As promised to the q-master military players

Jack Madden

John Madden Cues
Silver Member
To:

joninnorfolk (I know you are retired)
hotrod
empty pocket

I promised you a picture of this cue. Background: my friend plays very good, known as Hippie Dave in another life, served in Nam, received two purple heart medals from Uncle Sam - one for injuries in 1965 the other for 1966 injury, and due to these injuries is disabled (but not his pool game:wink: - we have some good wars on the table). He asked me to build him a cue with some inlay incorporating his purple heart medals. I built him a plain BEM forearm, silver ring work, leather wrap, and a butt sleeve with two identical inlay designs using purple heart wood as one of the design elements representing the medals he received. Here is the 1966 medal. The 1965 medal is the same with the year 1965. (one of my best childhood friends died in Nam in 1965)

PurpleHeartMedal.jpg

BTW, he has had the opportunity to see the cue --- he said he would be happy with whatever I built --- he has not yet seen the cue and will pick it up after he gets back from fishing;) And to all you in the military past and present ---- THANK YOU.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Wow, of all the tribute cues a cue maker could build, this cue is for a real hero. Not just Hippy Dave, but for all the Nam vets.

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bump for some beautiful craftmanship. Had a chance to hit some with Johns cue while he was stationed in Norfolk, fine hitting cue. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I salute Hippie Dave and you Jack. It's a marvelous cue. Thank you for sharing it with us. Where does Hippie Dave live?

JoeyA

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Awesome cue!! Last deployment I got to be a part of awarding several purple hearts. Very cool tribute!

Jim

tommie1351

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great

Jack that is an Awesome design. You should be proud as Iam sure the man who plays with it is! Proud to be your friend
TOMMIE

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jack...If I'm not mistaken, joninnorfolk has relocted to MT. When I last spoke with him (last summer), he was leaving the Navy last Feb. and moving to Livingston, 20 miles from where I lived, in Bozeman.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

To:

joninnorfolk (I know you are retired)
hotrod
empty pocket

I promised you a picture of this cue. Background: my friend plays very good, known as Hippie Dave in another life, served in Nam, received two purple heart medals from Uncle Sam - one for injuries in 1965 the other for 1966 injury, and due to these injuries is disabled (but not his pool game:wink: - we have some good wars on the table). He asked me to build him a cue with some inlay incorporating his purple heart medals. I built him a plain BEM forearm, silver ring work, leather wrap, and a butt sleeve with two identical inlay designs using purple heart wood as one of the design elements representing the medals he received. Here is the 1966 medal. The 1965 medal is the same with the year 1965. (one of my best childhood friends died in Nam in 1965)

View attachment 97945

BTW, he has had the opportunity to see the cue --- he said he would be happy with whatever I built --- he has not yet seen the cue and will pick it up after he gets back from fishing;) And to all you in the military past and present ---- THANK YOU.