Silver Member
Now I want one!

As stated in one of our original post as i recall
Jack made the Libra cues with a machinest named Johnny Sanchezwho has
since passed away

Jacks idea and knowledge of playing characteristics has been a big help to
many newer cue makers who have sought advice over the years

Several of them have encouraged Jack to get back in the business and
have offered to be of hel to him with modern finishes ,machinery and different steps while
sticking to Jacks internal ideas etc.

As stated Jack plans to put out a few cues, inexpensive cues to demonstrate that
he can make a great playing cue,a dozen of you guys got the first dozen cues and reported that
he produces a great cue

Jacks plan is to see how you guys report back and then decide if he is willing to make
a large investment of time and machinery into making more.

So to be very specific,Jack is acting in the same capacity he did with the Libra cues, his is not a
hands on machinery operating function but one of supervisory,design and quality control,
This is what we mean when we said Jack made the cues,they are his designs,his creations,his specs
his responsibility,

But now he has actually married his pool cue knowledge with advanced production
and quality techniues. I think one thing you guys have seen is that the shafts were fabulous
and the cues play great,and this is our great concern

This is an expansion on one or more of my early post. It is more than is necessary,and if anyone
is unhappy with t the Zorro they have on order now, contact Dean for an immediate refund

We are confident that you will love your new cue,but if this controversy upsets you,call me for a
quick refund, Simply call and say I want my money back,you crook

I can guarantee you no hard feelings

Dean has made more people happy delivering Cues for decades and decades including me.
Keep trucking Dean,
Nick :)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Dean has made more people happy delivering Cues for decades and decades including me.
Keep trucking Dean,
Nick :)

Nick,

We are testing them for DNA right now to see who made them. Can you spit in an envelope and mail it to Deano?:wink:

Chris

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
This is the most bumpable thread of the year so far!

Agreed! Firstly, best wishes to Jack and the Mrs. And from what i read here so far, aside from Deliverance is a all time classic, is nobody is cheated, or mad. They all got a great playing cue and one even got a Tasc. Really, we all like Dean and Jack. So much so that a dozen people wanted a cue specifically made by Dean and Jack so that
1.) When they win they can say, "You just got Jacked!"
2.) Or, "Im the best potter with this here Potter"
3.) I finally made the "Deans List", and got me one
4.) Or, "I just hit the Jackpot", when they take it out
I never made the Deans List or hit the Jackpot. Glad the guys who got em like them so much...and feel free to use my expressions whenever you play and win with your cues. These cues are more talked about now than any other on here. Win win. Instant classic; just like Deliverance.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First (and only) time I watched Deliverance, I just wanted to down some Valium and chase it with a fifth if whiskey. :eek:

Maniac

I spent a lot of time on a bicycle in the woods in Wva and I can honestly say...that movie was never far from my thoughts.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deanoc is one of AzBilliards stand-up guys. He's not trying to rip anyone off, but rather, he enjoys helping those who like good-hitting pool cues to get their hands on one.

Furthermore, his threads on AzBilliards about players from days gone by and his pool tales area delight to read. He's, in fact, one of the good guys.

I know what it's like to be barbecued on this forum by banned members posting and trolls, and sometimes there are those who just like to cause anger and/or hurt. I've had cartoons made about me, videos, polls, you name it. I've been called a groupie because of my association with my other half. I was in late 40s then, as I'm 65 today. Those words hurt me to my core because I loved pool so very much. The flame threads are probably some of the largest on this forum to date. And when they wanted to hurt me or cause anger but couldn't think of anything more to write about me, they would attack my other half with vulgar comments, all for their entertainment. Yes, there are some members here who get their rocks off causing hurt and/or anger on this forum.

I can remember somebody here saying they couldn't understand why I would be so affected over words written on a pool forum. Well, you see, I used to post here all the time. Every time we went to a pool event, I'd go back to our hotel room and post photos and updates often at 2 and 3 in the mornings, rather than going to sleep. I loved spreading the news. This was during an era when the pool news wasn't so prevalent as it is today. I put my heart and soul into it, only to have it ripped to shreds by some members who only come here to have fun at the expense of others.

I look back on it now and realize I should not have been upset at being ripped apart on this forum, but I will never deny how much it hurt me, to the point of tears. Keith would tell me to leave AzBilliards, that it ain't worth it. I come here once a day in the morning as I'm drinking my coffee, most days. Sometimes I skip a day or two now. I realize this forum isn't really a good place serious-minded pool aficionados. Though there are some great members here, the majority today enjoy having fun at the expense of another's feelings.

To those who are trying to do this to Deanoc, to rip him apart for their own entertainment, shame on you. You are the reason this forum is not what it once was.

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I am up late here in Kansas City, and just saw this post by JAM. I could not agree more, and would have difficulty in coming up with words to better express how supportive I am of Deanoc and his long time involvement on AZ Billiards.

Many of you know me, I am not a blind follower, nor am I a flame thrower. I have watched all the flame threads JAM mentioned, and clearly see how they are damaging, seriously hurtful and absolutely unnecessary.

I consider Deanoc one of AZ Billiards’s absolute finest contributors. Over many years he has started many interesting projects that have been enjoyed by participants. He treasures his integrity and goes to great lengths to ensure everyone who has bought something from him is satisfied. Without question.

Deanoc has made serious, significant contributions to assist the remaining family members of persons beloved by AZB who have passed away, in order to be of help, and in some cases has done so in complete anonymity. I became aware of one such act several years ago that was over $10,000. Without fanfare.

In all sales and projects Deanoc has ever done, there is Always a clear understanding that if not satisfied, a complete refund is available. I feel compelled to voice my thoughts here, because Deanoc really is, as JAM said, one of the good guys, and he has earned the respect I am commenting on.

Will Prout

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
To those who are trying to do this to Deanoc, to rip him apart for their own entertainment, shame on you. You are the reason this forum is not what it once was.

JAM it's nice of you to support Dean. In this case, I've criticized his advertising techniques, not the person. There is a difference. It's a simple matter. He advertised the cues as made by Jack Potter drawing in his ties to Libra, a short lived, somewhat famous cue among collectors. It's now obvious that Jack did not make the cues (so stated by Dean). So his customers were mislead by Dean's desire to sell, sell, sell and tendancy to hype, hype, hype. He refuses to state who really made the cues.

He is handling this in the worst way possible, excuses and evasion, instead of dealing with it. This is why he is being criticized. This is what happens when you handle a negative PR situation poorly.

I spoke to him on the phone yesterday (he asked me to call him) and it was just more of the same, excuses and salesmanship. He said I had no horse in this race.He said I was on my high horse dictating what he should do. He was right on both issues. I did not buy a cue. But when you enter a chatroom, sell stuff and then say people there shouldn't state an opinion, it's just that much more bullshit.

Jenny, you were treated unfairly and you were called names that I found offensive. I supported you. I got into it with the JERKS involved, and I got banned for a month for it. I don't take bullying lightly, but that can be a two way street depending on your perspective.

The question remains,what is DeanO going to do about it? Anyway, I've said enough about this incident. It was really handled poorly by DeanO and it's entirely his own fault.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I have a lot of respect for the 2 posters just above, JAM & Will, and I certainly appreciate their views and opinions. I do, however, have a slightly different take on things.

JAM refers to trolls and similar who take pleasure in ripping people apart and I know such people do exist here but there are also quite a few who, like her, have opinions on certain topics and they don't always have to align and if they see things differently, voicing their thoughts should be welcome, too, as long as they conduct themselves respectfully.

Overall, I think Deanoc is a good guy but to characterize him as someone who just wishes to get good hitting cues into the hands of those who want one might be a bit of a stretch. Dean is all about taking care of Dean. He is an incredibly inconsiderate marketing machine who has been asked plenty of times to tone down his volume and style of ads in order to be more considerate of others trying to sell on azb. His response to those requests was to do nothing differently.

I think Dean stepped way over the line with how he marketed these Jackpot cues. He says that in early Jackpot threads he made it clear that others were making these cues, not Jack. I don't recall reading anything like that. I do remember him saying that Jack was making them and a simple search will bear this out. He even posted a thread trying to sell them in the Cue & Case forum and he was run off of there for doing so. And of all placed, The Cue Gallery, he posted no pictures. He did say in that ad "I hope to get Jack to post some pictures of himself and his latest cues" Everyone is entitled to draw their own conclusions but I'm convinced that he was trying to create the illusion that Jack was making these cues when Dean knew very well that he wasn't. That, imo, is not okay.

Baiting and then switching is not made all better with refund offers after the fact. Good business 101 says you deal straightforward with people from the start and all the way through. The claims of women fainting when you walk in with your new cue is one thing, this is a very bad other turn he decided to take.

The people who bought these cues have a right to know who made them and Dean is now saying it was 'generous people who wish to remain anonymous' who made them. When and if one of his customers wishes to sell their Jackpot cue, whom shall they say made them, some generous anonymous person? Dean owes them the truth.

The rest of the azb community also has a right to not have to endure Dean's incessant spamming and rule breaking. The vast majority of his posts are to do with selling something either directly or indirectly and may are posted in forums where they don't belong.

Dean treats azb like it's his own personal sandbox doing whatever he pleases. I would ask that he kindly try to be more considerate of his fellow forum members going forward. And don't bullshit prospective customers ever again.

best,
brian kc

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
JAM, the reason this forum is a dead husk of what it once was is because of what you are doing. Excusing unfair and poor behavior because a poster is part of "the community".

Remember when good threads would get derailed by people commenting on their favorite coffee or music as a form of disruption to try and "calm people down"? That's why this forum is a shell of its former shelf.

Dean showed a lack of integrity and got caught. People don't like that. If this were any other site, he would have been tarred and feathered. Banned from selling? Probably. Placed on the Facebook "Do not Deal" list? Almost certainly would be added to that list unless he gave full refunds to everyone for misrepresenting items.

But please dismiss his lapse in judgment as "he's a stand up guy" and leave it at that. No one is allowed to be bothered by bad behavior, thanks for clearing that up

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I am a fairly newer member who tends to not post a whole lot. I typically don't speak unless I feel I can contribute to the topic at hand. I will break that trend here briefly just to add that this forum is a better place when more characters are posting.

JAM's threads with her pictures and perspective of behind the scenes at the IPT and other tournaments are valuable as documentation for a part of pool's history...not just entertainment. Heck one of my earliest pool memories is of a tuxedo wearing- cigarette smoking Keith completely running over Earl in a nationally televised match.

And Deano, I don't have any of Dean's cues and have never bought from him, as his toys are typically too advanced for my game, but I don't believe for a minute he is trying to rip people off. I mean heck, he has posted pictures of his house...I'm sure there are dozens on this forum who know his address...why in the world would he try to put one over...it's not like he has anywhere to hide. I think he just has fun, and tries to keep his pool world exciting. He has stated numerous times that if anyone feels cheated or is unhappy in any way, return it for a full refund. That's pretty bulletproof.

As for his stories and tall tales, again they may not be for everybody, but for others they are anecdotes to a period of pool history. In my opinion, posters like JAM and Deano only add to the colorful tapestry that is our little niche of a lifestyle. It is a shame that we don't have more like them posting here.

Before my grandfather died 20 years ago, I used to hate to sit and listen to his stories of the Depression, WWII, the 60's, etc. Now that he is gone, along with much of that "greatest" generation, I would give anything to have the privilege of hearing first hand accounts of those experiences that are more and more relegated to the history books.

How boring will pool be when there is no one around who "went on the road" or sweated the action at Johnson City, or made a huge score at "The Rack".

Just something to think about.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM it's nice of you to support Dean. In this case, I've criticized his advertising techniques, not the person. There is a difference. It's a simple matter. He advertised the cues as made by Jack Potter drawing in his ties to Libra, a short lived, somewhat famous cue among collectors. It's now obvious that Jack did not make the cues (so stated by Dean). So his customers were mislead by Dean's desire to sell, sell, sell and tendancy to hype, hype, hype. He refuses to state who really made the cues.

He is handling this in the worst way possible, excuses and evasion, instead of dealing with it. This is why he is being criticized. This is what happens when you handle a negative PR situation poorly.

I spoke to him on the phone yesterday (he asked me to call him) and it was just more of the same, excuses and salesmanship. He said I had no horse in this race.He said I was on my high horse dictating what he should do. He was right on both issues. I did not buy a cue. But when you enter a chatroom, sell stuff and then say people there shouldn't state an opinion, it's just that much more bullshit.

Jenny, you were treated unfairly and you were called names that I found offensive. I supported you. I got into it with the JERKS involved, and I got banned for a month for it. I don't take bullying lightly, but that can be a two way street depending on your perspective.

The question remains,what is DeanO going to do about it? Anyway, I've said enough about this incident. It was really handled poorly by DeanO and it's entirely his own fault.

