Equipment Being Used at The Southern Classic

Paul8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have noticed that there is some confusion about what exact tables we will have at the upcoming Southern Classic in Tunica, MS. Here is a summary of what tables will be used in which events:

Diamond 10 Foot Challenge (4) 10' Diamond Pro Ams
9 Ball Banks, One Pocket, 9 Ball (28) 9' Diamond Smart Tables
APA, BCA, NAPA, TAP (63) 7' Diamond Smart Tables
Artistic Pool Championship (3) 9' Diamond Smart Tables
Action Tables (12) 9' Diamond Smart Tables

All tables will have Diamond Pro Cut Pockets - 4 1/2" & 141 degree angle. Professionals and amateurs will be playing on identical specs (except for table size.) All Tables will have Simonis 860 Tour Blue, Super Aramith Pro Balls with a Red Circle Cue Ball, and one inch thick slate - one piece slate.

We looking forward to seeing all of you there at this event! For those of you that have never attended a Derby City Classic, this will be another opportunity for you to have that experience.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
What exactly is the nature of the amateur events? Are these actual separate league (national) sanctioned events being held by all 4 leagues at the same time?

Also, any info on the stream for the pro events?

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What exactly is the nature of the amateur events? Are these actual separate league (national) sanctioned events being held by all 4 leagues at the same time?

Also, any info on the stream for the pro events?

look in this thread for a post made by memphis bull frog. it has all the info on the tourny being held by napa. basically it is open to all amateur players from any league but they must provide id and proof of handicap in their respective league.

they are holding 3 man team , womens singles, and mens singles. they are also holding several mini tournies. these events are held july 20,21 22.

as for the apa. it is restricted to apa members. i may be wrong but all i have heard of is just a team event being held july 27,28,29.

i have not heard anything about what bcapl may be doing.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
look in this thread for a post made by memphis bull frog. it has all the info on the tourny being held by napa. basically it is open to all amateur players from any league but they must provide id and proof of handicap in their respective league.

they are holding 3 man team , womens singles, and mens singles. they are also holding several mini tournies. these events are held july 20,21 22.

as for the apa. it is restricted to apa members. i may be wrong but all i have heard of is just a team event being held july 27,28,29.

i have not heard anything about what bcapl may be doing.

Thanks, lorider. I don't see a post in this thread from the member you mentioned - just you, fathomblue, Paul8ball, and myself. But your info is what I wanted to know. Appreciate it.

Paul8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, I work for Diamond Billiard Products and I am one of the tournament directors for The Southern Classic. Earlier I posted a summary of the complete event. Each league participating will operate their own events. In that summary, we listed the contact information for the person that can give you the details for what they are planning. I think that the BCA Pool League is planning to have a 9 Ball Singles event. I have been told that NAPA will cross sanction people from other leagues with proof of identity and handicap. Feel free to contact these people to get the details of their planned events.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Paul, do you know if it would be possible to play with a BreakRak during practice times on the Diamonds? Or would that be frowned upon?

I just like to get in a few minutes with the BreakRak every couple of days.

Paul8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practicing with a Break Rack would be frowned upon I am afraid. During tournament hours, the practice time is limited. After we finish the tournament for the day, all of the tables are available for rental (except when running the Mini Tournaments.) That time would be acceptable, as there is little chance of anyone being distracted by using the Break Rack.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
The afterhours rental time is when I was hoping it was available. I didn't figure it would be kosher around tourney times.

But, if I could hit a few whenever nothing but practice or action stuff was goin on.....that's really all I was hoping for.

I'm not even completely sure I'm going to bring it, but I'd like to. Plus, there might be some people that have never used or even seen one. So, it might drum up some business for the BreakRak folks. I know I love the thing.

BTW, how much are the rental times going to be?

Paul8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table rental is just like the DCC, $5.00 per half hour. The tables are all coin operated and on free play during tournament hours. When the tournament is finished up for the day then we lock all of the tables down. You purchase tokens from the machines that we have setup at the event. The table stays on free play for 30 minutes. Then the timer times out and the table is locked again until more tokens are inserted.