Happy Hanukkah (or Chanukah if you prefer) To All Of Our Jewish Members

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It's on, the Eight Days of Hanukkah began at sundown last night.

From my house to yours, let's all have a wonderful 'Festival of Lights'. :thumbup:

Hanukkah Sameach!

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Happy Hanukkah

27A4BDE5-1ADD-474B-A4DA-DAD0B805D48B.jpeg

The 8 candles represent the 8 days.
...the 8th candle in the center is known as the shamesh or ‘server candle’.

The 7 candle menorah is not meant to leave the Temple.
The story behind this tradition is fascinating reading...goes back over 21 centuries ago...
...Judah and the Maccabees

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Happy Hanukkah

View attachment 537535

The 8 candles represent the 8 days.
...the 8th candle in the center is known as the shamesh or ‘server candle’.

The 7 candle menorah is not meant to leave the Temple.
The story behind this tradition is fascinating reading...goes back over 21 centuries ago...
...Judah and the Maccabees

Thank you Bob and Happy Hanukkah to all from a member of the tribe. I pray for all my brethren at this time of heightened anti-semitism across the globe. Judiasm is the oldest religion on the planet, dating back many millenia. There are only 7.5 million Jews in the U.S. and 15 million worldwide. Yet their achievements in Science, Medecine and Technology have created huge advances for all mankind.

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you Bob and Happy Hanukkah to all from a member of the tribe. I pray for all my brethren at this time of heightened anti-semitism across the globe. Judiasm is the oldest religion on the planet, dating back many millenia. There are only 7.5 million Jews in the U.S. and 15 million worldwide. Yet their achievements in Science, Medecine and Technology have created huge advances for all mankind.

Well said....
Israel is LEADER IN ALL KINDS OF TECHNOLOGY AND MILITARY AS WELL :smile:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Hanukkah to everyone.
7 days of presents, if I am not a religious man
am I allowed to celebrate multiple holiday traditions
or none at all?
Sticking with this Christmas thing with only one
day of presents is either better on my pocket book
or worse for my wish list.
Guess I'm undecided on many things:)

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said... Happy Chanukkah to all. I’m Jewish and still struggle to spell it correctly.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well stated, as usual, Jay. Here’s to speaking up, as you do, about the critical need for tolerance.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
N
Happy Hanukkah to everyone.
7 days of presents, if I am not a religious man
am I allowed to celebrate multiple holiday traditions
or none at all?
Sticking with this Christmas thing with only one
day of presents is either better on my pocket book
or worse for my wish list.
Guess I'm undecided on many things:)

As a child growing up in a predominately non Jewish nrighborhood I wanted to celebrate Christmas like the other kids. My parents knew this and thus we had a "Hanukkah Bush" set up in our living room every year, with presents underneath it for my brother, sister and me. On Christmas morning we would run down to unwrap our gifts.

At the same time, we had a Menorah on the fireplace mantle and would light another candle each day. We would also get extra gifts for Hsnukkah. I guess we had the best of both world's.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a child growing up in a predominately non Jewish nrighborhood I wanted to celebrate Christmas like the other kids. My parents knew this and thus we had a "Hanukkah Bush" set up in our living room every year, with presents underneath it for my brother, sister and mr. On Christmas morning we would run down to unwrap our gifts.

At the same time, we had a Menorah on the fireplace mantle and would light another candle each day. We would also get extra gifts for Hsnukkah. I guess we had the best of both world's.

And I was thinking my kids were spoiled;)

Your folks might be on to something there.
That's a cool way to do it for kids.
Your a lucky man Jay, in more ways than one!

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's on, the Eight Days of Hanukkah began at sundown last night.

From my house to yours, let's all have a wonderful 'Festival of Lights'. :thumbup:

Hanukkah Sameach!

best,
brian kc

Turned on my confuser and seen this thread ready to go to the next page. Happy to put it back to the top because Brian is awesome guy.

Happy Hanukkah on this fine Christmas Eve.

Pangit

Banned
kwanzaa_logo.jpg

On the eighth day of Hanukkah my true love gave to me, etc...

Merry Kwanzaa to all, and to all a good night. :angel2:

Last edited:

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member

It is good to be The Chosen People Jay. ;)

Happy Hanukkah to all!!

Last edited: