Challenge Matches

srs314

shooterville.com
Here is a write up on the latest challenge match in my area.

http://www.shooterville.com/fullstory.asp?item=665

Based on this exciting match I was wondering which Canadian players you would like to see match up with eachother. They don't have to be top players just two that could play even up.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas and maybe we can make some of them happen, so tell us the match and who you would bet on.

Keep it clean,

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a really good idea Scott.

I would like to see Jason VS Erik. Id probably put my money on Jason. Another good match that I think could be played even is Alex R VS Ryan James. Id say that one is a toss up, Alex might be a touch more consistant. What about Tyler N VS Burlington Justin?

champ2107

Banned
hows about john mora and edwin montal :) Not sure if u noticed my friend Vince Belanger he came third and was knocked out by john mora, Scott? i was playing some pool with him last nite and I am sure he would be up for a challenge and he wants to comedown to shooters on monday nite to play when he gets some time also.

Last edited:

srs314

shooterville.com
Dan,

I like Erik and Jason playing but I don't think Jason will be back anytime soon. This would be a battle of who I consider to currently be the best two players from Winnipeg however Felix could easily be in there too.

Ryan and Alex R would be a good one, I think they play about even, the great thing about players at that level is there is a lot of people they can choose from to play even with.

Tyler is always in action though he doesn't get many even up games, he plays a lot of the better players and gets a spot. Him and John Everekian squared off a couple months ago even and that was as close as they come.

Him and Erik have been playing with Erik giving him a couple games or so. I would like to get him into a big match at Shooters some day with someone he wants to play even.

Champ,

John and Edwin would be great, they actually haven't met up much in the tour events. I think it comes down to who is hot or cold at the time. When Edwin comes for the CCS event I will try to setup a challenge match between them.

I saw that your friend Vince Belanger came third, I don't think I know him or what level he plays at but I'm sure we could setup a fair game with someone. I would like to see him play.

Maybe what would be cool is an east vs. west team kind of thing.

p1noy

layin' low
Silver Member
Hey Scott and Dan,

The last time Alex R and I squared off, I think I got 3/4 or 3/3 cheap sets races to 9. I don't remember exactly but that was an off night for Alex. I might ask him to play a long set next time.

We were at shooters earlier and he asked if I wanted to play, too bad I had to leave early.. I'm looking forward to play with him again. He is a tough competitor, good sport win or lose and a true gentleman on and off the table.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott: Is Jason on the road? Back home? When I was there on Monday, Tyler was asking for 2 games to 9 from anyone but Johnny. I think he also may have played KC a quick set before the tournament started. I know that there have been talks about Rob Brandenburg playing Tyler but Rob wants to play even. I would do the same thing, ask for weight or dont play. Good strategy.

Ryan: Alex is a great guy, strong player too. You cant get any worse playing with some of the best players in the country.

I would like to find someone to play. I would like to get a few matches on barbox if I could. Either I am too short or the 9ft tables are just too big! Any 5's out there that I could match up and play even with? Input?

The Kurly One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
Scott: Is Jason on the road? Back home? When I was there on Monday, Tyler was asking for 2 games to 9 from anyone but Johnny. I think he also may have played KC a quick set before the tournament started. I know that there have been talks about Rob Brandenburg playing Tyler but Rob wants to play even. I would do the same thing, ask for weight or dont play. Good strategy.

Ryan: Alex is a great guy, strong player too. You cant get any worse playing with some of the best players in the country.

I would like to find someone to play. I would like to get a few matches on barbox if I could. Either I am too short or the 9ft tables are just too big! Any 5's out there that I could match up and play even with? Input?

Theres always my little box to knock them around on...

The Kurly One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, you must be thinking of someone else! Too bad you dont drink, if you did I might be able to do more than rack for you if we ever play!

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think both Ryan and Alex R are excellent player...and both of them can give me the 6 and out :grin: :grin:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to play someone using the handicapping system at shooters. Im a 6.

Anyone want to play?

johnnydub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
I would like to play someone using the handicapping system at shooters. Im a 6.

Anyone want to play?

Isn't Ryan a 6 or a 7? I think I played him at shooters on there tourny night, play a set with him, I would if i wasnt so far away

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hes a 6 in the 404 or 30k handicaps. I dunno what he is on Mondays.

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ryan E. and Alex R just finished a set ..race to 21 for $300 at shooters..it was a great match...hill-hill 21-20 to Alex...great match guys..looking forward to see the rematch next week again..:thumbup:

srs314

shooterville.com
The Beginner said:
Ryan E. and Alex R just finished a set ..race to 21 for $300 at shooters..it was a great match...hill-hill 21-20 to Alex...great match guys..looking forward to see the rematch next week again..:thumbup:

Wow, action at Shooters on a Saturday night. Wish I was there!

p1noy

layin' low
Silver Member
The Beginner said:

Yup I got my a$$ kicked tonight..hehe We might play again next week.

Dean, i'm a tie-7 Monday nights.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex is strong, I played him before and I think he had three break and runs in a row. Race to 21 is a long set, how long were you guys playing? Was it close the whole way?

p1noy

layin' low
Silver Member
D_Lewis said:
Alex is strong, I played him before and I think he had three break and runs in a row. Race to 21 is a long set, how long were you guys playing? Was it close the whole way?

He jumped to an early lead 10-5, then i caught up 10-10, started to play better i led 18-14, then 19-16, Alex slowly crawling back then he got to the hill first. I broke on the last game didn't make a ball then Alex ran 1-8, missed a tough 9 then left me a half decent long bank. I rattled the 9 and left it about a foot from the pocket. Damn I remember everything so clearly...it's like a nightmare..lol

I think we played for 3 1/2 hrs.

Last edited:

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We were not playing for anything like $300+ dollars. We were just playing for $20's. I'm not much of a gambler, I can play the game for hours on end by myself. I don't take gambling very seriously either because if you lose you can keep on playing, and never stop. In a tournament I only have 2 chances and thats it im done, so it really works my concentration.

A lot of people won't play for fun and take it seriously (or practice) without something on the line, like cash. I like to practice with someone else here and there but they usually don't take it very seriously, start goofing off and it completely throws me off. So I perfer to practice by myself.

Last edited: