Been think on this a long time. Who would like to see a Sub - Forum Dedicated too

Anyone like to se a One - Pocket Sub-Forum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
One Pocket. I love this game, it my favorite. Anyone else want to see a One - Pocket Sub - Forum? :cool:

Last edited:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would fall asleep in that forum.

Why do you guys like playing one pocket? Especially if the balls are on the other end.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Why do you guys like playing one pocket? Especially if the balls are on the other end.

I started playing one pocket because that is where you could get the biggest and easiest scores from a gambling perspective. I then fell in love with the interesting dichotomy between offense and defense that the game offers. That was when I was in my 30's now that I am in my 50's I am sure young players are looking at me and considering taking up one pocket. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

When I want to see hard core one pocket discussion I go to onepocket..org

Take Care and Stay Safe
-don

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I fall asleep playing it, so reading about it would put me in a long term comma, my testosterone levels are still too high to enjoy it.

But I don't see why there shouldn't be a sub-forum for it, it's popular enough. I feel there should be a sub-forum for just about every game type there is, why not?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

First off Hank I would say give the game a good try, it's challenging. It's similur to Chess, except on a Pool Table, it makes you think should I try a shot, or play safe, and leaving the opponent with no shot, or a vey hard shot.

I will admit the game can be slow, longest single game I played went over 90 minutes. The longer it went to more fun it was.

8 Ball, 9 Ball, 10 Balls game generally go fast. I also like Straight Pool or 14/1, but One Pocket is still my favorite.

We do not have many One Pocket Tournaments in the Valley where I live, most have entree fees over $50.00. I think there would be more people getting the "bug" if some of the Tournment were is the $10.00 - $15.00 range.

Like I said give it a chance. I have been watching a lot of One Pocket U-Tube, to me they are exciting.

Barton v/s Lou were very good.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love one pocket.
Most intricate pool game there is.
You need every bit of knowledge and stroke
to play the game if you are playing the game correctly.

I think it's popularity is hampered by all of the players
that only have access to 7 footers.
One pocket is meant strictly for big tables.
I'd love to play some one pocket on a 10 footer.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do we need a sub-forum for each game?? There's already one for 14.1. What's next?? LastPocket 8ball Forum? BankPool Forum?? I don't see the need and i like the game.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Go to onepocket.org

The site management has already said they don't want to make that sub-forum. If you go to that site you'll also stop wasting our time here so it's a win-win

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ideaologist has a point about one pocket...

Me peraonally, I'd like to seem the subforums moved around/condensed. I love Steve Mizerak, but the last post in that forum was over a year and half ago(by me), just makes navigating the forum more challenging than need be.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I fall asleep playing it, so reading about it would put me in a long term comma, my testosterone levels are still too high to enjoy it.

But I don't see why there shouldn't be a sub-forum for it, it's popular enough. I feel there should be a sub-forum for just about every game type there is, why not?

If you watch the recent Josh Filler vs. Tony Chohan match @ Roy's Basement on Facebook you may see it differently. This is offence at it's best.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike has already stated he isn't interested in a 1p sub forum and double what onepocket.org does.

He did not imply that his would be better or worse.

I get the sense it is out of mutual respect between Steve Booth and him.

Nothing prevents us from discussing it here though.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No need for a sub-forum- why not just discuss in the main forum?

If you don't like one pocket (usually I'm not into it), just don't read the post!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the answer

Mike has already stated he isn't interested in a 1p sub forum and double what onepocket.org does.

He did not imply that his would be better or worse.

I get the sense it is out of mutual respect between Steve Booth and him.

Nothing prevents us from discussing it here though.

My understanding from what Mike said many years ago is that Mike and Steve are friends. No interest in competing with Steve. We can talk about one pocket all we want on the main forum, should be good enough!

One of the most interesting one pocket matches I have ever seen was when Nick Varner and Gabe Owens got a wedge game going. I think they went fifteen minutes or longer with neither pocketing a ball. Those that didn't understand what they were seeing would probably rather watch paint dry on a cold day.

Pool itself suffers from being much more exciting to play than to watch. One Pocket suffers from the same issue, times ten! I like playing it, has to be two very good players to enjoy watching it.

Hu

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I voted no, because the subject of one-pocket is mainstream and has its place on the main forum. The effect of stratification for me would be less access to one pocket threads, a result I don't want.

Watching the rise of one pocket newbie Josh Filler as he tries his hand against some of the stars of the discipline is, in every sense, main forum material.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted no, because the subject of one-pocket is mainstream and has its place on the main forum. The effect of stratification for me would be less access to one pocket threads, a result I don't want.

Watching the rise of one pocket newbie Josh Filler as tries his hand against some of the stars of the discipline is, in every sense, main forum material.
Well said Stu, i agree.