Top current pool players – 70+ years of age

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am interested in getting some opinions here on who the top current still actively playing pool players at 70+ years of age are? A few that come immediately to mind to me would be Ray Martin in his mid-80s, who plays rarely but can still play a strong one pocket and 14.1 game. Jose Parica, Jim Rempe and Nick Varner - all in their early 70s whom I don’t even know if they play anymore but just guessing they can still play very well, and Frank Tullos whom I know for a fact can still play quite strong in his early 70s. I’m unsure of Dallas West at 79, as to whether he still plays if anyone knows? Any other nominations of known former pro or unknown to many of us players who still play a mean game at 70+?

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Measurman our of The Mike High City. Plays all the games strong for about 6 hours then eats French fries.:cool::p

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they are 65+ but not yet 70. James "Bastrop" Davis Sr and Ike Runnels. They have finished first and second the past two years at the big Seniors One Pocket tournament in Houston.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Truman Hogue, at 74 years old, is still an elite bank pool player.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Billy Incardona is in his early 70's and still hits them pretty sporty.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Don't overlook Pat Fleming, who is over 70 and still competes in some big events including Turning Stone earlier this month.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
As far as elite level, I would love to see Nick Varner take a few months to get in stroke and start playing again. I think he would still be competitive at the championship level. Same with Mike Sigel, although he's only 67.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a few guys in their 70s and 80s who are unknowns to most of the pool world and can still run multiple racks of 8 ball in a set- not so bad- on nine footers too! Earl Herring - NY state- I believe- still plays real well- he must be at least 70- probably more.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ray Martin can still hit them pretty good. He’s just down the road from you in Raleigh. I think he’s 176 now. Or close.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I believe 70 years old in 2020, is like 39 years old in 1941. Old People today are not like my grandparent were.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Henderson
Jerry matchin sp aka baby Huey
Gaston Leblanc is a former Canadian straight pool champion who comes to Florida in the winter and plays out of my room
He is usually in the money at the local 9 ball tourneys