Middle TN Pool Rooms

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Recently relocated to Manchester, Tn. It's 30 minutes south of Murfreesboro, 45min-1hr south of Nashville, and the same north of Chattanooga. Looking for a pool room as local as I can find, but would like to know of all the rooms in my area, and possibly meet some folks from the region.

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is nice room in Murfreesboro called Murfreesboro Billiard Club and another room in Murfreesboro called Fat Willy's. JOB's is in Madison, TN, which is about 45 minutes from Murfreesboro. I also heard there is a nice room in Chattanooga called Chattanooga Billiard Club. All very nice rooms.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
There is nice room in Murfreesboro called Murfreesboro Billiard Club and another room in Murfreesboro called Fat Willy's. JOB's is in Madison, TN, which is about 45 minutes from Murfreesboro. I also heard there is a nice room in Chattanooga called Chattanooga Billiard Club. All very nice rooms.

Thank you. Saw Murfreesboro Billiard Club yesterday, and it looks like good room. Saw another place that was a barber shop/pool hall, but it wasn't open.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Recently relocated to Manchester, Tn. It's 30 minutes south of Murfreesboro, 45min-1hr south of Nashville, and the same north of Chattanooga. Looking for a pool room as local as I can find, but would like to know of all the rooms in my area, and possibly meet some folks from the region.

Quite a move, Eric. I lived in McMinnville for a couple years.
That's where my ex mother-in-law lives. If I go visit her, I'll give you a ring.

Lots of bar table pool halls when I lived in the area. Some looked like they were trapped in time.

Tullahoma had a good pool hall. I think your best bet will be Murfreesboro.

And yes, the Chattanooga Billiard was pretty good, but when I was there, it was all bar tables.

Good luck!

Freddie

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucky Break owned by John Pinegar (Hennessee) right near you in Manchester.

1766 Hillsboro Blvd, Manchester, TN 37355, Phone (931) 954-5400

Diamond Billiard Club in Chattanooga.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Lucky Break owned by John Pinegar (Hennessee) right near you in Manchester.

1766 Hillsboro Blvd, Manchester, TN 37355, Phone (931) 954-5400

Closed, unfortunately. Several rooms in the immediate are but they're closed.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Quite a move, Eric. I lived in McMinnville for a couple years.
That's where my ex mother-in-law lives. If I go visit her, I'll give you a ring.

Lots of bar table pool halls when I lived in the area. Some looked like they were trapped in time.

Tullahoma had a good pool hall. I think your best bet will be Murfreesboro.

And yes, the Chattanooga Billiard was pretty good, but when I was there, it was all bar tables.

Good luck!

Freddie

Hi Fred! Nice to hear from you. I'll check out the McMinnville room if it's still around. That entire town seems to be lost in time. Swung by the Murfreesboro Billiard Club & only seen one bar table, which to my delight was a Diamond. All others were Brunswick. Could be my eyes playing tricks, but they looked like 8 footers. If you're ever in the area, stop by & I'll feed you :)

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool rooms

Hello, I live in murfreesboro and play at Fat willies mostly, but also ocasonily at murfreesboro billiards, The room you mentioned that has a barber shop in it is pastimes on the square in murfreesboro, they have 2 snooker tables and 1 9 foot gold crown and 1 8 foot table, i use to work there. welcome to the area, By the way are you eric of sugartree cues? if so will you be making cues here? thanks kj

warriorpoet62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hoo-ligans Sports Bar in Clarksville. Has some good handicap tournaments on Friday and Saturday nights. Also has 500 added first weekend of each month and a 1000 added every 3 months.

Also, on a good weekend there is a lot of action.

wp

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Hello, I live in murfreesboro and play at Fat willies mostly, but also ocasonily at murfreesboro billiards, The room you mentioned that has a barber shop in it is pastimes on the square in murfreesboro, they have 2 snooker tables and 1 9 foot gold crown and 1 8 foot table, i use to work there. welcome to the area, By the way are you eric of sugartree cues? if so will you be making cues here? thanks kj

Yup that's me, and yup I will be making cues. Working on setting up shop, which may take a while, but once set up I will be doing cues again. Just finished making a new work bench today.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Hoo-ligans Sports Bar in Clarksville. Has some good handicap tournaments on Friday and Saturday nights. Also has 500 added first weekend of each month and a 1000 added every 3 months.

Also, on a good weekend there is a lot of action.

wp

Sounds fun! Will have to look & see how close I am.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny story about the Tennessee...

I had some business down there a few years ago and was in strok-ish at the time. Did a little snooping around to see where the action was and came across a write-up where the author said ' they will bet it up here and have no problem losing. Wht do they care? You aren't leaving with it'.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yup that's me, and yup I will be making cues. Working on setting up shop, which may take a while, but once set up I will be doing cues again. Just finished making a new work bench today.

Great. I've got this great piece of curly purple heart....

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
awesome! I will be your first customer here i hope! Let me know when you are ready and I would like to come out and talk too you and make some specs and get me a cue made. My name is Kevin Joiner and my email address is dkjshark@comcast.net Just shoot me a email when ever you would like to meet or set it up! Also if you need any info on the area just let me know, i will be glad to help. Thanks kj

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Great. I've got this great piece of curly purple heart....

Bring it on! Got a piece or two myself, just gota dig them out. One is going to Lomax when I get them out of storage & on the shelf in the new shop, but there will be a few more to look at.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
awesome! I will be your first customer here i hope! Let me know when you are ready and I would like to come out and talk too you and make some specs and get me a cue made. My name is Kevin Joiner and my email address is dkjshark@comcast.net Just shoot me a email when ever you would like to meet or set it up! Also if you need any info on the area just let me know, i will be glad to help. Thanks kj

Nice! Thank you for the hospitality. I will perhaps be taking you up on it soon, as I'm itching to play a little. May be a bit before my shop is set up, as I'm still working on building work benches.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Eric my daughter lives in Clarksville. I'll look you up the next time Im down there.

dkjshark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool eric, just shoot me a email, i can play almost anytime, and as i said would love to discuss what im looking for in a new cue. kj

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Yeah, go check out my buddy Jeremy Hart at MBC. They run tournaments pretty regularly and there is a good group of guys to hang out with. If you start frequenting the place you will likely run into two of the largest humans you have met, Jeramie and Allan. I have a picture somewhere of me, Jeramie, Allan and Justin Collett at Derby, it made me look small lol.

P.S. I am still on your "maybe later" list from years ago :smile:, when you get up and running I would love to get in the mix.