TAR and JA

EasyMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm being too critical, but was anybody else bothered by JA's cavalier attitude in which he played the TAR match-ups. Its one thing to respect your opponent but it was almost a give-up attitude like the give-up stroke before either match started. I think it bothered Shane not so much Busty and he played it up with all the can't win comments, singing, dancing, etc. I've seen him in action many times and he was always very serious it felt disrespectful to TAR and his opponents almost like the kid who is not trying his best so he can have an excuse for the loss?

Anybody else see that?

EasyMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a difference between perfection and acting like you care about the result. And douchebag I don't know who your lumping me in with but Ive bought almost every tar match and never posted a complaint.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I always look at that stuff like a nervous response to a tough situation. I thought the more JA talked the more he was feeling the heat. Busty is tough as hell to face. I just appreciated them being gentlemen and getting it on and letting the score settle it.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny, I think you read these threads. Thanks for the few weekends of great pool. It was very enjoyable. Dont let anyone get you down. You were a gentleman and a great sport. Cant wait to watch you in the future. Your great for pool.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I'm being too critical, but was anybody else bothered by JA's cavalier attitude in which he played the TAR match-ups. Its one thing to respect your opponent but it was almost a give-up attitude like the give-up stroke before either match started. I think it bothered Shane not so much Busty and he played it up with all the can't win comments, singing, dancing, etc. I've seen him in action many times and he was always very serious it felt disrespectful to TAR and his opponents almost like the knalid who is not trying his best so he can have an excuse for the loss?

Anybody else see that?

Yes, I do think you are looking way to deep into things. There is a big difference in how you act when your are betting your own. I was not the biggest JA fan 2 weeks ago, but he acted as professional as anyone could have these past 2 weeks. Justin seemed very happy with the way everyone acted and that is the only person who matters. I am sure you will see more of JA on TAR in the future.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I watched both matches in their entirety and thought Johnny took both matches seriously and tried his best in both. I also thought he was respectful to his opponents, to TAR, and to the viewers.

EasyMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK if most don't see it then I must be being too critical.

But it bugs the crap out of me that people like champ and dorabelle get on here and think the pros need their reassurance or protection. This is the real world and as in all other sports you have some players you pull for (filipinos, Shane, DA) and some that annoy you (JA, CW, SP), JA's behavior annoyed me and I'm sure there are some people that work for me have similar views of me. I would rather be aware of it (as long as its not blatantly disrespectful) than be blind to it. I also think that it is not just Justin's opinion that matters, but the opinion of his customers; myself and those that purchase the matches that matters. I will also say I agree with Justin and TAR 99% of the time so I wouldn't be surprised if the antics did bother him - but thats not my call. I admit I was pulling against JA, but I still wanted his best game and I'm not sure we got that - again JMO.

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he just wanted to losen up a little for viewers and make it a little more exciting..U can bet he was still buckled down tryin to get it done though...My 2...

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Well Easy, I guess we all have our opinions and I think you are way off base here with this one. Nomatter how it may have seemed to you I don't think anyone belives that JA wasn't trying. First he beat SVB and the Busty match was a tough one but he still managed to get a few racks up on the board. To me if you are not trying against Busty final score is 25-0.
As far as the attitude, JA has gotten a little older and wiser and does not feel the need to be as stern as you have seen him before. JA is a really nice guy and fun loving. I am glad to see others getting to see that other side of him. I don't believe it was afectying his game in fact I think it helped his game.
Well thats all I got to say about that. However I must add that unless you know JA and his personality I can understand why you would think that way. If you are not used to seeing that I can see how it may have come across as either cocky or disrespectful. I am not JA's official spokesperson here but I can tell you with 100% certainty that JA would not do something to intenionally hurt, TAR or disrespect them. He has alot of respect for what they do and for putting these things together. He was happy to be a part of it. I'm sure he would have been happier if he won but as they say "You can't win em all" My 2 cents.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Easy, I guess we all have our opinions and I think you are way off base here with this one. Nomatter how it may have seemed to you I don't think anyone belives that JA wasn't trying. First he beat SVB and the Busty match was a tough one but he still managed to get a few racks up on the board. To me if you are not trying against Busty final score is 25-0.
As far as the attitude, JA has gotten a little older and wiser and does not feel the need to be as stern as you have seen him before. JA is a really nice guy and fun loving. I am glad to see others getting to see that other side of him. I don't believe it was afectying his game in fact I think it helped his game.
Well thats all I got to say about that. However I must add that unless you know JA and his personality I can understand why you would think that way. If you are not used to seeing that I can see how it may have come across as either cocky or disrespectful. I am not JA's official spokesperson here but I can tell you with 100% certainty that JA would not do something to intenionally hurt, TAR or disrespect them. He has alot of respect for what they do and for putting these things together. He was happy to be a part of it. I'm sure he would have been happier if he won but as they say "You can't win em all" My 2 cents.

MArk, with as much time as you have spent with JA, if anyone would know him it would be you. I for one was happy to see this side of JA. I didn't really care for him before these last 2 weeks. The way he acted we nice to see. The fast that he took the time to thank the pool world for what they did for him and his family when his son was sick, and watching him get emotional, shows me the type of man he is.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK if most don't see it then I must be being too critical.

But it bugs the crap out of me that people like champ and dorabelle get on here and think the pros need their reassurance or protection. This is the real world and as in all other sports you have some players you pull for (filipinos, Shane, DA) and some that annoy you (JA, CW, SP), JA's behavior annoyed me and I'm sure there are some people that work for me have similar views of me. I would rather be aware of it (as long as its not blatantly disrespectful) than be blind to it. I also think that it is not just Justin's opinion that matters, but the opinion of his customers; myself and those that purchase the matches that matters. I will also say I agree with Justin and TAR 99% of the time so I wouldn't be surprised if the antics did bother him - but thats not my call. I admit I was pulling against JA, but I still wanted his best game and I'm not sure we got that - again JMO.

Im sorry dude but this is beyond nitty.
You're the one who mentioned my name so here goes.
After every match, there is someone who comes on feeling the importance to berate and nit pick the behavior of the players. These people (pros- call them what you want) have personalities and emotions. It bugs the crap out of me that people demand for them to act like robots. How you see Johnny being disrespectful to TAR is crazy. There are spotsmanship conduct rules and Im not aware of Busty making issue with any. Its funny because this is a thread about a player being too NICE!! They cant win with you guys. This is stupid. Nobody owes you anything.

Last edited:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Maybe I'm being too critical, but was anybody else bothered by JA's cavalier attitude in which he played the TAR match-ups. Its one thing to respect your opponent but it was almost a give-up attitude like the give-up stroke before either match started. I think it bothered Shane not so much Busty and he played it up with all the can't win comments, singing, dancing, etc. I've seen him in action many times and he was always very serious it felt disrespectful to TAR and his opponents almost like the kid who is not trying his best so he can have an excuse for the loss?

Anybody else see that?

The only thing I saw was a guy act like a complete gentlemen and fight his heart out every time he came to the table. Several times after matches I have had to come here and apologize for whatever antics occurred because someone didnt grasp the basic concept of not acting like a fool. I have nothing at all to say about any of the guys over the last three weeks except "Thank you" for restoring my hope that there are real professionals in this game.

The past two weeks have been like a breath of fresh air for me. Shane, Johnny and Francisco are true class acts and professionals. Over the course of a 10-15 hour match under the pressure these guys feel everyone is going to say or do something that someone won't like. If a person is really looking for something not to like they will find it without fail.

So in a final answer to your question do I think Johnny acted in any sort of unprofessional way? Hell no. Johnny was professional, courteous, funny and did all I ask out of anyone who plays for us...he played hard and was respectful to the fans and his opponent. What more can you ask of a person?

I am very happy to have worked with Johnny and I look to do so again in the future whenever the opportunity presents itself.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
j archer

what bothered me was johnny's attitude when he missed. when you wave your arms and curse out loud and blame your cue and talk to yourself badly with anger-you can't win like that. same with shane throwing the bridge to the floor when he would miss last week. and he was staring off in the distance mad as hell like he didn't want to be there. the first night shane acted like a spoiled rich kid who wanted to take his cue and go home since he wasn't winning. now these guys are the best in the world, i understand. but i learned as a small child not to show your fear.

that being said the pool was outstanding and i'm very happy i got to see 2 great matches thanks tar and everyone involved. congrats buste!

champ2107

Banned
There is a difference between perfection and acting like you care about the result. And douchebag I don't know who your lumping me in with but Ive bought almost every tar match and never posted a complaint.

lol :thumbup: you may want to check on the state of your mental health! its not looking too good at this point in time.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member

Anybody else see that?

I think he was nervous and he is a little antsy.