Roomba - can it clean a pool table?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
This is such a stupid idea on so many levels that I don't know where to begin
It may be, but I practice a LOT on my home table and I'm frankly getting sick of vacuuming constantly, so I just bought one after seeing this thread. :thumbup:

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems like a track system could be installed above the tables then mapped so that it can deliver a table vac or a rackbot, or even food orders to the seating area. Getting balls into the rack might be a challenge, though. If it could pick balls out of the table for racking, it could also pick them out for returning or for cleaning, too. Then you make it smart enough to identify balls that have been swapped and alert the staff. The possibilities are endless.

jwilliams

Lapsus calami!
Silver Member
I use one...

I just got the latest Roomba model, 980. Can you use a Roomba to clean a pool table?

I use one on my 9ft. Diamond table. It's not the main reason I bought the Roomba, but it serves as a nice secondary use case. It works just fine and I've never seen any indication that it hurts the felt (or anything else.) But, I'm not sure I'd buy one just for that.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had one for years but have never used it on my pool table.

FTR, it doesn't use brushes. It has counter rotating. very soft. rubber pinch rollers. This along with a lighter vacuum action works great. Better that a microfiber cloth on smooth floors. It doesn't work well on carpet.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It's funny until an angry loser picks your Roomba up and throws it to the floor because it didn't push their ball in.

You can always bar the person that threw it but does not change the fact that you now have a $1,000 pile of plastic.

It was over $5 bet.

Yep, there are some real winners floating around in this world.

If a guy did that in a Jamaican room.....
...they’d call him a Roomba clot.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a guy did that in a Jamaican room.....
...they’d call him a Roomba clot.

I'm sure!

Everytime I see a Roomba, I think of him raising the roomba over his head and throwing it to the floor and plastic peices going EVERYWHERE.

I cringe everytime I think about it.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he say how they are different?
I don’t know. The guy takes used Roombas and refurbishes them. I understand that Steinway Billiards is also using them. The guy’s name was Manny G. Young, I believe. I don’t have any contact info. And I don’t know if he is still selling them. Contact Freezers or Steinway if you want more info.