Jackpot Cues

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
needs practice!

Okay. It's time. I've had enough. Dog photo coming.

Looks like Mickey needs to work on his snow angel routine!

Merry, Happy, and whatever else I missed. Seems like I might have gotten one of those but I don't remember!

Hu

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue is playing like magic today. I think mine was made by Harry Potter.

I played some one pocket today for about three hours. With a house cue. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Still wish it wasn’t such a pain in the ass to take a cue on a flight.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HAHA, that's pretty witty, made me laugh. So it was the Tucker, Becue and the Potter today?

Yes, I had the trifecta of cues there today. :)

The Becue never came out of the bag.

I hit a rack or two of balls with the Tucker to try out the new tip I put on it, but I put it back in the bag to play some more with the infamous Zorro ebony merry widow.

That cue is like a little sports car...fun to drive. The weight and balance match perfectly and it makes it easy to play with. I don't know if all the cues in the batch play like mine does, but, if they do, I can see why nobody who actually bought one is complaining about they way they play.

Like I said previously, I tried mine before I got it and liked the way it played. If it didn't play good, I wouldn't have got it. It isn't like I needed any more cues. I have a dozen, or so, in the closet, custom and production, and have another custom cue being made now that should be ready in a few months.

Aloha.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I had the trifecta of cues there today. :)

The Becue never came out of the bag.

I hit a rack or two of balls with the Tucker to try out the new tip I put on it, but I put it back in the bag to play some more with the infamous Zorro ebony merry widow.

That cue is like a little sports car...fun to drive. The weight and balance match perfectly and it makes it easy to play with. I don't know if all the cues in the batch play like mine does, but, if they do, I can see why nobody who actually bought one is complaining about they way they play.

Like I said previously, I tried mine before I got it and liked the way it played. If it didn't play good, I wouldn't have got it. It isn't like I needed any more cues. I have a dozen, or so, in the closet, custom and production, and have another custom cue being made now that should be ready in a few months.

Aloha.

You ever play at the Hideaway bar or just stick to Brians?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You ever play at the Hideaway bar or just stick to Brians?

I haven't been to any bars in ages.

Last time I played in a bar over here, everybody quit playing except one guy. We were all putting quarters on the table and playing for beers and this one guy didn't drink beer. He was drinking some kind of fancy sissy drink that cost about twice the price of a beer. I told him that we should just play for $5 whenever it was his turn and he could drink whatever he wanted if he won.

Long story, short.

I left with about $600 of his money and he wasn't a happy camper anymore.

Maybe I should go to bars more often.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been to any bars in ages.

Last time I played in a bar over here, everybody quit playing except one guy. We were all putting quarters on the table and playing for beers and this one guy didn't drink beer. He was drinking some kind of fancy sissy drink that cost about twice the price of a beer. I told him that we should just play for $5 whenever it was his turn and he could drink whatever he wanted if he won.

Long story, short.

I left with about $600 of his money and he wasn't a happy camper anymore.

Maybe I should go to bars more often.

It's been a while siince I was there, they used to have a power hour with dollar beers and there was always someone playing pool, was a fun little hole in the wall. Looks to still be there, but I don't know if it's the same owners, place was a dive back in the day which was part of the appeal.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, is the Jackpot that much better than the Becue? hmmm

They both play good, but I was having fun playing with my new toy.

I've played with the Becue for quite a while now, so it is fun experimenting with something different.

The tip on my Becue is getting a bit low, so I may play with the Jackpot for the next little while until I get a new tip installed. I do my own on wood shafts, but I've never tried it on a carbon shaft. I'd rather let the guy with the lathe do it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
They both play good, but I was having fun playing with my new toy.

I've played with the Becue for quite a while now, so it is fun experimenting with something different.

The tip on my Becue is getting a bit low, so I may play with the Jackpot for the next little while until I get a new tip installed. I do my own on wood shafts, but I've never tried it on a carbon shaft. I'd rather let the guy with the lathe do it.

I can't believe you can play with that long ferrule.
I'd be too distracted. :thumbup:
Sorry, I'm just way too used to .800" or shorter ferrule.
And now used to tan paper micarta ferrule.
PS
The over and under for you to flip it is 2 months. :thumbup:

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS

The ferrule is one inch. It doesn't bother me.

I have lots of cues with one inch ferrules.

I am usually playing with my Becue with no ferrule and a 29" white shaft. That could be considered a 29" ferrule.

I've bought about 10 cues in last several years and only sold one of them, so I don't think I'll be getting rid of the Jackpot anytime soon.

FWIW, a doctor I know here plays with one of your cues and he came in Brian's last Sunday. He shot a few with the Jackpot and really, really liked it and kept asking me about it.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I played some one pocket today for about three hours. With a house cue. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Still wish it wasn’t such a pain in the ass to take a cue on a flight.

I have a possible solution to the “cue on a plane” issue.
PM me if interested.

Will Prout

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
jackpot cue

I would consider selling my spot in line!! I am sure Dean would not mind, and a much shorter wait than for a SW !!!!

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS

Wonders if each cue is made slightly different...

Good eye. Both ferrules are the same length, about 1.2" according to my calipers.

The ferrule is one inch. It doesn't bother me.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So there was no reveal of the maker(s)?

No and it's not going to happen. It's doesn't matter who did. It matters that Dean deceived his buyers about who did.

It's a very simple cue made in a short run. Any apprentice could have made them.

I've tried to encourage Dean to apologize for misleading his customers, get an LOA from Jack Potter for the owners, and explain who made the cues. He refuses to do so. There is a reason. I believe some of it is in his M.O. He's having a very difficult time dealing with this issue head on.

Last edited:

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wonders if each cue is made slightly different...

You may be on to something. I know mine is a 60" with rings, and there are also 58" ones out there. Some have rings and some don't Maybe ferrule lengths differ too. These Jackpot cues are sounding more like one of a kind customs the more I think about it. That's it, I'll sell mine for $700 if anyone wants it! :D

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may be on to something. I know mine is a 60" with rings, and there are also 58" ones out there. Some have rings and some don't Maybe ferrule lengths differ too. These Jackpot cues are sounding more like one of a kind customs the more I think about it. That's it, I'll sell mine for $700 if anyone wants it! :D

That's one way to describe nonuniformly done work.