Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pool table spiders? Balls stuck?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Pool table spiders? Balls stuck?
Old
  (#1)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Pool table spiders? Balls stuck? - 06-04-2020, 12:08 PM

So I went to a bar and played pool. I have already been to this place before so I wont bore you with the details of the place. But on game 8 when I pressed the button to release the balls 1 ball got stuck. It was the 8 ball. How common of an occurrence is this with spiders in tables? Does anyone know of anything that can be done when this happens to fix the issue? The lady behind the bar just gave me another 8 ball. They do not have any keys and the only way to really fix the issue would have been to call the pool table people. Even the pool tables at the pool hall have spiders in them.

Thanks

Old
  (#2)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 12:35 PM

This is a common phenomenon as spiders are known to enjoy the game of three-ball. They will randomly trap balls until only three balls remain forcing players to partake in their favorite match.

Old
  (#3)
drv4
AzB Silver Member
drv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 12:41 PM

I wish I could go to all these random bars with janky pool tables as often as you do. Youíre living the life!!!!

Old
  (#4)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 12:49 PM

Look at the trap and know what it looks like with 15 balls. Soon you will know at a glance if it is a full rack. Address the issue before you pay or press button if prepaid.

This is a bad time of year dealing with arachnids.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#5)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-04-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_lion View Post
... Does anyone know of anything that can be done when this happens to fix the issue? ...
More likely nachos than spiders.... My solution is to never play on coin-op tables or eat nachos while playing.

Old
  (#6)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 01:27 PM

You really should have your own section in the forum.

Old
  (#7)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member
jaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond reputejaime_lion has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
More likely nachos than spiders.... My solution is to never play on coin-op tables or eat nachos while playing.
If I did that I would not be able to play as often as I want. I would have to wait till 4pm 5 days a week to play pool. I wish I could only play on 9 footer tables with non-spider pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
Look at the trap and know what it looks like with 15 balls. Soon you will know at a glance if it is a full rack. Address the issue before you pay or press button if prepaid.

This is a bad time of year dealing with arachnids.
I played 7 games that worked ok. The 8th did not. I did not even think to look at the trap window thing.

Old
  (#8)
jaime_lion
AzB Silver Member

06-04-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drv4 View Post
I wish I could go to all these random bars with janky pool tables as often as you do. Youíre living the life!!!!
You can totally have this life.

Old
  (#9)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
You really should have your own section in the forum.
Dude has some of the most off-the-air threads ever. I've got him on ignore but just based the replies i can tell. Wow.

Old
  (#10)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_lion View Post
So I went to a bar and played pool. I have already been to this place before so I wont bore you with the details of the place. But on game 8 when I pressed the button to release the balls 1 ball got stuck. It was the 8 ball. How common of an occurrence is this with spiders in tables? Does anyone know of anything that can be done when this happens to fix the issue? The lady behind the bar just gave me another 8 ball. They do not have any keys and the only way to really fix the issue would have been to call the pool table people. Even the pool tables at the pool hall have spiders in them.

Thanks
I tried to negotiate a game with a spider....but he high-rolled me.
Apparently he was being staked by the Dark Web.....they had unlimited funds.

Name:  686B0E73-CD99-4BFD-9493-F16A5E9027E9.jpeg
Views: 271
Size:  16.9 KB

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#11)
markjames
AzB Silver Member
markjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond reputemarkjames has a reputation beyond repute

06-04-2020, 09:31 PM

Spiders can be bad yes- but when itís tarantula season in new mexico the bars just close down. Iíve been there before so i wonít go into all the details. You think playing the ghost is hard? Tarantulas travel in swarms, groups so thick you canít stop them. Like when they march across the highway they just keep going and the cars and trucks drive right over them, smashing the ones under the tires like little fuzzy water balloons but they donít care they keep marching on. And once they get inside those coin tables you can just forget it. Even if we try to get a few games at first before their season starts, itís not fair cause the balls have this stuff on them and they donít roll right. So yeah iíve definitely been there. And the pool table people canít help. They just laugh at you. And youíre right i know the tarantulas like eight balls the best so you might want to get out of there for awhile.

Old
  (#12)
IbeAnEngineer
AzB Silver Member
IbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond reputeIbeAnEngineer has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2020, 06:50 AM

Years ago I had a friend that worked for an amusement equipment company doing repairs on the equipment that they rented out to bars. He worked on pooltables, foosball tables, pinball machines etc. He had a whole collection of small pistols and various types of contraband that he found inside the pool tables. Apparently, a lot of people would dump stuff down a pocket when a cop would walk into a place.

Main Players: South West, Predator BK1
Hobbies: I rack a lot

Old
  (#13)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2020, 06:54 AM

As an English pool player, the notion of spiders so big that they regularly stop pool balls rolling out from the table mechanism sounds like some sort of horror movie.

A spider over here is what we call the bridge by the way.

Pictures and descriptions of my pool ball collection and custom designs are gradually being uploaded to the AZB album area. If anyone would like to view these galleries as they grow, please click on the relevant link below.

Ball galleries: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2574

Custom designs: https://forums.azbilliards.com/album.php?albumid=2653

Best wishes,
RC.

Old
  (#14)
SpiderWeb
iisgone@yahoo.com
SpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2020, 07:22 AM

You are very lucky that u didn't get caught up in the WEB.

Old
  (#15)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

06-05-2020, 07:46 AM

Funny Bob Jewett should jump in here on this problem. I believe that this only started happening around the country after he got into a argument with King Cobra about the size of standard pool balls. Bob was firm in his belief that two and a quarter was the American standard.

But the world's foremost expert on all things table related said no. The snake named all sorts of sizes to play pool with. Now there are f'kd up tables all over in need of repair.

Blame Bob, the expert said so.

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: