Guns and Cues, Show us your Piece

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And it’s probably reached the stage with 20 pages of posts, which concentrate on displaying & debating guns,
that the Mods should consider either starting a new section on the Forum called “Field & Stream” or else, forward
this thread & all posts current & future to the Editor of G&A Magazine.

Mr. Wilson….can you lend a helping hand before PAC Money starts getting involved……sooner or later one of the Koch Bros.
is going to chime in……they’re fixing school board elections now so there’s no end in sight to what awaits us…… yes, even
on the Forum……they have shills everywhere.

More seriously, this topic has reached pandemic proportions and needs to be curtailed right now...IMO.

Matt B.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a law against buying a gun to resale to someone that can not pass the background check. Basically trying to circumvent the system. There is no law saying individuals can not sell to one another but there is one saying you can not buy with the intent to sell to some one that can not pass the background check. Legal term is a Straw purchase

It's not just for background checks...

"A straw purchase or nominee purchase is any purchase wherein an agent agrees to acquire a good or service for someone who is unable or unwilling to purchase the good or service himself."

In Louisiana, it is illegal for a 15 year old to buy a long gun or handgun. However, it is legal for a 17 year old to openly carry a long gun. If I were to buy a shotgun and give it to my 15 year old nephew for a Christmas present, technically that is a straw purchase. Same goes for myself buying a handgun for my 20 year old nephew. It would be a straw purchase, because you must be 21 years old to buy a handgun in Louisiana. Except if it were through a private sale. I bought my first handgun at 19 years old.

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
And it’s probably reached the stage with 20 pages of posts, which concentrate on displaying & debating guns,
that the Mods should consider either starting a new section on the Forum called “Field & Stream” or else, forward
this thread & all posts current & future to the Editor of G&A Magazine.

Mr. Wilson….can you lend a helping hand before PAC Money starts getting involved……sooner or later one of the Koch Bros.
is going to chime in……they’re fixing school board elections now so there’s no end in sight to what awaits us…… yes, even
on the Forum……they have shills everywhere.

More seriously, this topic has reached pandemic proportions and needs to be curtailed right now...IMO.

Matt B.

This is one of the most civilized threads that has went on for this long and you want to get rid of it? Dont pop in and read it. Mr. Wilson has already said that he has the final word on the matter. When he is ready for it to go away or move it will happen. Let it be please.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
There is a law against buying a gun to resale to someone that can not pass the background check. Basically trying to circumvent the system. There is no law saying individuals can not sell to one another but there is one saying you can not buy with the intent to sell to some one that can not pass the background check. Legal term is a Straw purchase

agreed - operative word being "ïntent"....
but we really herein weren't talking about that - the criminals can fend for themselves.
if the bold is true in NC now, then i know a lot of people who also aren't aware of it.
nor care.

Last edited:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
:) and several "others"

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 397

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Funny, start talking guns and no problems. Pool and someone would be fighting already.

As Dave posted:
What does the Mod say

Cows go Moo.
Sheeps go Baaa
Mods Go, "Ring Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding, Pa Pow, Pow, Pow Pow, Pa Pow".

Something like that. Or was that the Fox?

Anyway, maybe I'm just twisted as usual but I don't see a problem with this thread.
One of the members started a thread re members secondary hobbies and it was also one of the most entertaining threads that we had in many moons.

Nice to have a diversion once in a while. Not everything has to be about IDing cues, tips, chalk and Aiming Systems.

Start talking gun laws and politics and it will end up in NPR in no time.

Nice rifle Clocked. Whats that rod under the barrel for. Is that a vaporizer? Cause judging from the diameter of that barrel, it looks like a potential vaporizer.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, I believe that even in the trunk, locked up it needs to be unloaded with gun and ammo separately locked up.

That is incorrect. :wink:
I was wrong, (it happens). This law has been partially changed in the last few years. Read below, #290.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
In cali I believe that is correct Jay..

That is incorrect. :wink:

If it has changed Jay please point us to the information stating so but last I checked to legally transport a firearm in Cali, the ammo and firearm must be stored separately. If a trunk is available either the firearm or the ammo in the trunk but regardless, one or the other has to not be within reach of anyone in the car and they are not supposed to be stored together unless impossible to do otherwise.

Jaden

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice rifle Clocked. Whats that rod under the barrel for. Is that a vaporizer? Cause judging from the diameter of that barrel, it looks like a potential vaporizer.

I believe that it is a muzzleloader. I could however be wrong.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If it has changed Jay please point us to the information stating so but last I checked to legally transport a firearm in Cali, the ammo and firearm must be stored separately. If a trunk is available either the firearm or the ammo in the trunk but regardless, one or the other has to not be within reach of anyone in the car and they are not supposed to be stored together unless impossible to do otherwise.

Jaden

Actually you are correct. The old law was just that it had to be stored in a locked compartment, i.e the trunk of your car. The new law is that it must be unloaded. The ammo can be sitting next to the gun (clip) but it cannot be in the gun! I just read the California handbook code on firearms. So I was half right and so were you.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
We ought to take this thread, print it out, then see if we can get a gun company to sponsor a pool tournament. I'm serious too. I suspected many pool players would be into guns but this is remarkable.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Question for you guys. Being from Canada and just about to get my restricted, I figured on my first to be the Beretta 22 LR. More of a long barreled target pistol.

I like the Sig that Ron F posted. I believe that we do have one or 2 Combat Clubs that
go to an outdoor range when it isn't winter in Canada. That gives us a window of outdoor shooting of approx 2 months. Hahahaha.

The small compact design of his Sig is attractive to me.

With a shorter barrel, what would be considered a distance that particular pistol would be accurate up to. I know with the smaller pocket pistols, people have mentioned, not far.

Could somebody who really knows handguns answer this for Terry? My experience is the shorter the barrel, the more skilled a shooter has to be. I was amazed with a female cop was next to me at the range. She had a hammerless short barreled .38 and was killing the 50 ft target. I doubt I could hit it at all.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Yeah I think they eliminated that other part of it to clarify...

Actually you are correct. The old law was just that it had to be stored in a locked compartment, i.e the trunk of your car. The new law is that it must be unloaded. The ammo can be sitting next to the gun (clip) but it cannot be in the gun! I just read the California handbook code on firearms. So I was half right and so were you.

It was slightly ambiguous before because if you were in a truck cab it was impossible to store them separately.

I think it used to be that they had to be kept separately but they changed that to what you read to get rid of the ambiguity of it.

Jaden

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
22lr is a relatively accurate round...

Could somebody who really knows handguns answer this for Terry? My experience is the shorter the barrel, the more skilled a shooter has to be. I was amazed with a female cop was next to me at the range. She had a hammerless short barreled .38 and was killing the 50 ft target. I doubt I could hit it at all.

Even in short barrels .22 lr is an accurate round. In a 4-5 inch barrel I would think that it's accurate up to 50 yds or so barring high wind or other aberrant conditions.

Now of course it depends on what you consider accurate. With match grade target ammo a 22 lr pistol will have sub inch groupings @ 25 yds...

This would put it at around 2 inch groupings @ 50.

That should be good enough to hit almost any target you might want to and at 25-30 yds a 22lr will penetrate most things.

Jaden

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Thanks Chris and Jaden. I was watching a UTube video. The guy was going to prove that even with a smaller 22 LR pistol, that it was both accurate and powerful.

I believe that at 30 feet, the bullet was still going thru 1" ply wood.

So the Sig 9mm compact would still be quite accurate.