Schmidt video release November

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol oozed class.. I think you need a history lesson on Willie. One of the all time greats ..yes. Nice guy or oozed class... that would be a no lol

Mosconi was probably the greatest of all time at what he did.

And like most savants he could be testy at times and did not suffer fools well. So, like most of us, he could sometimes be a jerk. But by-and-large he was a class act. I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Lou Figueroa

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John should put 30 or so minutes of his run on YouTube for free. Just enough of a teaser to keep the buzz going until he figures out how to monetize the rest of it.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I would think that JS should do commentary describing his thought process as he was playing, critique his own play, discuss shot and pattern options, etc. In other words, turn this feat into a teaching video. That would be marketable I would think and I would buy something like that.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member

I don't think so, actually, he keeps saying on facebook that he's done
with AZ and never visiting it again, that it's the most negative and hostile place on the internet.

That's definitely hyperbole but I 100% get why he wouldn't bother coming here anymore.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
with AZ and never visiting it again, that it's the most negative and hostile place on the internet.

That's definitely hyperbole but I 100% get why he wouldn't bother coming here anymore.

Eh. Him and all the other pro players would probably be on azb much more often if we just started using the AZB King’s section again. And pro pool would be a household thing too. Money everywhere and women. Lots of lady folk.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will have to correct you on this. John has done a lot of gambling with top level competition and done well at it. He most recently played some high dollar One Pocket matches in the Northwest a year or so ago and I watched him gamble with Santos at 9-Ball a couple of years back. John has never been afraid to match up and gamble at most pool games other than Bank pool (which I'm sure he can play at a high level).

To put it bluntly John is a championship level player and has been for nearly two decades. There are very few players who would gamble with him at Straight Pool right now. It would take a player like Dennis O. or Filler to step up to the plate with him at 14.1.

If you don't think John can play and gamble then you are sadly mistaken. He has a couple of deep pocket backers ready to put him in action at any time.
He got torched by Billy Thorp in one pocket for a big number getting a spot if I remember right , JS said Billy put on the best banking display he has ever seen

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
For those who either were not members at the time, or just forgot: John came to AZ and asked to be staked in the 9 ball- US Open the year he won it. Some generous AZ members pooled their money and backed him...guess AZ's not as bad as JS claims.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He doesn't come here for the exact reasons every other pro doesn't want or need to visit.

I don't blame in the least.

Jeff

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ya so do I , on FB your in control of your page , delete what you want , its a controlled narrative , that's why JB ,CJ and others have fled there

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who either were not members at the time, or just forgot: John came to AZ and asked to be staked in the 9 ball- US Open the year he won it. Some generous AZ members pooled their money and backed him...guess AZ's not as bad as JS claims.

MemberS, no.

Was done purdy...solo as I recall.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And he is not the only one I believe our friend Black Balled did the same as a couple others got backing , and their is zero doubt in my mind if he came here again looking for backing he would have got it
Yes there is always going to be haters here .hey we all are not Boston fans lol

vicki h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt

Ive personally staked John over the last 20 years against these monster players. Morro,McCready,Santos,Parica,Pagulyan,Richie, Shuff,Gentile,Harriman,Jason Kirkwood,Bartram,Oscar,Ernesto,Glen Olson,Chohan,Shane McMinn,Danny Smith,Scott Frost,Billy Weir,Lee Huewagon,Bob Hercheck and probably a few more that im leaving out. Betting against this group is a tough way of earning a living !!!! When John lived in Mobile Ricky Byrd had John in big action every week with a resume of monsters of equal. When John was young and active he played every swinging dick that would get up. Ricky and I could attest to that!!! Gary Henry owner of Classic Billiards.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
He got torched by Billy Thorp in one pocket for a big number getting a spot if I remember right , JS said Billy put on the best banking display he has ever seen

That's the One Pocket match I was referring too. Like you said, it was high dollar action. John has never been adverse to getting down in the dirt and betting it up.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes John lost $10,000 playing even, then $20,000 playing even, then $17,000 getting 10-8, 9-8.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I still think this is a complete fraud. I truly believe he did not do it.

So I get it, neither of us were there or have seen a video yet so not being sure either way makes sense.

I am not sure it happened.

But you are somehow convinced it did not happen. I am just curious what you know that would make you so sure that a fraud that outrageous has been executed?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member

MemberS, no.

Was done purdy...solo as I recall.

There were several others who were also willing to contribute, but, yes, Purdy certainly led the charge and may have been the sole backer. Still, AZ's quite a site.

Link to thread...good read: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=41567

Several ppl did contribute, along with Don Purdy.

If I remember right, several of us kicked in small amounts. Purdy was the largest contributor. I think he raffled a cue and donated the proceeds? Basically, Purdy handled the fund raiser, contributed too, then met John in Chesapeake and hung with him during the week.

There should be a thread about that on here, somewhere.

Eric

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There were several others who were also willing to contribute, but, yes, Purdy certainly led the charge and may have been the sole backer. Still, AZ's quite a site.

Link to thread...good read: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=41567

A friend of mine missed a plane....so I booked a week off and drove him down to the Open.
Alex presented the finals as defending champion...he lost early.
In his speech he did a stand-up where Michael Jackson was a great pool player...
...and Efren was his driver...they met Earl on the street...it was hilarious...
...CJ stood on his chair to applaud.

Ronnie Wiseman was up 7Gs betting on matches...he asked me who I liked in the finals...
...told him Schmidt can give the field the 8 for the last two days..Ronnie bet it all.

First time I saw Earl speechless...John was up 5-2 and running out like water...
..Earl looks up from the rack and says “You probably think you’re a better player.”...
...John says “I’m a better golfer.”...the way he said it as a challenge.
...Earl loves golf...but had to back off in that spot.