated the he made them. You didn't say he designed or commissioned or consulted on them. You said he made them.

You refuse to disclose the builder. Under these circumstances, I honestly don't know why anybody would buy any cue from you.

You need to tell those cue owners who built them. They have 500 good reasons to know. I don't want to get on your case and generally I think you're honest, but you are a salesman and you have deceived your customers. Don't compound that by deceiving yourself or blame this sort of stuff on old age. It doesn't matter if they're happy with the cues and it doesn't matter if you'll refund them - it doesn't change the fact that you did not disclose the true builder of the cues and you should.
Attached Images

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 01-17-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Old
  (#28)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Could the Mystery Make/Builder be Eddie Wheat?
Oh man, are the Wheat Bucks available to spend?

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#29)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate

01-17-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
If you posted the post below, and I bought a cue, then I read what you wrote above, you would lose my trust. Jack designed the cues and somebody else made them but you stated the he made them. You didn't say he designed or commissioned or consulted on them. You said he made them.

You refuse to disclose the builder. Under these circumstances, I honestly don't know why anybody would buy any cue from you.

You need to tell those cue owners who built them. They have 500 good reasons to know. I don't want to get on your case and generally I think you're honest, but you are a salesman and you have deceived your customers. Don't compound that by deceiving yourself or blame this sort of stuff on old age. It doesn't matter if they're happy with the cues and it doesn't matter if you'll refund them - it doesn't change the fact that you did not disclose the true builder of the cues and you should.

Old
  (#30)
oldroller
AzB Silver Member
oldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond reputeoldroller has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2020, 08:45 PM

What childish BS buy a cue or don't ,,who cares it's not a lot of money for a cue people say they like

Page 2 of 32 12 3412 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: