Which is the best tip?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with Predator and correct me if I am wrong but these come standard with Le Pro. I thought I read in a old post that these tips are best for how this cue(shaft) performs I read a lot about Moori, Talisman, and Triangle. I am looking for med/hard and the best performance for my cue. Also if it helps this cue is strictly my playing cue idon't use it to break.

Nico

Banned
Why don't you do what everyone else ends up doing, purchase one of every tip you are interested in and use each one for at least a month. At the end of the month, maybe you can make a pro & con list regarding the tip and then move onto the next one. After a year, you'll know what works best for you. No one, and I mean no one ever falls in love with a tip just because it's popular or comes recommended from a friend. Only trial and error will give you the anwers you seek.

After experimenting for a few years, I finally settled on the Talisman pro hard tips. They are great tips for an ecellent price, last forever and are very consistent. They have had problems in the past, but the same can be said about every cuetip manufacturer at some point.

Last edited:

dreco

Registered
I think for the money a medium/hard triangle can't be beat, but I also have a Talisman medium on one of my cue's and a hard talisman on the other, the hard Talisman tip is really nice and I switch between that one and the triangle. I haven't tried Mooris but the Talisman's are cheaper and may be just as good from what I've read.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
dreco said:
I think for the money a medium/hard triangle can't be beat, but I also have a Talisman medium on one of my cue's and a hard talisman on the other, the hard Talisman tip is really nice and I switch between that one and the triangle. I haven't tried Mooris but the Talisman's are cheaper and may be just as good from what I've read.

By and large, the Talisman's don't glaze over, while the Mooris do. Just chalk the Talisman and keep on shooting.

Flex

StormHotRod300

BigSexy
Silver Member
Well, if you want a Med-hard tip, you have plenty of choices lol.

And it depends on how much you wanna spend. I play with a Moori Med, and love the way the tip plays. I generally scuff the tip with my Ultimate tip tool once a month depending on how much i play, and then i just tip pik it really good everytime before i play.

this is one of those area's were its just trial and error. Plus if you tend to go through tips alot, then i would stay away from Layer'd tips. And just go with Talisman, Truimph, Le-pro, or Elkmaster. It will save you money untill you find a tip you like.

dave

kokopuffs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap tap. Nico's advice is the best. I know too many players who swear by either Triangle or Le Pro or Sniper tips. My Phillippi cue prefers Talisman Pro Medium tips. My Showcase Ernie Martinez really likes Triangles... It all depends not only on what your playing style prefers but also how the shaft reacts to the individual tip itself. Trust me on the latter point.

Learn to install tips yourself and you'll be miles ahead of the game.

Last edited: