Schmelke Cue

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This cue is as plain as it gets and I like it just that way. I've got no stroke anymore so I told David I wanted a light, light, light cue that I could swing easily. I used to always grab a 15 or 16 oz. cue when I went into a bar. For some reason it just suited me and I could adapt to it quickly.

This cue is only a little over 16 oz. and 57" long. That's a Triangle tip on it and the implex joint is a perfect smooth fit. It's a cue I can just pick up and play with and not have to try to figure out how to hit the ball.

Thank you David Schmelke for making my perfect cue! :thumbup2:

Attachments

• IMG_1681.JPG
    IMG_1681.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_1684.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_1685.JPG
    IMG_1685.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 465

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought 3 to restart my home "room" and liked them so much had him make me a custom - nothing fancy but great wood and workmanship and a great guy to deal with!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue is as plain as it gets and I like it just that way. I've got no stroke anymore so I told David I wanted a light, light, light cue that I could swing easily. I used to always grab a 15 or 16 oz. cue when I went into a bar. For some reason it just suited me and I could adapt to it quickly.

This cue is only a little over 16 oz. and 57" long. That's a Triangle tip on it and the implex joint is a perfect smooth fit. It's a cue I can just pick up and play with and not have to try to figure out how to hit the ball.

Nice plain Jane cue.
My cue has the same joint and it is also a smooth fit.
Yup you hit the jackpot with that one.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jay,

K.I.S.S isn't just for our pool game /thought process. K.I.S.S can and also be applied to pool equipment.

Congrats sir.

Jeff

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke is one of the VERY BEST options for a customized cue.

They will build a cue:

With pretty much any wood you want
Any length you want
Any weight you want
Any balance point you want
Etc....etc...etc

and all for not much more than most custom cue makers charge for a single shaft.

I will NEVER understand how they are able to get an order done on time. You would think they would have a list of people waiting for months if not years.

Jeff

Consumers want fancy.

Maybe when I first started playing I may want one of those and still do but I rather get a fancy cue for all the time I spent playing.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I like the 1 piece full splice house cues. They are nice.
Not a fan of the slight upcharge jackpot style. All hype.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s really light. I had a 17 ounce in college and thought it was a feather. Can’t imagine a 15 oz

Cadillac J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love my 60" even split, full-spliced Schmelke with 12.25mm pro taper on their traditional maple shaft w/ the half inch juma ferrule and Elkmaster tip.

The other night, I was on fire with this baby and it felt perfect. One of my more inexpensive cues, but one of my favorites.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love my 60" even split, full-spliced Schmelke with 12.25mm pro taper on their traditional maple shaft w/ the half inch juma ferrule and Elkmaster tip.

The other night, I was on fire with this baby and it felt perfect. One of my more inexpensive cues, but one of my favorites.
Pics????????????????