My experience with Hightower cues (Cueman) on AZB

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use mid-cue extensions. I dropped my cue and warped the pin on my ebony extension that I use on my predator butt and Revo shaft.

I called Hightower cues and he said he had an extension on hand but it was made of delrin and that I could try it and return it if I was not satisfied.

Well, I got it yesterday morning. It was boxed in a way that it was very, very safe no matter what was shipped. I can only imagine what steps they would take to protect something much more delicate and valuable. A big plus IMO.

The extension:

I paired it with my predator roadline5 and revo (radial). It screwed together just tight enough but not so tight I had to wrench it. It rolled perfect with zero tip-lift, I mean perfect. As for the craftsmanship, Cueman's work is top notch. Not my opinion, fact.

Material:

Delrin with g10 pin. Me being use to stiffer extensions made of ebony paired with the stiff revo I am use to very stiff hits. After hitting only a few balls I could easily tell the delrin extension was not going to be good for me. Someone that likes a soft hit would LOVE delrin. Again, it is the material NOT the quality of Cueman's work. Again, top notch.

Cueman himself:

He sent me a PM asking if all was good the day it came. That is good service after the sale, especially with lower cost items. Great customer service that really stands behind what they make and sell.

I told him my opinion and he immediately told me he would refund.

I would highly recommend Cueman (Chris Hightower) for anything billiards from cheaper extensions to super high end cues to, as most all know, machinery to do cue work on.

I know he did not "need" me to say anything as his work and ethics speaks for itself but I really like doing business with honest people that are also very skilled. Both are hard to find, especially at the same time.

Rake

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice post. Always good to hear things like this.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

fcee06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice

I had a similar experience many years ago when we purchased a lathe from him at the BCA tradeshow. Chris gave lots for free help and advice long after he sold us his machine. We had one little issue with the lathe and he quickly got us fixed up very quickly. He stood firmly by his product. I know there is a lot of bashing that can go on( rightfully so sometimes) so I wanted to also post something positive about those that provide a quality product and service.

Frank Cherry

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having used a Mid-Size lathe from Chris going on 4 years, I can echo the comments above. He's always taken time to answer what few questions I've had and his equipment is top notch. Keep up the good work Chris!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To everyone that responded so far:

I heard that Chris was a very respected cue maker and person in general before I ever called him the first time which was months and months ago.

A long time back, I called him and he actually had time to build an extension but I never pulled the trigger. Now he is busy so I guess I missed out.

I was/am just very impressed with the way he extended the offer of money back and then actually stood behind the offer.

Again, I wish I could get an extension by the man but we do not always get what we want.

The extension that I had was good as well. It was made by Blokid on here.

There are some folks that we have to watch out for but thank goodness there are still business men out there that are still good to their word.

Rake

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
cueman

I have never heard of anyone having any issues with Chris Hightower.

Been doing business with Chris for 10 to 11 years, and its always a pleasure.

Clearly a prince of a person.