I understand your thoughts, Tate! You and I go a long way back, even before AzBilliards. I remember Billiards Digest forum. They had a group of regulars there at one time.

I remember when you got banned for sticking up for me. I will never forget it. It wasn't fair, but I will always remember that kind of person you are for doing it. You are most definitely a gentleman and a good friend to those on this forum that you do care about, and I'm so happy that I'm one of them. :smiling-heart:

Some of us are experienced navigators on the internet. I remember my first time posting on the internet. I had a dial-up modem, and it was Brady Behrman who told me about RSB on Google Groups Usernet. OMG! I met Smorgie there, who invited me to AzBilliards eventually.

I eventually did learn a lot about forum culture as the years went by. I think us older folk may have more difficulties with forum culture than the younger generation.

I do know how a thread like this can affect someone deeply. It's happened to me many times. I won't let it happen anymore, though, because I don't hang here anymore. Facebook is such a better place to be for pool and pool friends and pool happenings. I still love reading AzBilliards News Page, however. It's nice that we have a variety of places to go now to find out the latest.

In essence, there will always be some folks on forums that like to twist words around and argue, just for the sake of arguing. It is really a waste of time. If you disagree with someone's thoughts, then you can state why and move on, but nobody should attack others with name-calling and other mean-spirited things. That's all I'm saying.

Happy New Year to you and yours, Tate! :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, the reason this forum is a dead husk of what it once was is because of what you are doing. Excusing unfair and poor behavior because a poster is part of "the community".

Remember when good threads would get derailed by people commenting on their favorite coffee or music as a form of disruption to try and "calm people down"? That's why this forum is a shell of its former shelf.

Dean showed a lack of integrity and got caught. People don't like that. If this were any other site, he would have been tarred and feathered. Banned from selling? Probably. Placed on the Facebook "Do not Deal" list? Almost certainly would be added to that list unless he gave full refunds to everyone for misrepresenting items.

But please dismiss his lapse in judgment as "he's a stand up guy" and leave it at that. No one is allowed to be bothered by bad behavior, thanks for clearing that up

This post illustrates perfectly what I'm referring to about forum culture. Should I respond to this guy or ignore? A few years ago, I would have slammed him, but frankly, I don't give a damn anymore. He's entitled to think what he wants and write what he wants. I can think what I want, but I won't write it and contribute to a flame thread. I'm done here.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I understand your thoughts, Tate! You and I go a long way back, even before AzBilliards. I remember Billiards Digest forum. They had a group of regulars there at one time.

I remember when you got banned for sticking up for me. I will never forget it. It wasn't fair, but I will always remember that kind of person you are for doing it. You are most definitely a gentleman and a good friend to those on this forum that you do care about, and I'm so happy that I'm one of them. :smiling-heart:

Some of us are experienced navigators on the internet. I remember my first time posting on the internet. I had a dial-up modem, and it was Brady Behrman who told me about RSB on Google Groups Usernet. OMG! I met Smorgie there, who invited me to AzBilliards eventually.

I eventually did learn a lot about forum culture as the years went by. I think us older folk may have more difficulties with forum culture than the younger generation.

I do know how a thread like this can affect someone deeply. It's happened to me many times. I won't let it happen anymore, though, because I don't hang here anymore. Facebook is such a better place to be for pool and pool friends and pool happenings. I still love reading AzBilliards News Page, however. It's nice that we have a variety of places to go now to find out the latest.

In essence, there will always be some folks on forums that like to twist words around and argue, just for the sake of arguing. It is really a waste of time. If you disagree with someone's thoughts, then you can state why and move on, but nobody should attack others with name-calling and other mean-spirited things. That's all I'm saying.

Happy New Year to you and yours, Tate! :)

I'll look for you on Facebook. Hope work is going well and you're still cookin' up a storm!

Ps. Over 5,000 friends and no room for me??

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
This post illustrates perfectly what I'm referring to about forum culture. Should I respond to this guy or ignore? A few years ago, I would have slammed him, but frankly, I don't give a damn anymore. He's entitled to think what he wants and write what he wants. I can think what I want, but I won't write it and contribute to a flame thread. I'm done here.

Ha, how did I flame you?

Oh no, shining a light on bad behavior is negative forum culture.

Daring to question your sphere of influence is somehow attacking you.

As a functional adult, you taking that victim mindset is pretty shameful and you should be embarrassed.