32 Men Left Standing: Friday 2013 U.S. Open 9-Ball Thread

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it interesting, as well as a shame, that very rarely, if at all, there are representatives competing in pool from Africa or South America in global events. :(

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I agree, he reminds me of Jim Rempe when he was young, but you are right Ortmann does have that manly look maybe feel too!!

Now I wonder if I have a manly feel. Is there some type of network you girls can refer me to to get felt?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now I wonder if I have a manly feel. Is there some type of network you girls can refer me to to get felt?

Look at the size of Oliver's manly hands, photo from his website ---> HERE

I rest my case! :D

Attachments

• big_15331664_0_470-337.jpg
    big_15331664_0_470-337.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 657

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far, Accu-Stats website has not disclosed who's up to bat at 12 noon today. Here's the link to check it out when it does become available ---> HERE

All Times Are Eastern (EDT)
Friday Oct. 18, 2013
Play Starts at Noon-12:00pm EDT

Stream will be available from approximately 11:45am

Noon-12:00pm - TBA - To Be Announced
2:00pm - TBA - To Be Announced
4:00pm - TBA - To Be Announced

Dinner Break

6:30pm - TBA - To Be Announced
8:30pm - TBA - To Be Announced
10:30pm - TBA - To Be Announced

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
Thanks,JAM, for keeping us updated. I'd like to see Johnny and SVB in the finals.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
So far, Accu-Stats website has not disclosed who's up to bat at 12 noon today.

Oddzilla has Johnny and Shaw up to bat first on the TV table.

Friday Oct. 18, 2013

Noon-12:00pm - Johnny Archer vs Jason Shaw

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2013 US Pro-Am??? jk, jk

Cream is rising to the top as it should.... Has anyone taken a look at the stroll svb has had through his bracket??? Or just about anyone else??? Most top players untested to this point...

Here's svb's draw - oldervik, al shaheen, petroni, mastermaker, and now sossei. He's prob a 4-5 game fav over sossei... That is his path to reach us open semis.... Obv, not taking anything away from svb.... Def one of my favs to watch and I would love to see him repeat... Just pointing out the soft field and luck of the draw....

Here is Oscar's path to reach us open quarters... howri, pettenger, guimond, bennett....

Now lets rewind to last years open.... Every match from 3rd rd out seemed to be a coin flip... Below are some of the intl champions we're missing from last year's monster open....

Dennis, Alex, Efren, Busty, Alcano, Parica, Chang, He Li Wen, Ko Pin Yi, Biado, NVB, Dang, Ouschan, Liu, Alcaide

That being said, I'd love to see Niels finally snap it off... How on earth did he beat Daz 11-2??? Or Archer 11-1 over van van??? He's the clear fav over oscar to reach semi... As is svb over sossei.. The other 2 matches archer/shaw and melling/dechaine are coin flips imo... Dechaine/Melling the most intriguing and my pick for accustats stream... B-side stream choice would be Kennedy/Souquet....

Let's not forget Mika lost his 1st match and has been a man on a mission... I'd like to see Niels/Svb hot seat match and a Svb/Mika final... How many would mika have to win to make final 9??? 10??

Some possible B-side matchups brewing - daz/can, corey/hohmann, mika/boyes,

Last but not least... For the 1st time in over 10 years I'm unable to watch the us open live or via accustats stream.... It's an issue with comcast/xfinity and not accustats... Some type of ip block going on... Comcast wants to charge me $33 just to speak to a tech for fixing this... :angry::mad::angry::mad::angry::mad:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oddzilla has Johnny and Shaw up to bat first on the TV table.

