Where's the best pool scene in Canada?

carvercarver

Registered
Any where between Toronto and Sarina Ontario. Pick a small town cheap living and then you can travel 1 to 2 hrs and be playing from T.O, to Port Huron MI. with a ton of different levels.

pool

Poolplayer
Silver Member
Well, so far Ottawa has been fairly disappointing as a pool scene. It's too bad since the town itself is quite beautiful and seems to have a lot of nice people. I have been to pool rooms all over town from Orange Monkey to McLaren's, to Tailgators to Cue and Cushion. Most rooms had equipment in pretty good shape, but there seem to be virtually no pool shooters. Oh sure, there are people out playing socially, but I haven't seen anyone that looks to be above what I would consider an APA 4 (and most well below). I have seen some league players, but they didn't seem very skilled...and even then they showed no interest in anything but their league. The only non-snooker player at Orange Monkey declined to shoot a few games because he was "just practicing." I didn't want to play for anything, so I was basically doing the same thing. I get more out of practicing with other players than in a solo session.

It's very strange to go so long without having anyone to play against. It's also very strange to just not see anyone who takes the game seriously at all these rooms. Ah well. Rant over.

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action

You mean there is no action in Ottawa.I wont be heading there then.If i were there i would gladdly have pool game with you,but i live in Edmonton
and we have a good pool scene here.Its to bad that a place like Ottawa would be dried.

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean there is no action in Ottawa.I wont be heading there then.If i were there i would gladdly have pool game with you,but i live in Edmonton
and we have a good pool scene here.Its to bad that a place like Ottawa would be dried.

I'm confused...where in Edmonton do you think the pool scene is good? I've played here for eons and never has the pool scene been worse than it is right now.

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Edmonton

O.K the pool scene isnt that great here neither,and I think that Calgary or Toronto might have a better pool scene then there is in Edmonton,but at lease be glad that you are not living in Ottawa where it is dead or sort of what i heard.Even then at least we have leagues and tournaments here,may not be the Canadians in Toronto or the Westerns in Calgary but we do have some action I 'll say that much.