Time vs Money vs Investment

2railbank

Registered
For those of us who are playing on inferior equipment (Sears table with loose particle board rails) I would like to ask what I should look for when I have the opportunity to upgrade to a better table. Makes & model that are a sound investment but woln't break the bank? Thanks.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
For those of us who are playing on inferior equipment (Sears table with loose particle board rails) I would like to ask what I should look for when I have the opportunity to upgrade to a better table. Makes & model that are a sound investment but woln't break the bank? Thanks.

A lot of that depends on what size table, and how much room you have, but at the least I'd say look for a Valley/Dynamo or Fisher, Global bar table, as most of them for sale used...are very cheap.

Baby PacMan

My bias makes me RIGHT!
Silver Member
I'm on a Sears table right now, and oddly enough I'm glad I bought it. I didn't know I liked pool this much; enough to plunk down a few coins for something better.

I don't have the space for GC or the money for Diamond. And I'm not good enough to justify buying one of the high end tables (furniture ones). But the Olhausen Belmont or L-series are what I have my eye on.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
A lot of that depends on what size table, and how much room you have, but at the least I'd say look for a Valley/Dynamo or Fisher, Global bar table, as most of them for sale used...are very cheap.

Like an 8' Valley with the Cheyenne Leather finish for example? Are you saying something like that would be great in a home? ;)