$10,000 One Pocket Challenge: Lou Figueroa vs John Barton

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
JB had a coach the first day.

When I figured it out I spoke to Ed, the room owner, and told him that that guy -- a room regular and an open level player -- couldn't be anywhere near JB the second day and he took care of it. I don't care who you are, coaching at 1pocket is verboten and considered cheating because so much of the game is the knowledge.

#####

#####

Lou Figueroa

There was no coach. I have explained this a dozen times.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Of course there was a coach. People watching, even a guest in the booth pointed out you were being coached. For awhile you hid the coach behind a column too. All your big brave stepping up and playing is BS because you cooked the books from the first shot. That and the well known tendency to play down to the level of the person you are playing with, something Lou was guilty of, are the only reason you weren't blown out the first day. No coach the second day and your goose was cooked!

At one point when you were typing about it you said there was no agreement not to have coaches and Lou could have had one too. I suppose there was no agreement not to have a coach, or have Efren shoot every other shot for you, or any of dozens of other things. It is generally understood that you will be playing the game by yourself except in the rare exception of gambling matches where it is agreed beforehand that one or both will have a coach or one or both will use someone else to break for them.

As I already said, the problem was a coach could only advise according to what the table looked like. After you botched the first shot of your turn at the table the coaching did no good.

Since I am bothering to respond to you I'll remind you that I told you that you were a go off artist and I could take every dime you were willing to play for with a toothpick when you thought you wanted to play me. Recent events have sure proven the truth of what I said years ago!

Hu

There was no coach. I didn't hide anyone anywhere.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Was this the shot that you needed one ball, and you broke up the two balls on the spot? If it was, I remember saying in the booth, "wait, he's on the 1 hole," meaning there wasn't a good reason in my mind to break those balls up since you didn't need them (other than you couldn't see another ball straight, but a ball was a fairly easy kick off the side rail... I believe the 4-ball).

Or was it some other shot?

Freddie <~~~ all from memory, so it could all be some other match

Yes that was the shot. The shot lou called s bonafide top level shot. I didn't know he only said it because he thought i had been coached into it.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
And this match would never have happened if lot didn't get a surprise backer who hated me.

John,

If you don't mind, who was the backer and why did he come after you? Refresh my memory.

Chris

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou didn't do shit.

For all my craziness i can play a little.

I am not afraid of Lou's game.

Lou might be slightly better but only because i don't train. If i put in half the time practicing that he did it wouldn't be close. That i am sure of.

Hell, i beat him when I literally could not spell one pocket. Now maybe he was setting me up for a future 10k match ten years into the future but i doubt it. Anyway, that's the fact of it.

Sucker, fish, chump, loser.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes that was the shot. The shot lou called s bonafide top level shot. I didn't know he only said it because he thought i had been coached into it.

No.

I said it was a sophisticated shot but the wrong shot in that situation.

It only made me wonder what was going on and drew my attention to the coaching situation, because even if it was the wrong shot in that situation, it was way above your pay grade. Once I tuned in, I saw Dennis Spears whispering in your ear.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John,

If you don't mind, who was the backer and why did he come after you? Refresh my memory.

Chris

Michael Lalumiere. Because i wouldn't back down from his attacks i guess, from my perspective anyway.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No.

I said it was a sophisticated shot but the wrong shot in that situation.

It only made me wonder what was going on and drew my attention to the coaching situation, because even if it was the wrong shot in that situation, it was way above your pay grade. Once I tuned in, I saw Dennis Spears whispering in your ear.

Lou Figueroa

Thanks not what you said. You said almost exactly what i said you did.

Dennis was not whispering in my ear and he absolutely did not tell me to shoot that shot. In fact Dennis would have berated me if i had shot that shot against him.

Dennis is a player way above your pay grade. It is simply beyond silly that you would see me play a shot that was later universally derided and decide that it was the wrong shot but nonetheless a great shot and conclude that a player of Dennis' caliber had anything to do with me playing it. That you can't see the lack of logic is astounding.

The sad part is that i genuinely felt good that you thought it was a good shot. Even though you were wrong that i was coached into it i really thought i did something good. Later when Billy Incardona picked it as such a horrible shot did i finally understand how bad it was.

And now i understand how little you actually know about one pocket.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for both John and Lou:

What would you say is your best game? What would you say is your worst? (For pool, not counting snooker or carom).

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
And for the record the shot was a reverse of the standard one pocket shot of trolling softly to freeze to the head ball and take a foul. I thought that if i rolled up to the balls on the string from the foot rail then i would make it tough to get the cueball safe. I was wrong and you escaped easily and i lost despite being on 7 first. That you think a guy like Dennis was coaching me and you had any chance to win from that position is ridiculous. Go back and view that game and if anyone else thinks i was playing one pocket getting coached by a pro speed player they should want that player coaching me always and be willing to pay him to be my coach.

No really, i have watched that game a lot and you're completely clueless if you think that i played good or even orthodox one pocket in that game. Truth is you're just not as smart as you think you are.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question for both John and Lou:

What would you say is your best game? What would you say is your worst? (For pool, not counting snooker or carom).

I would say "Barking on the internet" is probably their best game. :)

Don't confuse that with "Banking with the Beard".

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say "Barking on the internet" is probably their best game. :)

Don't confuse that with "Banking with the Beard".

Or Bowling for Dollars.

1d4fd2b7-5557-4e10-a3fb-50dcdaa95160-TELEVISION_PROGRAMS_BOWLING_FOR_DOLLARS_2.jpg

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Michael Lalumiere. Because i wouldn't back down from his attacks i guess, from my perspective anyway.

Would it bother you if I tell the story about your phone call from China? I think that did it.