Earl Strickland vs. Darren Appleton May 6th, 7th and 8th

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get your Early Bird Special
Here we go!! The match is set, the dates are set and it is time break in the all new 4-pocket table the right way!

EARLY BIRD STREAM REGISTRATION SPECIAL JUST $25 for ALL 3 DAYS @ www.KingsofBilliards.com RIGHT NOW! (expires 4/13/16 @ 11:59 PM EST)

Earl Strickland vs Darren Appleton May 6th, 7th and 8th starting at 5:30 PM each day. They are playing 10-ball, race to 9, best of 10 sets with a guaranteed $10,000 to the winner!

The event can be seen live at Kings of Billiards and will be streamed each night as well from www.KingsofBilliards.com! The stream is $15 per night or $30 for the entire match get registered at www.KingsofBilliards.com

ed1.jpg

ed2.jpg

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Best of ten sets?

Get your Early Bird Special
Here we go!! The match is set, the dates are set and it is time break in the all new 4-pocket table the right way!

EARLY BIRD STREAM REGISTRATION SPECIAL JUST $25 for ALL 3 DAYS @ www.KingsofBilliards.com RIGHT NOW! (expires 4/13/16 @ 11:59 PM EST)

Earl Strickland vs Darren Appleton May 6th, 7th and 8th starting at 5:30 PM each day. They are playing 10-ball, race to 9, best of 10 sets with a guaranteed $10,000 to the winner!

The event can be seen live at Kings of Billiards and will be streamed each night as well from www.KingsofBilliards.com! The stream is $15 per night or $30 for the entire match get registered at www.KingsofBilliards.com

Maybe it's my old brain, but I've never heard of a "best of" race to an even number.
???

vacation

Living Good.
Silver Member
I will be on the road some of that weekend and won't be able to watch live- will the videos be available to watch post-match if I pay for the stream?

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing to 6 sets as a best of 10 going to 9 doesn't seem like 3 night's worth of pool. Maybe 8 hrs pool total?

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing to 6 sets as a best of 10 going to 9 doesn't seem like 3 night's worth of pool. Maybe 8 hrs pool total?

Seems to me as the table will slow down the pace of the game quite a bit. Doubtful there will be many break and runs and defensive game could be interesting.

Maybe playing 3 sets each of the first two nights and then the remainder needed on the third night?

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so what happens at 5-5 :shocked2:
tie breaker :shrug: handshake and till next time? :eek:k:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Seems to me as the table will slow down the pace of the game quite a bit. Doubtful there will be many break and runs and defensive game could be interesting.

Maybe playing 3 sets each of the first two nights and then the remainder needed on the third night?

I've played this way - using only corners and it really didnt have much effect

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If the Match goes 5 to 5 ...there will be a final race to 11 or 13..race to be determined by the players.

We are 10 Days away from the Match​

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Kings of Billiards is the home of the only 4 pocket Diamond table and sponsors

Earl Strickland

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
vacation you can get in touch with The Kings of Billiards they will be in charge of any archived video's Thanks for your interest !​

the Professor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Kings of Billiards is the home of the only 4 pocket Diamond table and sponsors

Earl Strickland

The only way this could get better is if they make Darren use all of the same equipment that Earl does. I'm talking arm weights, EarMuffs, long cue etc…...

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been waiting for this 4 pocket table for a long time after hearing Earl Strickland repeating many of times from Steinway Billiards that he'll beat anyone on a 4 pocket 10 ft. table ! I think he's going to have a hard time with Darren Appleton

just check out what Darren did to Thorsten here in Chinese 8 Ball !

https://youtu.be/DdPF6IloW5w

perfection.