Road theme song when leaving your home room.

Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
an innocent bystander

Lawyers, Guns and Money
by Warren Zevon

I put this at the top of my list, and I'd say, it captures the moment pretty well.

The guitar solo is by Waddy Wachtel I believe.

I went home with a waitress the way I always do
How was I to know she was with the Russians, too?
I was gambling in Havana - I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns, and money
Dad, get me out of this
An innocent bystander
Somehow I got stuck between a rock and a hard place
And I'm down on my luck
Yes, I'm down on my luck
Well, I'm down on my luck
I'm hiding in Honduras - I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the guys I ever saw go on the road came back singing a lyric from "Me and Bobby McGee".

"Busted flat in Baton Rogue............"

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are CARS in the video:D? Lol if my home room looked like that I might not go on the road! :thumbup:

Hahaha! Yes but I had to watch the video a few times before I noticed them. There are a few nice ones in there. Love the gold caddy sittin' low on bags.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Ah yes, the old Sloopster.
I was in my teens, ready to spend a Summer's evening at Brunswick Recreation (better known as Joe's pool hall) on Boonville Street hill.
Joe's was long and narrow place with a wood floor, a high ceiling covered with stamped metal squares and peeling paint, two Snooker tables, and eight pocket billiard tables. The aroma of stale urine, emanating from the one restroom, would mix with the smell of wet cigars, and squashed cigarettes giving the thick hazy atmosphere it's own identity.
Joe, a balding ex-con, jingled and clattered as he went from one table to the next. He kept a rack hanging handily round his neck, and a carpenters apron full of nickles, dimes, and quarters for making change, at his waist.
"Rack 'em, Joe." Calls someone from the Snooker table up front. "Be there in a minute!" He bellows back. He likes it when he's busy. Time seems to go by a little faster for him.
It's hot back in the back where we play Eight Ball, and sometimes Rotation. The old fan that stands in the corner makes more noise than it moves hot air, but we're young and don't seem to notice it much. When you're young you hardly pay attention to anything, except maybe your car, or your girlfriend.
I walk over to Joe's little concession area and buy a cold bottle of Pepsi, and a nickle bag of peanuts. I take a couple of big long swigs from the bottle and then pour about a half a bag of those peanuts down the neck. I'll be nursing on that most of the night. At about eleven-thirty Joe's calls out, "Last rack." Blue-laws here in town means closing time is midnight.
We settle up with Joe, and with each other, and head out the door into the warm Summer night. The night air feels good. It feels like it's supposed to be this way. One of the guys asks if I want to go over to the all-night Pancake House and get some coffee. I tell him I can't. I promised my Mom I'd be home at a decent time. She worries when I'm out late. :smile: