How about Skyler!?

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really impressive. After two matches, I haven't seen him miss a single ball. The only errors I've seen were a scratch on the break (which could be attributed to luck), and bad position on the 9-ball once (which made no difference because Bergman made the tough shot on the nine)

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I guess you didn't see the two kick shots he missed.......but yes Skylar is playing very well.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Really impressive. After two matches, I haven't seen him miss a single ball. The only errors I've seen were a scratch on the break (which could be attributed to luck), and bad position on the 9-ball once (which made no difference because Bergman made the tough shot on the nine)

He has fouled on 3 kick shots.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Skyler has been the most solid player on team USA so far. Great young talent, no ego, no stupid mannerisms, just pure relaxed pool to get things done. :cool: Future champion for sure!

CokerFan82

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sky

I think that Sky is composing himself extremely well as a 1st time Mosconi teammate and being barely over drinking age!!

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been watching him for past 4 years at DCC and SBE.
He has unlimited potential.
He doesn't rattle, ever.
Him needing 2 games here is nothing to him.
Just walk through the door.
....dry break....we're screwed
That's pool

SlashingAxe

Pool newbie
Silver Member
Skyler played a great game although he did have some bad choices when he could've played safe but Boyes played just as well and was able to break and run something skyler wasn't really able to do

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This kid is enjoying his debut and has nerves of steel... Watch out, Team Europe!

billiards.slack.com/signup
-or-
Request by PM

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sky is without a doubt the attitude and mentality that america needs to win the mosconi and get back on top. Even though it's a points system but we need to try and stick with a team and develop the team, he is by a mile the best debut i've seen.

It was clear that he was calm from the jump and I don't know what the rule was but him and shane would of been my doubles team the whole way through.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also impressed by Skyler's cool and focused manner. Have seen some of the legends of the game turn to a bundle of nerves in this cup over the years. To know that one's career might be remembered by a bad 1-off Mosconi Cup appearance is a lot to fade. Kudos to him for looking like one of the stronger players out there.

Colin

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me start by saying nobody pulls for the u.s. In any sport more than i do. While i really love the youthful exuberance sky brings and the way he started the mosconi cup, i do believe his lack of experience in the safety game is starting ro show up( several times today with dechaine) this will improve over the next few years especially on the 9 footers. The euros have beaten us pretty badly in the safety battles but i do like skylers chances tomorrow when nobody is gonna be in his ear since its singles. Come on usa snap this thing off.(please don,t think i am criticizing skyler just pointing out the only weakness i see in his game)