can anyone id this pool table

antinul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friend of mine wants to sell this table, but we can't figure out what kind of table it is. The papers underneath are faded. Looked at every antique listed on brunswick's website and it doesn't appear to be any of those. Can anyone help id this table?

Attachments

• pooltable.jpg
    pooltable.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,464

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
It looks like a newer table. Can you take a better picture of the name plate.

JV

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Friend of mine wants to sell this table, but we can't figure out what kind of table it is. The papers underneath are faded. Looked at every antique listed on brunswick's website and it doesn't appear to be any of those. Can anyone help id this table?

Brunswick Royal Knight

DocB

Looks like Royal knight from around the 1998-2000 time frame. Where is the table? I know someone looking for a used furniture type table.

antinul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! I'd have to remeasure, but I think it's an 8' pro size. It's just a bit north of NYC.

jameslcarey

Registered
This table, as stated above, is the Brunswick Royal Knight. It is also the Brunswick Stanford. The Royal Knight has the six legs and the filigree between the legs. If you were to remove the two middle legs and the filigree, you have the Stanford. I have the Stanford and the holes for the legs and filigree are there, plus, the writing under the table says, " Stanford / Royal Knight." Hope that helps.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a coinsidence, I have that exact same laundry basket :)

I see whoever owns it fell for the "cool red cloth" scam that many home table owners fall for. Pool table is not a Ferrari, you don't need flashy color cloth on it to stand out and show off. Don't know why red is such a huge home table picked color.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I see whoever owns it fell for the "cool red cloth" scam that many home table owners fall for. Pool table is not a Ferrari, you don't need flashy color cloth on it to stand out and show off. Don't know why red is such a huge home table picked color.

I've been hounding my buddy for years to ditch the obnoxious red felt on his table. He told me recently he was getting new felt and wanted some recommendations. I went over there a few days later with my cues and was greeted with brand new Simonis 860, just like I told him he should get. Well, almost.... :crying:

He said his wife made him keep it red because it matches the couch. I told him to get a green couch. (Or at least a blue one).

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Dang, so do I for real. I have three of them

Attachments

• IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,048

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member

It's not a full picture but it appears to be a Sterlite stackable laundry basket. I've worked on a number of those over the years as they just don't perform like they really should. For a fee, I can convert that Sterlite basket to work like a blue label. I'll post pictures later.

I am much better at working on laundry baskets than your local laundry basket mechanic.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not a full picture but it appears to be a Sterlite stackable laundry basket. I've worked on a number of those over the years as they just don't perform like they really should. For a fee, I can convert that Sterlite basket to work like a blue label. I'll post pictures later.

I am much better at working on laundry baskets than your local laundry basket mechanic.

I believe that would make for a "Flopasized Laundry Basket (TM)"!

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
I'm sorry I derailed this, but that's some funny replies now LOL

Son, you don't know the first thing about laundry baskets. Mark Gregory and I revolutionized laundry baskets and anyone else on the planet is either screwing them up or just copying our ideas. Are other laundry basket mechanics stapling with the precision of a brain surgeon? No. I didn't think so.

So just add your name to the list and I'll get to your laundry basket when I get to it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Son, you don't know the first thing about laundry baskets. Mark Gregory and I revolutionized laundry baskets and anyone else on the planet is either screwing them up or just copying our ideas. Are other laundry basket mechanics stapling with the precision of a brain surgeon? No. I didn't think so.

So just add your name to the list and I'll get to your laundry basket when I get to it.

I've done laundry for a family with 4 kids, which is basically at least once a day for the 9 years we had 4. I KNOW my laundry baskets. And this one was made between 2006 and 2007 in Northern China, I can tell by how the plastic holes have a 2.1 mm lip on them. They did not switch to the 2.0 mm lip till 2008.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member

You must be "fakequeenrattlesnake". I've heard a lot about your work but your name wasn't
very high on the top 20 list of mechanics on Baskets Digest.

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
I've done laundry for a family with 4 kids, which is basically at least once a day for the 9 years we had 4. I KNOW my laundry baskets. And this one was made between 2006 and 2007 in Northern China, I can tell by how the plastic holes have a 2.1 mm lip on them. They did not switch to the 2.0 mm lip till 2008.

You don't know what you're talking about. I designed the lips on those baskets and they weren't done to spec even then. It was only when the blue label laundry baskets came out that they stacked right. You want to keep using them the wrong way then that's your problem, not mine. Or, you can pay me to get it done right. NO ONE does the kind of work on baskets I do. NO ONE.

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
You must be "fakequeenrattlesnake". I've heard a lot about your work but your name wasn't
very high on the top 20 list of mechanics on Baskets Digest.

I know the two guys at the top of that list of laundry basket mechanics and they can't even carry my stapler. My work speaks for itself.

...and when it doesn't I can't stop speaking about it.