Cheap, good shaft 3/8 x 10 ??

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What would be the best choice for a good hitting (for the money) cheap 3/8 x 10 shaft?

Body of mine damaged Schmelke shaft and would like something else on his Schmelke cue.

What is your recommendation?

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
What would be the best choice for a good hitting (for the money) cheap 3/8 x 10 shaft?

Body of mine damaged Schmelke shaft and would like something else on his Schmelke cue.

Another schmelke shaft would be my choice

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It needs to be the same diameter at the joint so unless there was something he didn't like about the original shaft I'd opt for another Schmelke.

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I snagged a Players 3/8 x 10 shaft with a plain black collar a while ago from the auction site for like $50 new. It is a conical taper with 11 mm tip. Really small tip, but I wanted to try it on the snooker table. The grain is uniform, and it is straight. It turns out I like it quite a bit. They (Nielsen's- joerackem on the bay) have a 12.75 diameter available with a pro taper as well. I think this is the best value you can find in a "cheap" shaft.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member

If it's 3/8x10 - McDermott sells your poison.
I defy anyone to do better.

Lesh

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

LD or standard? For a budget LD, Players HXT all day long for me.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
I am just in the process of buying a LD shaft for my 3/8 x 10 Schmelke BUT.....the joint diameter measures .872! Most all the aftermarket shafts are .840 - .842. So after talking with some builders, that would be a bad choice, look bad but more importantly a lower transfer of energy. Most had never seen a joint diameter that big.
Not sure why the Schmelke is so big but bummer for me, I love that butt but now will start using a different cue I guess.
Not sure if mine is oddball or what.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I am just in the process of buying a LD shaft for my 3/8 x 10 Schmelke BUT.....the joint diameter measures .872! Most all the aftermarket shafts are .840 - .842. So after talking with some builders, that would be a bad choice, look bad but more importantly a lower transfer of energy. Most had never seen a joint diameter that big.
Not sure why the Schmelke is so big but bummer for me, I love that butt but now will start using a different cue I guess.
Not sure if mine is oddball or what.

One of my cues is a Schmelke, and the OB fits very nice on it. 3/8 - 10 pin. You might have an oddball ;)

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Schmelke and have them build you a shaft to that diameter. I have a bunch of their cues and all of them play well. I have 2 of their flat laminated shafts with low deflection XTC ferrules and I love them.

Clawdog815

I have a OB pro+ and a SS360/p, about 4 games played with each shaft. Asking for $150 for either one.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums mobile app