Anyone using a tablet to record pool?

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just tested a wall-mounted cheap webcam connected by USB to my laptop, and it's recording my table fine, but I'd prefer a less bulky setup, so I am considering mounting a cheap tablet like this Amazon Fire. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GEVWOG6/ref=twister_B01M71HRMY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

If anyone has tried a tablet setup, I'd love to hear your thoughts on video quality, storage and battery issues, video format and editing and upload (to YouTube or Vimeo, etc.) issues I may be overlooking.

Thanks!

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy has great success using an iPad to broadcast live streams to Twitch.
There are a couple guys on there (wildcat gaming) who stream almost daily from their webcam and tablet.
My friend had to adjust all the online settings and upload
rate manually, in order to fine tune quality, but it works great! He uses an additional power bank to supplement
the battery life. Storage is whatever the server limit might be on whichever streaming service you're on, but micro sd cards come with huge capacity now.
Oh yeah- my friend uses a streaming App that's specifically for broadcasting live
to services like twitch and vimeo.

Last edited:

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Franky4Eyes. I don't plan to stream, but I do plan to record my practice sessions, so I'm curious about file format and storage capacity to look for in a tablet that might make things easier. Any other thoughts, anyone?

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use an I pad all the time, I knotched a scrap 2x4 to hold it and set it up on a bar stool

CueAndMe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use an I pad all the time, I knotched a scrap 2x4 to hold it and set it up on a bar stool

Cool. Does anyone know how much storage I'd need per hour of mp4 video from a tablet like this Kindle Fire? The storage is expandable up to 256 GB with micro SD.