Diamond Professional Frame Question

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Jacoby is coming over tomorrow to recover my table. He said to have the frame as level as possible, which is done. My question is: what is done with the lag bolts in the middle of the frame? I leveled them with all parts of the table. I.e.; leveled from one side of the frame to the bolt, then from the same bolt to the other side of the frame. Dave said to go ahead and set the slate when I had the frame level, but he and I didn't discuss what to do with the bolts. Thanks in advance!

42de6002-250f-3e36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are used to level the center of the slates....take them out and use shims for the center of the slate...drill a hole in the end of the shim and put a small screw through it and lock it in on the mdf backer board after you have it set for level....keeps it from backing out.

obe1

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Diamond delivered

Jeff....how about a update on your table....

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
And pics- didn't know David did tables. like to see if he's better with cues or simonis!

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It plays really awesome. The majority of my play is on a barbox, but I really wanted a quality 9' table to get into straight pool a little more, but ultimately just have a quality table to shoot on in general. I haven't shot on or seen a barbox since last Wednesday, so I'm excited for league tonight to see the transition from going from a 9' down to a 7'.

The current conditions aren't perfect, as there is a pole in a pretty bad spot in the basement. The two end rails, one side rail, and half of the other side rail are open. There are two poles very much in the way on half of the side rail. It's in a temporary location till I build a new house... hopefully in a year or two. I will say that having this beautiful and nice playing of a table is quite the motivation to move forward and find a lot and start the building process.

The set up went really well. I was surprised at how easy Dave and I were able to get everything level. He said it was a pleasure to work with such a quality table, as he had never set up a Diamond Professional. He was an awesome guy to have work on the table. You also get to hear some pretty good stories when you spend an afternoon with him.

I have a couple pics. The camera on my iPhone is kinda messed up since the back of the phone is shattered. I'll upload them in a little bit when I leave the office.

Last edited: