schon on ebay

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talk about getting the shaft, and a green one at that.

Might be the predecessor of the predator black shaft

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seller says it's new.

Would Schon do this if someone asked and sent them the blank? Looks like typical Taiwan forearm.

I know, crazy to wonder.....but...

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
I asked John about getting a custom dyed green STL1 for a customer, this is not a quote, but he basically said "We don't do that, it's not our style". He said there are plenty of other places where you could get one, he didn't want Schons name on it.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a Shawn. As in some guy named Shawn made it in wood shop class.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked John about getting a custom dyed green STL1 for a customer, this is not a quote, but he basically said "We don't do that, it's not our style". He said there are plenty of other places where you could get one, he didn't want Schons name on it.

That's the kind of response I would expect.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only seen that insert on a Schon shaft. Did this person dissect an authentic shaft to fit it on that green shaft, to fit a joint that would accept a standard insert?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I've only seen that insert on a Schon shaft. Did this person dissect an authentic shaft to fit it on that green shaft, to fit a joint that would accept a standard insert?

This cue is a mystery for sure. I can't quite figure it out but the forearm looks like an import job, the buttcap looks real but shortened and beveled. The shaft is like nothing I've seen but the hardware (if it's 5/16X14) does look like a Schon. I can't figure out why someone would go to all this trouble to have a butchered cue?

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue is a mystery for sure. I can't quite figure it out but the forearm looks like an import job, the buttcap looks real but shortened and beveled. The shaft is like nothing I've seen but the hardward (if it's 5/16X14) does look like a Schon. I can't figure out why someone would go to all this trouble to have a butchered cue?

Given the seller's location, I think Schon made the cue, using a provided blank, as a personal favor. Just speculation, of course.

If Schon did make it, why "SP" and not "Unique?"

Maybe a former employee made it with some "borrowed" parts?

Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
I have confirmed it is real. I didn't believe it, but I know who owns it and my business partner has shot with it. My jaw dropped too.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have confirmed it is real. I didn't believe it, but I know who owns it and my business partner has shot with it. My jaw dropped too.

Wow.

I find that amazing.

As much as it is a truly ugly piece of work with mismatched design elements, it will certainly be collectible. I am very surprised the seller did not offer that information and perhaps documentation. Surely they would anticipate doubters, to be kind.

Wow.

I find that amazing.

As much as it is a truly ugly piece of work with mismatched design elements, it will certainly be collectible. I am very surprised the seller did not offer that information and perhaps documentation. Surely they would anticipate doubters, to be kind.

Maybe the seller worked as a secretary for Schon (I know, stupid thought), and is pretty clueless about pool cues. Just a guess. When I seen that forearm, it reminded me of Adams (maybe a blank made by Adam cue company in Japan). Just a guess.

Last edited: