How many people in this forum have their own table?

Do you have your own table for playing 14.1?

• Total voters

310Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am wondering cause to me, there is absolutely no way i am ever going to run balls with people all around me distracting me.

Just wondering who has their own table or access to a private table.

It would be interesting to know who's high runs were achieved in a pool hall on a public table, and who's high runs were done in the peace and quiet of their home or some friends house who happens to have a table.

As i played yesterday, i was in the back of the pool room for some privacy again, and right out of the gate, i got to 36 balls before a family got the table right next to me on the left hand side and they were all standing around having fun, and i missed as a result of not being able to focus.

2 attempts later, i got to 48, before some wide dude had rented the table directly on my right, and fired a ball into the rail when his fat ass swung around and was sticking in my face, just as i let go on the shot.

I got to 42 balls a few tries later and missed when some mentally ill/mentally impaired person (quite literally) rented the table behind me and came and decided to ask me questions about my chalk and where i could get chalk from, and after having told him that there was a box of chalk at the counter, he TOOK mine as i got down to shoot and walked off with it and i of course rifled the ball next ball into the rail and i had to go chase after him to get it back as it was my own piece of Blue Diamond.
So systematically, all the tables around me got rented out (typical) and i just said forget it it's not worth it, and i went up to the counter and switched to a front table, and at that point, i didn't care anymore and was going through the motions but not giving a crap.

Just curious that's all.

OR, you can have a table at home like me.. It's an 8ft table with super old Simonis-like cloth and 4.25inch pockets. The only thing is I've got 3 and half feet between the side rails and the wall on both sides of the table. So to play any game, I'm literally jacked up 45 degrees or using a 3ft. baby cue to get those shots off the rail. It's super distracting to have to do that. I've started to work my shots so that i'm mostly shooting from the head and foot of the table or come at a sharper angle from the sides to avoid the wall. Although my high run is only 28, 14.1 still remains one of my favorites. I feel like I play much better in a pool room as long as I don't have the same distractions you do. Nothing beats being able to shoot with your playing cue 100% of the time.

In the end, it's still better than having no table at all.

Attachments

• IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 130

BigRigTom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recently upgraded my pool table & room

This is what I like to call BigRigTom's Garage Pool Room.
I just replaced my 1974 Brunswick Pro 8 foot with this beautiful Global 9 footer!
I am grinning from ear to ear too!

2010_BigRigTom_Pool_Room.jpg

It plays great and I have a web cam set up at the foot so I can record play directly to my hard drive.
Unfortunately I have not had a lot of time to show it off on the web yet but that day is coming.
My friend Ken and I played a race to 150 this past Sunday.
I have started to up load those recordings to my YouTube.com account.
It will take time but I will try to get them all up eventually....
Ken won that match so I am not as anxious as I would be if I had won.:mad::cool:

Last edited: