Old
  (#31)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-03-2012, 07:08 PM

Johnny has been a total class act since he came on tour at age 18! He is a gentleman and not one to complain about anything without a very good reason. He handles defeat like a man and savors his victories equally well, never being disrespectful to his opponents.

I am glad to have been able to witness him play for all these years and value his friendship very much. He is one of my closest friends among the pros, as is Francisco. Johnny and Francisco have a long history, going back to some spirited money matches in the early 90's. In one famous match, Johnny broke and ran THIRTEEN racks to win the set 13-0! HELLO!!!! Francisco simply flipped the coin to start a new set . And he returned the favor with a solid victory in set two, something like 13-6.

I was there for parts of JA's first match with Shane and he played some SUPER pool to win the match. The underlying prize was the right to say that you are America's number one! Johnny's time on top is not over yet, as he clearly showed that weekend. Same can be said for Django who some had said may be over the hill. IMO he is still in his prime!

I also watched part of Johnny's match with Francisco the first day and thought they both played some great pool. These are only two of the best pool players on the planet, and among the few able to handle the tough conditions in the TAR studio. That Diamond table would make most of us mere mortals whimper in pain if we had to play a match on it. That's my two cents on this thread.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#32)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
... In one famous match, Johnny broke and ran THIRTEEN racks to win the set 13-0! HELLO!!!! Francisco simply flipped the coin to start a new set . And he returned the favor with a solid victory in set two, something like 13-6. ...
Jay, that match was discussed in a couple of the podcasts. Johnny said the match went three sets, with Francisco winning the first and last sets. In the third set, Johnny broke and ran the first two games, so he actually broke and ran 15 games in a row -- the best of his career!

Old
  (#33)
lee brett
www.leebrettpool.com
lee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond reputelee brett has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to lee brett 
06-03-2012, 10:44 PM

Johnny is a class act and a character, i spent 2 weeks with him and the other players filming bonus ball, he wanted to win a took it very seriously. Johnny reads the forum, and in Johnny's words he would say "chillax" his new fav word.

Johnny was great meeting you and see you soon pal. pairpull.

"Invest in your game"

The Secret Art Of Pool,
Now on offer $30 each or 2 for $50

www.americanhustlerclothing.com
paypal - lee@leebrettpool.com

My website www.leebrettpool.com

Playing for dinner - Race to 30 really??? I hope you guys are playing on a bb then... Regulation tables of this caliber of play would set the over/under on a 6 hour set.... A race to 15 would've been fine for you two for a long set...

Old
  (#34)
markgw
AzB Silver Member
markgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond reputemarkgw has a reputation beyond repute

06-03-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Jay, that match was discussed in a couple of the podcasts. Johnny said the match went three sets, with Francisco winning the first and last sets. In the third set, Johnny broke and ran the first two games, so he actually broke and ran 15 games in a row -- the best of his career!
I have been in that room and saw the table Johnny ran the 13 racks on. I went there with Richie Rich and Jack Cooney was matched up with a guy on the same table. Johnny signed the table. I am pretty sure it was in Toledo, OH. I could be wrong on that but I remember Richie and I went across the street to play poker in a private game that night. I was going to bet with the owner and he said I could pick either player for a sweat bet. When I picked Cooney he said no bet, I picked the wrong guy, LOL

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: