What's Better? What's Worse?

the chicken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's Better? What's Worse? Miscues Chalk

* Having your ass kicked by an opponent who uses a house cue or loosing to a player that shoots with a really expensive cue?

* What would be your choice: Being a jump artist or kick monster?

* When you miscue do you: Chalk up or get out the tip shaper?

* Do you share your ten-dollar-a-cube chalk or hoard it?

Shoot safe,

John

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
* Having your ass kicked by an opponent who uses a house cue or loosing to a player that shoots with a really expensive cue? House cue - props to the guys who can shoot lights out with any equipment

* What would be your choice: Being a jump artist or kick monster? - i can jump well but thats because im not a kick monster :) i would much rather be a kick monster

* When you miscue do you: Chalk up or get out the tip shaper? - should get the shaper but mostly just chalk

* Do you share your ten-dollar-a-cube chalk or hoard it? - share it

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't share my free Masters chalk. You expect me to share a $10 cube?!?!

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't care what cue my opponent uses, or what I use, just hate losing.
Rather kick than jump.
Get out the chalk if I miscue. Shapers and scuffers are overused IMO.
Generally chalk every shot so Master's is fine with me. Yes I would share that if asked.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
* Having your ass kicked by an opponent who uses a house cue or loosing to a player that shoots with a really expensive cue? Does not mater, a loss is a loss.

* What would be your choice: Being a jump artist or kick monster? Both

* When you miscue do you: Chalk up or get out the tip shaper? Chalk up 90% of the time, sand paper 10% of the time.

* Do you share your ten-dollar-a-cube chalk or hoard it? I hoard a $0.12 piece of chalk.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

* Having your ass kicked by an opponent who uses a house cue or loosing to a player that shoots with a really expensive cue?

Shoot safe,

John
Just answer one question

Better to be a kicker then a jumper. Reason, I would guess 8 out of 10 times when I am hooked the kick is the right shot. People jump too much. Most of the time when you jump you don't make the ball and sell out or give up ball in hand..

You can control kicking. Kick balls up table, lay on a ball. Draw and stick the cueball while driving the object ball safe. Kick multiple rails and so on. Like I said, jumping most of the time you either give up ball in hand or hit it and sell out anyway.

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member

I've seen good players wipe up with a house cue and I know plenty of people that have top of the line custom cues that can't string together 2 balls. So, it doesn't matter to me either way.

Kick monster.

Depends on after looking at the tip. If the tip needs to be shaped I'll get the shaper. If it just needs chalk I'll chalk it up. There are a lot of people that go to that tip shaper waaaay too often.

I hate selfish people. It's just chalk. And if you're spending 10 bucks on a cube of chalk, you need help.

MULLY

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think jumps should be illegal. I am more of a purist and they take the art of the kick out of the game.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Props to the guy grabbing a house cue and mopping up with it!!!

I would rather kick, I love it when my opponent grabs his jump cue.

When I mis-cue, I tell myself its time to get a stroke, often out loud, I know its me and not my tip shape or chalk.

I often leave my Masters on the table for all to use, the only reason I have my own is because I will not use a cube of chalk that is drilled halfway to China. I do not want chalk all over my ferrule or shaft.

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

house cue beatdown

I kick way better than I jump so i'd rather be a jump artist

chalk up

if i had a $10 cube/pyramid/sphere/obelisk of chalk i would try to find who left it! lol

nginear

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shoot safe,

John

I would have to go with house cue, kick, chalk, and hoard. Looks like that is the majority of the responses so far as well.

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
losing to anyone regardless of what they wield feels the same to me....

Kick monster....

Chalk it up....

I dont play with saw buck chalk....but i would share as long as they have good chalking habits.

liakos

Banned

Shoot safe,

John

#1-don't care!

#2-kick monster

#3-usually neither, I only miscued because of a bad stroke!

#4-until blue masters gets that high, I won't be spending the stupid money for chalk!

Also, although most lower level players won't admit it, it's not the chalk, it's the stroke 99% of the time!

wixo3

welp
Silver Member
*house cue

*filipino kicking maestro

*chalk up,

* I use masters, but prefer not to share (I'm a swiper, and the last thing I need is someone drilling a hole in my chalk)

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Holy bat shit, Frogman. I mean, holy frog shit Batman. I feel like I'm back in the fifth-grade.
1. Beat by a Wallabuska.
2. A kick monster.
3. Chalk up.
4. Where I come from, chalk is free.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why AZB is the premier pool forum in all of North America, and most parts of the known world. :smile:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member

* Having your ass kicked by an opponent who uses a house cue or loosing to a player that shoots with a really expensive cue? House cue definitely

* What would be your choice: Being a jump artist or kick monster? Kick monster. Being a world class kicker will win you far more games than jumping

* When you miscue do you: Chalk up or get out the tip shaper? Chalk up most of the time. I'll scuff my tip when I need to

* Do you share your ten-dollar-a-cube chalk or hoard it? I'll share it. I have a cracked cube of Kamui chalk that I've had since it first came out. I only use it on my break cue when I get it out of my bag and on my player when I scuff my tip. If anyone wants to try it out they are more than welcome

Shoot safe,

John

There's my answers

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What the......

Getting beat by a player with a house cue... had it happen!

Kick monster!... anyone can get a phenolic tip short stick and get air, but
kicking?.. that's an art form. I'd love to see a video compilation of some
devastating kick shots, like Efren's Z kick against Earl. Even Earl
applauded that one.
What would a 9 ball tournament be like if you could ONLY kick?...
NO JUMPS?

Chalk first... always.

No $10 chalk, just old NOS Master green... and I ain't sharing... run what
you brung.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
neither

would love to be one of those guys that can drill every jump shot they see + I kick pretty decent now

I don't miscue enough to remember - I'd guess chalk

I use what's there - sharing is kinda required