New aramith balls

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All black balls actually seems like a good training aid. The edges will pop the next time you play with a normal set.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Predator develop a new set of balls (pool balls)? Did they ever get marketed?

Yes, but they were never marketed. They were made by Comos out of South Korea and were/are called Arcos. I've got a set of the prototypes:

40171476324_9c79c9cc3d_b.jpg

39985889765_8f07cb864c_b.jpg

40171467664_9517c6f73b_b.jpg

Cyclop is rumored to have taken over the Predator project and producing a ball set soon. We shall see.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, but they were never marketed. They were made by Csomos out of South Korea and were/are called Arcos. I've got a set of the prototypes:

40171476324_9c79c9cc3d_b.jpg

39985889765_8f07cb864c_b.jpg

40171467664_9517c6f73b_b.jpg

Cyclop is rumored to have taken over the Predator project and producing a ball set soon. We shall see.
The new Predator balls are being used at the Vegas Open this week. Also being used is Predator's new cloth. BTW, the description of the balls is almost exactly the same as that for Cyclop. I'm sure you're spot-on on their source. They look good on the stream. Real good old-school colors with the Pred logo on one side.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new Predator balls are being used at the Vegas Open this week. Also being used is Predator's new cloth. BTW, the description of the balls is almost exactly the same as that for Cyclop. I'm sure you're spot-on on their source. They look good on the stream. Real good old-school colors with the Pred logo on one side.

To my understanding, the Cyclop Predator set will/does feature traditional colors and a three dart design (12 o'clock, 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock) opposed to the 4 dart design on the Cosmos-made Arcos. Also the Cyclop cue ball features a measle design using black triangles instead of dots.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To my understanding, the Cyclop Predator set will/does feature traditional colors and a three dart design (12 o'clock, 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock) opposed to the 4 dart design on the Cosmos-made Arcos. Also the Cyclop cue ball features a measle design using black triangles instead of dots.
Watch the free stream and see for yourself.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve yet to see any set of pool balls referred to as “For Television” that I liked.
I love Centennials but the TV version isn’t my cup of tea, nor are any others.
The pink & brown colors of the pool balls in the photos leaves a lot to be desired.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I don’t. I haven’t met a product yet that supersedes items built in the the previous 20 Years. Not one. Why reinvent the wheel? Only one reason. The money. Pool tables, cues, cloth, cues, balls. I can be just fine and comfy with 15 years ago more.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

THATS IT!

i like the old school aramith crown,
and i dont need to pay 100`s more for something new every few yrs
, im not crushing the balls with tips that can damage them
they are classic looking which i like,

personally each new ball set gets uglier than the last imo
i played for the first time last night on cyclops which i hate the color, but i played well with them lol, even the strange opaque cue ball
still not worth the money, TO ME others feel different and thats totally kool

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well predator just posted this on their Instagram page so I guess the wait is over lol

Attachments

• C95CB4D8-14E9-4183-B573-8044BA62EFE2.jpg
    C95CB4D8-14E9-4183-B573-8044BA62EFE2.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 306

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another picture

Attachments

• 36AD0F9C-EF5D-42A4-91A3-9F9C0316206F.jpg
    36AD0F9C-EF5D-42A4-91A3-9F9C0316206F.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 301

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I shouldn't have had that gin after being in the sun all day, but wtf is up with this ball?:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 290

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching a tournament from last weekend csi covered and they are using the predator balls.