Besides 2013, was there ever a year that the Mosconi Cup didn't reach day 4?

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Going to Vegas this year to watch the Mosconi Cup, but only bought tickets to Day 4 due to work and vacation day conflicts, and I'm skeptical about it even going to a day 4. How are our chances looking?!?!!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Going to Vegas this year to watch the Mosconi Cup, but only bought tickets to Day 4 due to work and vacation day conflicts, and I'm skeptical about it even going to a day 4. How are our chances looking?!?!!

Hoping it does. But I'll be there for all four!!:thumbup:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I was there in 2013 and 2015. The early finish in 2013 resulted in a day of crazy partying :grin: Both sides got a little loose and it was quite entertaining. In other words it was still fun.

Cuebuddy ...... with tickets for all four days for 2017.
Work on your chants boys!

USA.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
There on business and can only watch day one. Something in me says that this is the year of the push back. Most winning or losing streaks last too long. Generally whatever the team is doing to get there has changed but it just seems to take a little longer to overcome. This year USA either makes it close or wins. I have ZERO evidence to prove this statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I was there in 2016 when it was clear there wouldn't be a day 4, so Matchroom shortened days 2 and 3 (or just 3, not sure).

MatchroomPool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
There have been two occasions when the Mosconi Cup was concluded within three days. Those were 2013 when Europe won 11-3 and 2001 when the USA won 12-1, having lost the opening match.