Attachments

• IMG_0348.JPG
    IMG_0348.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,070

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Very cool.

I think there was also a deleted scene where Eddie is playing Fats, and he gets a bad roll. Eddie says, "Look at that ball roll!" Fats replies, "They're supposed to roll, Eddie, they're roooouuuunnnnd."

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost scenes form The Hustler

Thanks so much for sharing this! I just watched the movie Friday. I bought the DVD, which, it happens, has some additional content, including an explanation of the most interesting shots.

I read that there was a scene where Fast Eddie makes speech in the pool hall, and it was cut because it "didn't move the story." Paul Newman contended that that cost him the Oscar. I have been searching, but haven't been able to find it.

Among my great regrets are, having grown up in the Bronx in the '60's and '70's, not visiting the famous pool halls of New York.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool.

I think there was also a deleted scene where Eddie is playing Fats, and he gets a bad roll. Eddie says, "Look at that ball roll!" Fats replies, "They're supposed to roll, Eddie, they're roooouuuunnnnd."

Fattie said that to mosconi in the wide world of sports match.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I couldn't help but notice the good Doctor looks a little like a certain pool player also.

Attachments

• hqdefault (1).jpg
    hqdefault (1).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 671

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks so much for sharing this! I just watched the movie Friday. I bought the DVD, which, it happens, has some additional content, including an explanation of the most interesting shots.

I read that there was a scene where Fast Eddie makes speech in the pool hall, and it was cut because it "didn't move the story." Paul Newman contended that that cost him the Oscar. I have been searching, but haven't been able to find it.

Among my great regrets are, having grown up in the Bronx in the '60's and '70's, not visiting the famous pool halls of New York.

I did that for you,they were great.