wanted 3/8-16 1.5 oz weight bolt

LosOsosCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just like the title says. Im in need of just one 3/8-16 1.5 oz weight bolt asap. Thought I had what I needed but it was a 2 oz bolt instead.

Thanks
Dustin Cookson

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
So simply cut off 1/4 of the length of the 2 oz and the remaining bolt will weigh 1.5 oz.
You can use a hacksaw, a cutoff blade on your router, a dremel cutting disk, etc.
My 2 cents,
Gary

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So simply cut off 1/4 of the length of the 2 oz and the remaining bolt will weigh 1.5 oz.
You can use a hacksaw, a cutoff blade on your router, a dremel cutting disk, etc.
My 2 cents,
Gary

This is the same advice I would give except you will need to cut just a little over 1/2" if this is a weight bolt with a head on it. Once you cut it use your grinder or belt sander to clean and bevel the threads so it will thread in and out of a 3/8-16 nut without any resistance.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the same advice I would give except you will need to cut just a little over 1/2" if this is a weight bolt with a head on it. Once you cut it use your grinder or belt sander to clean and bevel the threads so it will thread in and out of a 3/8-16 nut without any resistance.

Proper way to do this is thread the nut on the weight bolt before cutting and chamfering. That way when you unscrew the nut, it straightens the threads.

LosOsosCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
found what I needed at the hardware store. I should have stated I did not want to cut the bolt in my first post.