Suggestions for new Forum Sections

MikeJanis

Banned

My suggestions are:

1. Press Release section

2. Tournament Tesults section

3. Online-Trade show section / Free Ads section for new products or the selling of products

I also saw a Political Section being requested.

Anybody else have some ?

I do not know what it takes to run a Forum so I have no idea what the cost or upgrade would be so Mike H these are only suggestions.

Ooops, should this go in the NPR section ?

I'm sooo confused..........:confused:

Mj

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:

My suggestions are:

1. Press Release section

2. Tournament Tesults section

I also saw a Political Section being requested.

Anybody else have some ?

I do not know what it takes to run a Forum so I have no idea what the cost or upgrade would be so Mike H these are only suggestions.

Mj
Not a bad idea,I like the idea of a political section,the tournament results could go in the tourney announcements IMO though,the press releases would be good also.I see a few sections on here that are pretty dead and could be removed and these put in place.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
A Politics/Religion subforum under NPR (the way they did with the Raffles subsection under Wanted/For Sale) is desperately needed IMO. There are relatively few people interested in the politics and religion debates but the few that are seem to post prolifically and take up a huge amount of space. It seems that the majority would rather not have to wade through it. I created a poll in NPR about whether or not we should have a Politics/Religion subsection for those that are interested in voting.

We already have a press release section. It is the front page of AzBilliards. All of the worthy press releases go there. Any tournament related press releases that are not approved for the front page should go in the Tournament Announcements section.

Tournament results should go in the main forum IMO. It is pool related and appeals to a wide audience. I think that the Tournament Announcements section could be utilized for posting the tournament results if the main forum is not deemed appropriate for some reason.

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:

There's no cost involved - forums like this are built to handle dozens (if not hundreds) of separate forums. It's just a matter of going into the admin section and clicking a few links, typing a bit, and boom, new forum.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:

Anybody else have some ?
There is a dedicated forum for straight pool, snooker, carom billiards and Canadian pool.

I'd like to suggest that we have a dedicated forum for 8-ball and for 9-ball. And perhaps for 1-pocket too.

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least one for Political postings as this would be good for those who like to discuss politics , and there are quite a lot of political discussions.

MikeJanis

Banned
PoolSharkAllen said:
There is a dedicated forum for straight pool, snooker, carom billiards and Canadian pool.

I'd like to suggest that we have a dedicated forum for 8-ball and for 9-ball. And perhaps for 1-pocket too.

BANK POOL, how on earth did you forget about that one. Get'em Freddie!

If we had all those sections I would love to see a Bank Pool section added to.

Mj

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
NEW Section for SUGGESTION Box to Mike Howerton

Please... Oh Please

Get a Suggestion Box and clean up the MAIN Forum for Pool related Posts ONLY.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
With all these ideas you have to improve a pool forum , seems you would want to start your own to show how it is really done.

Seems someone got spanked and is a little unhappy about t.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please!!!

Can we please have a truck section!!:p

Attachments

• CLINT5.jpg
    CLINT5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 118