Why change primary Playing cue???

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It's like asking why does a dog lick his balls?

Answer - Because he can.

We change cues because we can.

All the best,
WW

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's like asking why does a dog lick his balls?

Answer - Because he can.

We change cues because we can.

All the best,
WW

I was walking down the road one time with a buddy of mine. We were young, maybe 12 or 13.

We passed a yard that had a dog laying there just going to town licking himself.

My buddy said, "Man, I wish I could do that!"

I told him, "You better not, he'll bite the shit out of you...."

:thumbup2:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Why do most folks change cues? What I mean is what drives a Pro to change, sponsor $'s,
or would it be that they found a better 'hitting' cue then change sponsors.

For us mere mortals that have to pay for our own why does a person choose to change?
Looking for the "The Golden Fleece" "The Lost Dutchman's Mine', Gandalf's Magic wand???
What do you want or are looking for?

hank
Gandalf didn’t have a magic wand. He used a staff. :)

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think if I tried to pinpoint the reason I changed cues last time I would have to say it's because I snapped mine in half

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
I just enjoy trying different things to better decide if it is something I would like or not. Once I find something I like, I will keep it and use it. I had to try a lot of different tips and shaft diameters before I found what I preferred. When i started i preferred 13mm, now I prefer 12.5 and find a 13mm feels odd in my bridge.

Sometimes i find something i love, sometimes i find something i hate. A friend recently got a Viking, and it was the first time we tried one of their LD shafts. it really hit nice.

I will never be pro, but i enjoy the nice toys.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only changed cues once in my life. I bought my Schon 21 years ago and have used only that ever since. I have experimented with some ld shafts to see what the fuss was but I still use the original shaft as my player. I have zero need to change sticks at this point I know how to execute almost any conceivable shot with this cue accurately. Why learn a whole new set of parameters and feel?

I'm pretty close to this. Bought a Huebler and played with it for over a decade, still have that cue but now that I'm getting back into it after a 14 year hiatus I decided to retire my Huebler and found a Ned Morris I like. Two main cues in almost 35 years.

I've got a few others I bang around with but the Ned Morris is my everyday player.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Cause I have a bunch and I like to use them. "Getting dialed in" to a cue should not really be that major of an undertaking.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Got tired of holding the cue at the bumper. Wanted to try a longer cue.

Larry

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played for over 50 years and I missed a ball one time.

I'm trying to find a cue that can make that ball.

:)

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Last week I made a major decision to retire the Josswest I've been playing in competition with for 2 years.
This week my Josswest is out of retirement because I had to sell the new one I liked so much.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The stick dont matter

The Lion showed up one time raving about a Z shaft he’d been running 100s with.....
...I felt it was a bad choice....set up a shot...4.5 diamonds long...half-ball cut..
...shot comes up at 9-ball once in a while....more often at 1-pocket....
...gotta hit with maxi inside english at a slow speed...told him he gets one shot...
...he hit the ball dead on....he wanted to set it up again..told him...if that was one shot in
a tournament or for all your cash....it’s all over.

That shaft handles a snooker ball better than a pool ball.

In golf, you can hit a green from 80 yards with a three wood....
..but a guy with a wedge will rob you.

I think a good cue is important

I used to travel with an 18.5 oz Joss and a 20.25 oz Szamboti.
...sometimes conditions demanded the heavier or the lighter cue...
...and the Joss was always for one-pocket.