Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Flipping is for the birds. Lag it!

Votes: 18 25.7%

• Total voters

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
OK all you flip for its...

If you flip a coin and it ends up on the rail cloth, is it a legitimate flip?

:thumbup:

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
Doesn't really matter where it lands as long as it lands flat...then again it's a coin so it should always land flat lol

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
I can not imagine why not. Lagging is an option, but when in cheap sets ( almost all I will ever be in ) we flip at at the start of each set. Just quiker and less cumbersome the lagging for each one. A rail lander starts the set no doubt.

Thunderball

Auto rep for belly laughs
Silver Member
I should also mention there is an app for this too. Go to apps and search coin flip on your smart phone. Its free and simple and maybe a little silly, but it works. Tap the screen and "ping" its flipping lol.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Not in some parts of southern Arkansas. I was in a bar called "Ernies Brew and Cue", just off I-45 on the far north side of the southbound access road when that very thing caused a fight to break out on one of Ernie's seven footers. The Sherriff was called, who turned out to be Ernie's brother-in-law, and arrested the two guys who started the fight. One of them was the nephew of Ernies second wife, who as it turns out was the sister of the Sherriff and the other guy was Ernie's step-son twice removed. I had been drinking heavily at the time and it made perfect sense. :D

EZMoney

Could this be your money?
Silver Member
anything for a post

What does it matter? If you're playing in my sand box you play by my rules!;)

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Doesn't really matter where it lands as long as it lands flat...then again it's a coin so it should always land flat lol

NOT ALWAYS:wink: Jokingly I once called "edge" and the quarter fell into the pocket and was stuck in the leather STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN! lmfao...we laughed really hard at how crazy that was.....

i prefer to lag than flip, and since the rail is legal for a ball to be on I'd say that its ok for the coin to be there too....don't take them off the floor tho, if I'm going to flip you flip on the table so rail counts, off table doesn't.

my2cent,
-Grey Ghost-

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Buttered break, when dropped, always lands on the floor buttered-side-down. A falling cat always lands on its feet. So what would happen if we strap a slice of buttered bread to a cat's back, buttered side up, and drop the whole contraption?

A tear in space-time?

:D

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Buttered break, when dropped, always lands on the floor buttered-side-down. A falling cat always lands on its feet. So what would happen if we strap a slice of buttered bread to a cat's back, buttered side up, and drop the whole contraption?

A tear in space-time?

no it doesn't drop butter side down every time....watch mythbusters lol

the fabric of space-time is safe for today:wink:

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member

A tear in space-time?

If I'm familiar with my Heisenberg, Hawking, and Schrödinger, and I do believe I am, you would create some sort of both-alive-and-dead cat-butter singularity, hovering a few inches above the floor.

-Andrew

I, for one, welcome our new hover-feline butter-zombie overlords.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Not if you're using APA rules! (I kid...)

Generally, when we flip, only the table surface is legal.

Cuebacca

________
Silver Member
If I'm familiar with my Heisenberg, Hawking, and Schrödinger, and I do believe I am, you would create some sort of both-alive-and-dead cat-butter singularity, hovering a few inches above the floor.

-Andrew

I think you guys are on to something here! :)

anti-gravity_cat.gif

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member

-Andrew

You are quite right, but as we all know, if a cat were caught up in a singularity it would be squeezed until it crapped all over the bread. I say to you now Andrew, what then? :confused:

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
You are quite right, but as we all know, if a cat were caught up in a singularity it would be squeezed until it crapped all over the bread. I say to you now Andrew, what then? :confused:

Sh!t... If this gon' be that kind of party, I'm 'onna stick my d!ck in the mashed potatoes!

-Andrew

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
I gotta ask.......the table is four and a half feet wide and 9 feet long and a quarter is the size of....well.....a quarter. How bad do you flip a coin that it has any chance of landing on the rail or, God forbid, on the floor?
MULLY

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Boy, Matt must really hate me for so hijacking his thread with the buttered-bread-feline thing. But I'm nearly crying over here -- my sides hurt! :rotflmao1: