New Bullet Proof "Clear" Break Tips Are The Bomb!

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know if the Bulletproof, Kamakazi, and Hammerhead are all the same? Does it make a difference which one you buy, or do they all perform the same?

MalibuMike

Banned
Bulletproof Tips are the only tips made from Bulletproof Glass, &others are knockoffs

Does anybody know if the Bulletproof, Kamakazi, and Hammerhead are all the same? Does it make a difference which one you buy, or do they all perform the same?

Bar Box Money Game King Alex Pagulayan Sky Woodward

Alex will be playing Sky Woodward using a Bulletproof Break Tip and my money was on Alex, but now Sky is using BulletProof Break Tips too! These things are insane!!!!!!!!!!
Better than Toam, Icebreaker, or any of these Phenolic Tips and more control than a hard leather Samsara!
Bulletproofbreaktips.com
https://youtu.be/9ymPT7K8efU
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264428053281

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The website says they're made of "a scientifically engineered hyper-reactive polymer". Anybody know what that is in humanspeak?

Anything like the Lexan "vegan" tip that was posted about recently?

pj
chgo

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey. What kind of glue do you use. We cant get one to stay on.

LOCTITE ULTRA CONTROL GEL- I USE ON ALL TIPS-Works great-
just follow the instructions-
LET THE GLUE DRY AT LEAST 5 MINUTES ;)
Make sure you're sanding the tip with at least 400 grit sandpaper too prior to gluing on the cue

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOCTITE ULTRA CONTROL GEL- I USE ON ALL TIPS-Works great-
just follow the instructions-
LET THE GLUE DRY AT LEAST 5 MINUTES ;)
Make sure you're sanding the tip with at least 400 grit sandpaper too prior to gluing on the cue
Thanks. My guy was using loctite gel and its popped off twice after just a few breaks. 120 grit paper. Lucky he has a table in his shop i was trying it out on. Even let it dry over night yesterday. Gonna try 2 part epoxy next. That why i was wondering if anybody else had problems...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Thanks. My guy was using loctite gel and its popped off twice after just a few breaks. 120 grit paper. Lucky he has a table in his shop i was trying it out on. Even let it dry over night yesterday. Gonna try 2 part epoxy next. That why i was wondering if anybody else had problems...
Could try a new tube of Loctite... CA gets old pretty fast.

pj
chgo

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

120 grit is too coarse. 220 is a better choice.

Most importantly, the surfaces need to be flat.

I’ve used the Loctire Ultra gel control. It’s good. However even better is DAP a rapid Fuse. For all CA glue, throw it away after it’s been open for a week or 2. If you’re doing tips regularly, but not a bunch per day, you’re way better off with the little 3g tubes. DAP 2 pack of 3g tubes is like 5 bucks or less as Lowes.

I used to have problems with the most difficult tips popping off on rare occasion. Now I no longer do.

Hope it helps,

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Have you thought the ferrule could be loose.
Maybe it's a slip on ferrule where the wood tenon is popping the tip off.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you thought the ferrule could be loose.
Maybe it's a slip on ferrule where the wood tenon is popping the tip off.

Yea, it is a slip on has the wood tenon. and we thought of that this morning after it popped again this morning. Hes looked at it and cant see that its loose. I've had the break cue for a few years now with a leather tip and no problems. Thanks for the responses. I guess a new ferrule is next...