Source for Moosehead Style Bridge Grommets?

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know of either a specific name for or a source for obtaining the rubber grommets used in moosehead bridges? I'm toying with the idea of making a few bridge heads, but I simply cannot locate these things. They're sized to fit in a 3/4" hole, and have a bit of an internal lip that makes them able to adapt to a variety of cue sizes. It looks like numerous manufacturers are using the same grommet, so I doubt they are a specialty item, but for the life of me I can't find a source for them. Any suggestions?

s-l400.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grainger, ACE hardware...etc.

The one I have from the eighties is just a common automotive part.

They are sold by dimensions. Should be very easy to source.

Last edited:

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grangers, ACE hardware...etc.

The one I have from the eighties is just a common automotive part.

They are sold by dimensions. Should be very easy to source.

That's what I assumed, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Almost all of the bridge heads I look at online use grommets that have the same tapered profile, with an internal lip that accepts more than one cue size. That leads me to believe they are all sourcing the same part. I just can't figure out what it's called.

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those suggesting to search for rubber grommet, thank you, but I have already searched extensively on numerous websites for this item, including:

minorrubber.com, McMaster-Carr, Grainger, and Lowe's.

None of them carries this grommet, at least as a standard offering.

It's definitely a type of grommet, but the fact that it has internal lips allows it to accommodate different tip sizes in a way that a standard grommet just isn't able to due to expansion.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those suggesting to search for rubber grommet, thank you, but I have already searched extensively on numerous websites for this item, including:

minorrubber.com, McMaster-Carr, Grainger, and Lowe's.

None of them carries this grommet, at least as a standard offering.

It's definitely a type of grommet, but the fact that it has internal lips allows it to accommodate different tip sizes in a way that a standard grommet just isn't able to due to expansion.

These bridges are like $3. Buy a few and take the grommets from them.

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather not buy ones that I'll end up not using, as it's wasteful, and I want to make several for friends. If they are selling for $1, that means the grommets should cost me less than that, at least if I buy a quantity.

65RDK5sb.jpg

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Don't look for cable grommets, think tubing or hose grommets.

1/2" diameter with interference rib should cost a few cents each in bulk.

Try Hyraflow.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I assumed, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Almost all of the bridge heads I look at online use grommets that have the same tapered profile,

Almost all.

Key word almost.

I said mine was from the 1980's and that it used a standard part. It is just a plain cable grommet. So yes, it appears to be the case.:wink:

They are sold based on dimensions. As I said.

BankT8Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost all.

Key word almost.

I said mine was from the 1980's and that it used a standard part. It is just a plain cable grommet. So yes, it appears to be the case.:wink:

They are sold based on dimensions. As I said.

Hey Chopdoc,

I remember these from my Muscle car days.
MrGasket sold these. From valve covers to
spark plug wire holders etc.
Very easy to find on the internet.
Just type in rubber grommet.
Or if you like rubber cable grommets
With the s or without on grommet.
Ebay also has them.
Here's and example from the internet.
It also shows you how to measure for what you need.

https://www.cableorganizer.com/grommet/

Mike