Jb Rugged 4x8 review

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all I have had my JD rugged for about a year now and if anyone were to ask if I would recommend them? I would answer Absolutely Not.

Not only is 300 dollars with backpack straps pricey but you would think the rugged would last for years. I play pool 2 or 3 times a week never leave it in the car and take care of it. About 6 months in the interior started to fail and was loose. How that happened is beyond me but for being a rugged my semi soft Castillo case blows this out of the water not only quality wise but durability as well.

I didn't want to really do a review until after I went and brought my case to the expo, I showed it to John and he acted like I was overreacting and there was no big deal. Well John when you sell a case claiming it's tough and durable and talk all this nonsense about your interior being superior...you should back the product and also be nicer to your customers.

In no way did I want or ask for anything there just wanted to show what happened to my case maybe it was a flaw or bad luck. After meeting Gil I gave one of his cases a shot and i will never try anything else unless I hit lotto then maybe a whitten LOL. Sorry if I come off as trying to bash John, but I gave him a chance and after trying another product I think alot more people need to give CASTILLO a shot!!!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1912220344.jpg
    Snapchat-1912220344.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,633
  • Snapchat-318742966.jpg
    Snapchat-318742966.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 1,563
Last edited:

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha I will have to do a video to show the interior comes out completely all he did was tuck it back in ��

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pictures are up Confucius I'm not trying to create drama.more like tell people what can happen with these cases I have had a bunch of 4x8 cases and non ever did that. If you are making popcorn I'll do layered butter plz

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always enjoy peoples feedback, that said I seen these type of threads go a little different that maybe what the OP thought in my limited time here. Thanks for sharing.

I never owned a JB, but if the interior is not supposed to come out like that, I see how you would be upset. Now if you could take the interior out and clean it, due to design, that would be cool.

I'll make you a bowl;)

Last edited:

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree I think that may be pretty cool. I wouldn't go out of my way to do a review if it was something minor, I have alot of respect for small businesses. Oh and I will take a bowl handmade bowl anytime my friend ��

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the later production rugged Cases had removable interiors. I have an early and late production rugged case. The early production interior definitely does not come out. The later production is removable. Unless I am actually trying to take the interior out, it will not come out just from taking my cues in and out.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Hello all I have had my JD rugged for about a year now and if anyone were to ask if I would recommend them? I would answer Absolutely Not.

Not only is 300 dollars with backpack straps pricey but you would think the rugged would last for years. I play pool 2 or 3 times a week never leave it in the car and take care of it. About 6 months in the interior started to fail and was loose. How that happened is beyond me but for being a rugged my semi soft Castillo case blows this out of the water not only quality wise but durability as well.

I didn't want to really do a review until after I went and brought my case to the expo, I showed it to John and he acted like I was overreacting and there was no big deal. Well John when you sell a case claiming it's tough and durable and talk all this nonsense about your interior being superior...you should back the product and also be nicer to your customers.

In no way did I want or ask for anything there just wanted to show what happened to my case maybe it was a flaw or bad luck. After meeting Gil I gave one of his cases a shot and i will never try anything else unless I hit lotto then maybe a whitten LOL. Sorry if I come off as trying to bash John, but I gave him a chance and after trying another product I think alot more people need to give CASTILLO a shot!!!

Nicer to my customers? Ok, prove that you are one of them by showing me what it was I said to you that was not nice?

We send out new interiors to customers each week if they have problems with them.

That's why we make them easily removable.

If you met me at an expo and showed me this then I would have told you with 10000% certaintry that it isn't a big deal. Why? Because the interiors are easily replaceable.

What I do at shows is grab a new interior, take the old one out and put the new one in. If I don't have the color you want out of the 15 colors we offer then I will take a brand new case and take the interior out that if that works for the customer. If we don't have one at all then I will ask if you want a different color OR want us to make you a new one and send it later.

I read your story and I still don't understand your actual issue.

I can't tell if you are knocking JB (not JD) Cases for doing exactly what they are supposed to do or you just want to advertise for Castillo cases? Castillo cases are great, I own several of them.

I will help you out. Send me your JB Case and I will send Castillo a check for the full retail amount to be applied to your Castillo case order.

And when I get your case I will use it to make a video about how I should be nicer when telling a customer that there is no problem.

Deal?

jbullerjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Castillo cases are great, I own several of them.

I will help you out. Send me your JB Case and I will send Castillo a check for the full retail amount to be applied to your Castillo case order.

Deal?

Wow! Amazing! Just one of the reasons I promote your cases so much.

We need more people like you in this industry.

Btw my favorite way to settle any doubts is to put my very nice Blackcreek in my JB case turn it upside down and watch them grab to try and “save” my cue LOL.

Jimbo

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John I was with two of my friends and you NEVER EVER said the interior came out and if it did like I mentioned previously why does it stop halfway and slides loosely? I know for a fact I would never tarnish anyone's name and make a fake story up...no I am a small business owner and I have a huge amount of respect for others like myself. You were not pleasant and so much so I was upset didn't say anything after I left your tent, my friends looked at me and said why was he so rude about it? The interior should be snug and not moving around like that it's just not normal I have never seen that happen in my life. Also how would I prove that you were rude besides writing a review did you want me to record you with my phone lmao ?

Like I said I got my Castillo case I don't need a New interior like i never was offered until i made a review. Why would I do a review about my experience with you at the expo and leave out you offering free new interior??? It doesn't add up John sorry maybe it was a rough and long day for you and I came at a bad time but like I said before you were rude and not only that you acted uninterested.

Thanks again for the offer but I am all set, I am entitled to post my review without being trolled. I am not here just to promote Castillo I have only met Gil at the expo once and purchased a case from him, your right they are excellent cases I like mine some may like yours everyone is different.

Last edited:

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the video and my interior one is different and two doesn't come out all the way so idk if I'm missing something? Read what you said if that doesn't come off as rude and snotty then I'm losing my damn mind. Instead of questioning a customer why not just say hey I don't remember meeting you but if I was rude I apologize..that's not hard to do even when you don't agree with them, also you shouldn't try to make them seem like liars when clearly I have people who witnessed you just tuck in the interior and hand it back to me like nothing....

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John I was with two of my friends and you NEVER EVER said the interior came out and if it did like I mentioned previously why does it stop halfway and slides loosely? I know for a fact I would never tarnish anyone's name and make a fake story up...no I am a small business owner and I have a huge amount of respect for others like myself. You were not pleasant and so much so I was upset didn't say anything after I left your tent, my friends looked at me and said why was he so rude about it? The interior should be snug and not moving around like that it's just not normal I have never seen that happen in my life. Also how would I prove that you were rude besides writing a review did you want me to record you with my phone lmao ?

Like I said I got my Castillo case I don't need a New interior like i never was offered until i made a review. Why would I do a review about my experience with you at the expo and leave out you offering free new interior??? It doesn't add up John sorry maybe it was a rough and long day for you and I came at a bad time but like I said before you were rude and not only that you acted uninterested.

Thanks again for the offer but I am all set, I am entitled to post my review without being trolled. I am not here just to promote Castillo I have only met Gil at the expo once and purchased a case from him, your right they are excellent cases I like mine some may like yours everyone is different.

You can say whatever you want. Who can ever disprove you? I certainly can't because I literally deal with hundreds of people at that show.

However I can rely on what I consistently do which is to offer new interiors if a customer has a problem. Now you indicated that you were not asking for anything and only wanted to know if it is normal that the interior comes out. Yes, it is normal.

Now if you were expecting me to read some displeasure on your face at that answer or read you mind and go farther with you then I confess that I probably didn't do that.

I know that we service thousands of customers each year and each year there are a few disgruntled ones. While I would prefer it if that number were zero it is unlikely to ever happen because there are customers who are jerks that we don't tolerate and there are customers who get upset that they don't get whatever level of service they thought they should get while from our perspective we treated them the same as any other customer. Shit happens and if you don't give a person a chance to correct it then there isn't much they can do about situations that they don't know about.

I could inundate this thread with positive testimonials but it isn't necessary. I know who I am and what I stand for. I also know what we build and how we stand behind our work.

And good for you that you got a case you like from Gil. he is a nice guy and the cases are pretty good. I think ours are better built and are a better overall value and am happy to do side by side comparisons when asked but I don't go out of my way to compare our work to Castillo cases.

Now, you went on Facebook and said I called you a liar on AZB. I did no such thing. I think that is not honorable or ethical of you.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I watched the video and my interior one is different and two doesn't come out all the way so idk if I'm missing something? Read what you said if that doesn't come off as rude and snotty then I'm losing my damn mind. Instead of questioning a customer why not just say hey I don't remember meeting you but if I was rude I apologize..that's not hard to do even when you don't agree with them, also you shouldn't try to make them seem like liars when clearly I have people who witnessed you just tuck in the interior and hand it back to me like nothing....

Dude send the case back for a full refund. When I get it I will inspect it on video and compare to the cases we have on the wall.

Again, I deal with hundreds of people at the Super Billiards Expo. And yes if I am not "nice" to you here it is because I don't think you are being fair to us. You have a removable interior. You asked me if it was supposed to do that. I said yes and put it back into the case the way it goes in. I don't know if I was SUPPOSED to do anything else but I do know that if you had said well I don't like it then I would have said ok let's try something else. I have probably 20 cases in my shop that are all functional but something wasn't right on them and I simply exchanged them for the customer.

You posted a knock on me and a knock on my product and an advertisement for Castillo cases claiming that they are better. You don't actually have the right to post your claims without me getting a chance to address them and I don't know why you would think that you should get to attack a maker without allowing that maker a chance to speak in his defense on a public forum.

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling customers who believe you mistreated them jerks is not professional whatsoever. Your product was not like it was described in the video like I said it is loose and stops at a certain point. You questioned if I did see you at the expo one and two you insinuated that you had to of offered an interior which was false. So yes I was called a liar when instead of questioning a customer you could take it on the chin. Like you said not everyone will like your product but there is a difference with how you treated me and that makes your product worthless to me and many others.

I appreciate your sales pitch but not necessary I can see by your snottyness you obviously support your product no duh. You can say what you want about Gil but he and many other case guys wouldn't of treated me and acted like you have. Thanks for the late night conversation Best of luck in your business endeavors. Maybe one day you'll learn that going back and forth with a former customer is childish..this is my review not yours

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want absolutely nothing to do with you as a person your weird and aggressive towards someone who SPOKE THEIR MIND IN A REVIEW. THIS IS WHAT CUSTOMERS DO WHEN THEY ARE EITHER SATISFIED OR NOT SATISFIED... Have you not ever looked at any reviews before people COMPARE stuff...I compared yours to a Castillo and it blew yours out of the water and oh wait for it the best part was they were nice and felt bad about my experience with you. I never asked for any charity but it certainly should never be this loose and stop like that so say what you want but it was like that when I brought it to the expo. Because you back your product DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT to discredite or belittle customers. Best of luck in the future John

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My video rebuttal. And I forgot to mention something important. The interior shown in this gentleman's pictures is defective. It has a break in the back center which we know happens sometimes because the interiors were made for a time in a way that allowed it to break at that spot. There is ZERO CHANCE that if the interior had been that way when it was shown to me that I would have put it back into the case.

So I forgot to mention that our cases have a LIFETIME WARRANTY which means that this one should get a new interior under that warranty.

https://youtu.be/IB-goi14KXo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 1.33.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 1.33.45 AM.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 632

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I want absolutely nothing to do with you as a person your weird and aggressive towards someone who SPOKE THEIR MIND IN A REVIEW. THIS IS WHAT CUSTOMERS DO WHEN THEY ARE EITHER SATISFIED OR NOT SATISFIED... Have you not ever looked at any reviews before people COMPARE stuff...I compared yours to a Castillo and it blew yours out of the water and oh wait for it the best part was they were nice and felt bad about my experience with you. I never asked for any charity but it certainly should never be this loose and stop like that so say what you want but it was like that when I brought it to the expo. Because you back your product DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT to discredite or belittle customers. Best of luck in the future John

I guess you think you are the ONLY person who has ever went to a competitor complaining about how you were treated by the other guy and had that competitor lean in and commiserate with you while selling you something?

You don't think people come to my booth and complain about Gil and Joe and Jack and and and and.......

Welcome to the internet where you don't get to bash on public forums without the maker being able to defend themselves.

I didn't call YOU a jerk. I said SOME customers ARE jerks and we cannot please everyone.

By the way you are handling this conversation it seems that your perception and mine are vastly different. Again good for Gil and good for you that he was able to comfort you and sell you a case. And I understand why you would say it "blows yours away" or however you phrased it.

But the fact is that your OPINION - which is clearly biased based on your perception of being slighted in some way and your claim that you were comforted by my competitor's soothing acceptance of your story - does not become fact just because you claim it.

I have NO PROBLEM with you claiming that any other case is better than ours. I have a problem when you can't prove it objectively. You knocked the price, you knocked the quality of our work, you knocked me personally and expect me to take it without saying something? Sorry that's not going to happen.

vsmavs23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahaha thanks for more BS from you John your case was a piece of crap. I called you out for your shit customer service and cheap interior. If your cases were s o amazing I wonder why you said you send out new interiors every week..hmm that makes total sense!! Oh and one more thing John I made a review because your case interior FAILED oh it was was 10x heavier like a piece of luggage, not more secure than my Castillo, again you try to deflect making it seem like you did try to help...only offered stuff when your called our for making a cheap.interior and being rude as hell. I don't take shit from anyone so if you think your responses are supposed to scare me and others in bashing your cheap cases then you need to wake the hell up big time. End of the day you can take.your 300 bucks and shove it...rugged cases LOL after a year thing is falling a part..

Last edited: