SVB and Dennis score.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think DCC uses this break format(9b on the spot, break box,+3 point rule) sometimes? Probably why Dennis' camp agreed to the match. Helps negate Shane's big break.

Just checked, those are the 2021 DCC 9b rules.
https://derbycityclassic.com/the-rules/

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I think there was a scoring error, with Shane being credited (at least on the screen scoreboard) with one game too many for about the last half hour.

This looks correct to me.

I watched the end of the stream again this morning and when the score was 36-35 Dennis, Shane got out of line on the 3 ball. He had to jump and missed the 3, but then the score changed on the screen from 36-35 Dennis, to 36-36. Dennis went on to win that game to go up 37-35, but after the game the score on the screen still said 37-36.

Shane won two more games to finish with 38 on the scoreboard, when it should have been 37.

I think the score after day one should be 40-37 Dennis.

Attachments

• 9 Ball.jpg
    9 Ball.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Good Sam

Registered
The players are the ones keeping (controlling) the score board. There were numerous times early in the match when one or the other would forget to mark their win and someone would lean in and remind them.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think DCC uses this break format(9b on the spot, break box,+3 point rule) sometimes? Probably why Dennis' camp agreed to the match. Helps negate Shane's big break.

Just checked, those are the 2021 DCC 9b rules.
https://derbycityclassic.com/the-rules/

Yes, I believe they've only done it this way for a year or two at DCC. I'm surprised they are using the three point rule.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
The players are the ones keeping (controlling) the score board. There were numerous times early in the match when one or the other would forget to mark their win and someone would lean in and remind them.

I know, I watched the match and saw that happen a few times. That's not what happened when the score was 36-35 though. Shane had marked all of his games up to that point, and then in the middle of a game when the score was 36-35 Dennis, Shane apparently marked another game for himself that he shouldn't have, from what I can tell watching the video closely.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I know, I watched the match and saw that happen a few times. That's not what happened when the score was 36-35 though. Shane had marked all of his games up to that point, and then in the middle of a game when the score was 36-35 Dennis, Shane apparently marked another game for himself that he shouldn't have, from what I can tell watching the video closely.
Whenever your gambling, and moving the score ''beads/balls/markers" to AVOID Any confrontation.... I've always said ''comin' up one'' before I touched the scoring method, and looked my opponent in the eye to confirm my actions.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
That's a lot of times for Shane and Dennis to gaze into each others eyes in that long of a race.

Whenever your gambling, and moving the score ''beads/balls/markers" to AVOID Any confrontation.... I've always said ''comin' up one'' before I touched the scoring method, and looked my opponent in the eye to confirm my actions.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the practice stream, it looks like the score has been corrected to 40-37 Dennis.

Good catch by the members here..

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
That's a lot of times for Shane and Dennis to gaze into each others eyes in that long of a race.

So what your saying is, if your playing for lets say $10,000 of your money on the line, you wouldn't care who, what, when or where the score was changed?

Come on say something that's credible, HELPFUL.

That would be like a PGA golfer not marking his score each hole because it was only important at the end of play....make sense....not nonsense.

Or are you looking to argue with me on you point of view? NOT.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Shane is on a mission today. Up 48-42 now, breaking well, got the speed of the table down perfectly, has hit Dennis with a couple of 4-packs today.