Friday Oct. 18, 2013

Noon-12:00pm - Johnny Archer vs Jason Shaw

Hey, man, thanks for the heads-up. :smile:

I'm racing against the clock to finish a job before noon, so I can sweat it. :p

Johnny has experienced the TV table yesterday, and he seems ot have conquered the equipment when it comes to breaking. ;)

Jayson Shaw is a relative newcomer to high-profile events such as the WPA-sanctioned U.S. Open 9-Ball Championship, being in this kind of spotlight, so this will prove to be interesting to see if he can fade the pressure of those bright, hot lights with the cameras glaring at your every move. :D

The first time Shane Van Boening got on a TV table at the Open, he didn't fare so well. I remember that match. All the bookmakers had their money on Shane to win, and Keith was the underdog, but Keith's seasoning was an asset in this match. The TV table has a way to hindering some players. It plays differently than the other tables because of the hot lights. :p

Jaysons did go undefeated in the Pro/Am at Steinway. Jayson has recently been sponsored by Str8t Shots, so this has to be a boost to his self-confidence on a field of green. :cool:

Attachments

• Shaw.jpg
    Shaw.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 627

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cream is rising to the top as it should.... Has anyone taken a look at the stroll svb has had through his bracket??? Or just about anyone else??? Most top players untested to this point...

Here's svb's draw - oldervik, al shaheen, petroni, mastermaker, and now sossei. He's prob a 4-5 game fav over sossei... That is his path to reach us open semis.... Obv, not taking anything away from svb.... Def one of my favs to watch and I would love to see him repeat... Just pointing out the soft field and luck of the draw....

Here is Oscar's path to reach us open quarters... howri, pettenger, guimond, bennett....

Now lets rewind to last years open.... Every match from 3rd rd out seemed to be a coin flip... Below are some of the intl champions we're missing from last year's monster open....

Dennis, Alex, Efren, Busty, Alcano, Parica, Chang, He Li Wen, Ko Pin Yi, Biado, NVB, Dang, Ouschan, Liu, Alcaide

That being said, I'd love to see Niels finally snap it off... How on earth did he beat Daz 11-2??? Or Archer 11-1 over van van??? He's the clear fav over oscar to reach semi... As is svb over sossei.. The other 2 matches archer/shaw and melling/dechaine are coin flips imo... Dechaine/Melling the most intriguing and my pick for accustats stream... B-side stream choice would be Kennedy/Souquet....

Let's not forget Mika lost his 1st match and has been a man on a mission... I'd like to see Niels/Svb hot seat match and a Svb/Mika final... How many would mika have to win to make final 9??? 10??

Some possible B-side matchups brewing - daz/can, corey/hohmann, mika/boyes,

Last but not least... For the 1st time in over 10 years I'm unable to watch the us open live or via accustats stream.... It's an issue with comcast/xfinity and not accustats... Some type of ip block going on... Comcast wants to charge me $33 just to speak to a tech for fixing this... :angry::mad::angry::mad::angry::mad:

I like your observations on the matches and picks to advance.

Try a different browser for Accu-Stats. I have Comcast Xfinity and have experienced no problems. I use Google Chrome.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
so this has to be a boost to his self-confidence on a field of green. :cool:

I have always liked your field of green comments but I am thinking field of blue is more appropriate now? Sign of the times a changin' I guess.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always liked your field of green comments but I am thinking field of blue is more appropriate now? Sign of the times a changin' I guess.

OMG, you are so right, Shane. LOL :grin-square:

BTW, congrats on your recent celebration. :lovies:

They are too busy

I find it interesting, as well as a shame, that very rarely, if at all, there are representatives competing in pool from Africa or South America in global events. :(

They are too busy pursuing their dreams of football (soccer). Those markets are ripe for growth. Btw, the middle eastern countries like Qatar and Saudi Arabia are in Africa, and they have been playing more and more pool in the last decade.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are too busy pursuing their dreams of football (soccer). Those markets are ripe for growth. Btw, the middle eastern countries like Qatar and Saudi Arabia are in Africa, and they have been playing more and more pool in the last decade.

This is true. I think we only had one Middle Eastern player at the Open this year, the Kuwaiti, who had a strong showing. Omar Al-Shaheen. He looks like an amiable player. :cool:

Attachments

• omar.jpg
    omar.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 445

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member

These countries are not in Africa :eek: