Not necessarily the Sunday Funnies

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My first room..early 70's...I was the working partner.

Opened the room at 9:am..many retired guys would be my first customers.
I loved listening to their stories so the first 400 pots of coffee..on the house.

One of the sharpest was a 75 year old named Paul Lachappelle.He walked
with a cane but when he cashed a winning ticket at the race track, the cane would go over his shoulder as he STRODE to the cashier.We used
to stake him at gin rummy when his horses were a little slow.

So they started arguing one day about who was the fastest horse.
Paul said the fastest critter he ever saw was a jack rabbit.He said there
was a stretch of road after a hill and before it curved that was exactly one mile.They all knew it was a mile 'cause there were 40 telephone poles.
The jack rabbit was timed in 1.34 flat..and that beat any race horse alive.

"Mind you", he said, "that stretch wasn't always that long.....
...we had to add four telephone poles to make it a full mile."

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
pt, that was one great story, but I can't say as I see a grain of truth in it. Here's one that I've told before, but there's enough newbies here to make it worth tellin' again, and if it ain't true it ought to be.

Many years ago, while in the service of my country, I lived aboard on old WWII vintage LST, tied up at one the piers in Little Creek, Virginia and during my off time would frequent a nearby poolroom in one of the strip centers just outside the main gate. The owners name was Bob and he was a retired Marine First Sargeant and since I had been coming there for the better part of a year we had become friends and were on a first name basis.
One night, just before closing time, Bob comes over to where I'm practicing One Pocket breaks and just stands there for a couple of minutes watching.
I look over at him and say. "Hey, Bob. What's happening?"
"Not much." He says.
"Got somethin' on your mind?" I ask.
"Well, yeah Mike, I do." Bob says. Scratching his chin. "I was wondering if you could do me a favor?
"Absolutely." I said. "Name it."
Bob scratched his chin a little bit more and said. "I don't think I ever told you this but I have a daughter about your age and, well, she doesn't date much and I was wondering if you might take her out on a date. It would mean a lot to me if you did. I would lend you my van and pay for everything. What do you say?"
Bob was just too nice of a guy to say no to so I agreed. As long as he was paying, I thought, how bad could it be.
That next Saturday night I show up at Bob's house. He let's me in and I sit down on the couch and wait for his daughter to finish getting ready.
It is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Her hair is long, and golden. Her skin is soft and white with a hint of blush on her flawless cheeks and her eyes are as blue as a morning sky in Summer. I was speechless.
Bob introduced us. Her name was Sarah and she had just graduated from high school this past spring. I told her I was in the Navy but was unsure as to what I wanted to do after my enlistment was up. We left shortly after that and started what would become one of the best Summers of my entire life.
Sarah and I had been dating for the better part of three months when one night as we were setting out in her back yard, talking and listening to music on a portable radio, she asked me to do something very special for her.
Like I said, we had dated for a while now, and sometimes late in the evenings we had held hands and kissed, but to night was much different. Tonight had become more passionate. More intense. She put her lips to my ear and asked if we could make love.
Although shocked, I to was excited, and asked her how. She suggested that I help her grab onto a low hanging limb. I couldn't help myself and did as she instructed.
No sooner had we finished making love and I had gotten her down from the tree the porch light came on.
I could see Bob's outline in the shadow of the light and he called for me to come to the back door. I was scared to death.
When I got to the porch he said. "I saw what you did."
"You saw us?" I said. "Bob, I don't know what..."
"I saw what you did." He repeated. "And I just wanted to say thanks."
I was dumbfounded. "Thanks for what?" I said.
"Thanks for helping her down. Most of the guys just leave her hanging in the tree.

This tale originally had the lovely Sarah confined to a wheelchair, but a couple of members (out of 40 some thousand) was incensed by that fact. I guess in their world everything has been so sanitized that the reality of that world no longer offends them. Well, hey, I'm a stand up guy. I'll do all I can to help them out. I'll just take a hilarious story, cut the shit out of it to where it is meaningless and call it good. Feel better, Jeff? How about you, Dave?

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Good story Tramp

I was hoping to draw you out....I liked this one all over again.
..though you got some weird tastes in broads.
Don't be a stranger..gonna post another one in a while.
So try and keep up.

regards
pt..<..who wishes he was on the same side of the waves as Tramp Steamer.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Thanks for the laughs, both of you guys! :thumbup::thumbup:

Best,
Brian kc <---who's had a couple of greyhounds he thinks may have been faster (no, not vs. the girl)

Last edited:

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pt, that was one great story, but I can't say as I see a grain of truth in it. Here's one that I've told before, but there's enough newbies here to make it worth tellin' again, and if it ain't true it ought to be.

Many years ago, while in the service of my country, I lived aboard on old WWII vintage LST, tied up at one the piers in Little Creek, Virginia and during my off time would frequent a nearby poolroom in one of the strip centers just outside the main gate. The owners name was Bob and he was a retired Marine First Sargeant and since I had been coming there for the better part of a year we had become friends and were on a first name basis.
One night, just before closing time, Bob comes over to where I'm practicing One Pocket breaks and just stands there for a couple of minutes watching.
I look over at him and say. "Hey, Bob. What's happening?"
"Not much." He says.
"Got somethin' on your mind?" I ask.
"Well, yeah Mike, I do." Bob says. Scratching his chin. "I was wondering if you could do me a favor?
"Absolutely." I said. "Name it."
Bob scratched his chin a little bit more and said. "I don't think I ever told you this but I have a daughter about your age and, well, she doesn't date much on account of her being in this wheelchair and all, and I was wondering if you might take her out on a date. It would mean a lot to me if you did. I would lend you my van and pay for everything. What do you say?"
Bob was just too nice of a guy to say no to so I agreed. As long as he was paying, I thought, how bad could it be.
That next Saturday night I show up at Bob's house. He let's me in and I sit down on the couch and wait for his daughter to finish getting ready.
It isn't long before Bob pushes a wheelchair into the livingroom and sitting in it is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Her hair is long, and golden. Her skin is soft and white with a hint of blush on her flawless cheeks and her eyes are as blue as a morning sky in Summer. I was speechless.
Bob introduced us. Her name was Sarah and she had just graduated from high school this past spring. I told her I was in the Navy but was unsure as to what I wanted to do after my enlistment was up. We left shortly after that and started what would become one of the best Summers of my entire life.
Sarah and I had been dating for the better part of three months when one night as we were setting out in her back yard, talking and listening to music on a portable radio, she asked me to do something very special for her.
Like I said, we had dated for a while now, and sometimes late in the evenings we had held hands and kissed, but to night was much different. Tonight had become more passionate. More intense. As we sat, she in her wheelchair and I in my patio chair, she put her lips to my ear and asked if we could make love.
Although shocked, I to was excited, and asked her how. She suggested that I push her over beneath a nearby tree and help her out of her chair where she could grab onto a low hanging limb. I couldn't help myself and did as she instructed.
No sooner had we finished making love and I had gotten her down from the tree and settled back into her wheelchair, the porch light came on.
I could see Bob's outline in the shadow of the light and he called for me to come to the back door. I was scared to death.
When I got to the porch he said. "I saw what you did."
"You saw us?" I said. "Bob, I don't know what..."
"I saw what you did." He repeated. "And I just wanted to say thanks."
I was dumbfounded. "Thanks for what?" I said.
"Thanks for putting her back in the wheelchair. Most of the guys just leave her hanging in the tree."

Now that's a Sunday Funny. :)

I guess I might have thought that that was funny at one time in my life.

Dave Nelson

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Tip of the day

If you are ever attacked by street performers....
..always go for the juggler.

pt..<..misses the Tramp

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have all heard of the man who hated birds who, when he walked on the beach left no tern unstoned, but did you know that he had a brother who was a painter in a boat yard where he left no stern untoned?

Dave Nelson

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
There was a fellow who was having an affair with one of the girls in his office. Her name was Shirley.

His wifes name was Lorraine. One Sunday afternoon, he was out walking by a river with his wife. His wife got a little close to the rivers edge, fell in and got washed away.

His first thought was, Great, I can see Shirley now, Lorraine is gone.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This one IS a true story. Back when I was in the Navy, we visited Portugal. Turns out most of the girls there are prostitutes. Just a way for them to make some money. We are sitting in the Texas Bar, and a friend of mine sees a girl that is very spastic. Not just her head or hands move, but her whole body is constantly jerking around. Her arms are constantly flailing like she is being attacked by a swarm of bees.

A few of my buddies hooked up with some girls and left. Eventually, the guy I was with goes over to the spastic girl, talks to her for a while, and they leave together. Next day, we ask him why he chose her out of all the girls there. His reply- "I knew she wouldn't just lay there." We all just stared at him like a deer caught in the headlights. I guess he did have a point there.

Another reason she's handy to have around....
...when she takes a bath you can throw your clothes in...
...and get your laundry done as well.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are times when AZ can be considered up there with "The Greatest Show on Earth"!:thumbup:

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first room..early 70's...I was the working partner.

Opened the room at 9:am..many retired guys would be my first customers.
I loved listening to their stories so the first 400 pots of coffee..on the house.

One of the sharpest was a 75 year old named Paul Lachappelle.He walked
with a cane but when he cashed a winning ticket at the race track, the cane would go over his shoulder as he STRODE to the cashier.We used
to stake him at gin rummy when his horses were a little slow.

So they started arguing one day about who was the fastest horse.
Paul said the fastest critter he ever saw was a jack rabbit.He said there
was a stretch of road after a hill and before it curved that was exactly one mile.They all knew it was a mile 'cause there were 40 telephone poles.
The jack rabbit was timed in 1.34 flat..and that beat any race horse alive.

"Mind you", he said, "that stretch wasn't always that long.....
...we had to add four telephone poles to make it a full mile."

Only four telephone poles? Double HemLock!!!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
At the Rack in Detroit....late 70's
An old black player playing a 'young blood' ( but not Youngblood)....
...playing 'full rack' banks..$200 ...not a big bet for the Rack, but I had
talked to the old guy a few times, I liked him, so I had a sweat bet on him.
( he had told me that 'full rack' was probably the most skillful of all the
games...the moves were more complicated than 1-pocket)

Sooo....at four games apiece, the old guy cracks his cue.
...'young blood' says "What's the problem? We're dead even."

So the old guy tells him a story about when he was his age.

He was down in WV looking for work...had paid for 'room 'n' board' for a
month....couldn't find any work...the landlady lets him slide for a couple weeks...but she finally had enough .....she tells him .....
"If you aint doin' no good at what you're doin', it's time to move on."

...at this point he moved real close to 'young blood' and yelled in his ear
'AND THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING NOW...I'M MOVIN' OOOOOONNNNN!"

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
A really good story, pt. I enjoyed it.
Just thinking though, what if Mr. Cordero's daughter had been in a wheelchair. Now that would have been a tale to tell. :smile: